Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Qb's in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Allen, Rosen, Darnold. Fine with either of the 3, if the staff identifies one of them as our guy and we have to give up a massive haul to get one then so be it.
    Pretty much sold on this is what will happen for next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    I am a huge fan of college ball,yes luke faulk is gonna rise in my opinion. Some of these Qb's may not be so shiny because of losses to the teams players wise but it will be a solid draft. Much better crop then this year in my opinion.
    Luke Faulk is my choice in the 2018 draft if the Cards go this route and don't sign a veteran quarterback.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

cardinals Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold QB USC 2018 is my first choice, I've watched the second string Jack Sears QB at USC play as well and he's good too!
    I'll be watching the rest of the QB's as well...

I would not get Bortles, Bridgewater or the dude from NE....

Rosen would be good if we have a good OLine..
    Last edited by Skipper1111; 04-30-2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added some words

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    Luke Faulk is my choice in the 2018 draft if the Cards go this route and don't sign a veteran quarterback.
    Faulk is one of my faves too. Look at this group of starters for this year. It wouldn't be the biggest stretch of the imagination to see the state of Washington getting the number one pick in both of the next few drafts.

This year we will be watching (in no particular order)
    Lamar Jackson - Louisville
    Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
    Josh Allen - Wyoming
    Josh Rosen - UCLA
    Sam Darnold - USC
    JT Barrett - Ohio State
    Wilton Speight - Michigan
    Luke Falk - Washington State
    Jake Browning - Washington
    Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
    Kenny Hill - TCU
    Malik Zaire - Notre Dame
    Quinton Flowers - South Florida
    Trace McSorley - Penn State

Someone else will do a Mitch Trubisky and rise 'from nowhere' to be included in this group of seriously talented prospects.

Right now, as much as I dislike the university, I can easily see McSorley being first pick as well. Penn State are a serious team and McSorley is an incredible talent leading them.

College should be extra great this year and next, with many of these guys not even eligible in 2018.
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    Mark my words... on Sunday, April 30th, 2017.. Blake Bortles will be the Arizona Cardinals 2018 starting QB..
    I have thought about this veteran qb scenario for 2018 which could include names like Bortles, Kap, Glennon, Cutler. Some more likely than others. But then there is the draft which I see as more likely. If Palmer plays in 2018, I still see a qb chosen in round 1 of the 2018 draft. If the Cards win the Super Bowl which likely would lead to Palmer retiring, the draft pick would start the re-building phase unless a veteran was also signed to play for a year or two while the rookie learns. Either way, I likely see a first round qb selection like a Luke Faulk being picked in 2018. It would have to be a huge veteran signing like a Bortles because of his age to change that. I'm not sure Bortles would be the right direction to go but it's been proven that a change of scenery has changed many players careers for the better.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

By the end of the next college football season this list and QBs we are talking about will mostly have changed.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Who will be in the QB sweepstakes next draft?

Jets, Jags (unless Bortles figures it out), Cardinals, who else am I missing? Chargers? Redskins/49ers depending on what happens to Cousins? Saints? Bills?

- Bears got Trubisky
    - Browns got Kizer
    - Texans got Watson
    - Giants got Webb
    - Chiefs got Mahomes
    - Steelers got Dobbs
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 04-30-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Faulk is one of my faves too. Look at this group of starters for this year. It wouldn't be the biggest stretch of the imagination to see the state of Washington getting the number one pick in both of the next few drafts.

This year we will be watching (in no particular order)
    Lamar Jackson - Louisville
    Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
    Josh Allen - Wyoming
    Josh Rosen - UCLA
    Sam Darnold - USC
    JT Barrett - Ohio State
    Wilton Speight - Michigan
    Luke Falk - Washington State
    Jake Browning - Washington
    Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
    Kenny Hill - TCU
    Malik Zaire - Notre Dame
    Quinton Flowers - South Florida
    Trace McSorley - Penn State

Someone else will do a Mitch Trubisky and rise 'from nowhere' to be included in this group of seriously talented prospects.

Right now, as much as I dislike the university, I can easily see McSorley being first pick as well. Penn State are a serious team and McSorley is an incredible talent leading them.

College should be extra great this year and next, with many of these guys not even eligible in 2018.

Check out Jarrett Stidhalm

Quote Originally Posted by JagNCard225 View Post
    Browning?
    Yes the arm is my main concern.

Quote Originally Posted by maricopa_taco View Post
    Only way to get top QBs will be to have worse year than last year. Because if the Cardinals go deep into the playoffs and make the Super Bowl, I doubt SK will trade up. We will probably get another middle aged QB again, which isn't a bad thing either. QBs on the Cardinals roster have short life spans since moving to the Valley.
    Not true if you get a trade partner and willing to part with a lot of picks. If you are going for what you think is the future leader you don't have an issue with giving up the picks.