Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I LIKE it!

I don't think we have enough of a waiting list to make that happen. I've had my season tickets for 2 seasons, about to start season 3. On my first season, I had multiple options in the lower level (100) sections. All I had to do was join the waiting list a few months before season tickets went on sale. The following year, I was able to get my seats reassigned and we're now only 14 rows from the field.

The Cardinals have a strong fan base, and I'd consider myself a loyal fan, but there's times that even I don't want to go to the games. The stadium location is a pretty far drive for probably 75% of the valley (myself included). Plus we never have the early games, it's always 1:00 or 2:00 (aside from night games), so you don't really have time to enjoy your day before the game. By the time you get home, it's probably dark out so your day is pretty much over.

Add how hot it is and how long of a walk you have to take, and I'm more tired after that than if I had worked that day. Also, don't even get me started on the school buses to/from the brown lot that didn't even have A/C my first year as a season ticket holder, and the long lines in the blistering sun just to get on a bus. I still love going to the games and I'll be at most if not all of them this year, but it's certainly more comfortable to be at home, without paying $40 for two people to eat food that is mediocre at best, as well as $1,000 per seat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    A good start would be booting anyone who sells to Cowboy fans on Monday Night Football.
    LOL..outstanding
    in the end though the scalpers will figure out away around it...not to mention the lawsuits it will bring
    The Big A era begins

Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    A good start would be booting anyone who sells to Cowboy fans on Monday Night Football.
    I heard there are a lot of Cardinals season ticket holders that still consider the Cowboys their number 1 team and switch jerseys when the Cowboys are in town. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Skratchy_Seal View Post
    I heard there are a lot of Cardinals season ticket holders that still consider the Cowboys their number 1 team and switch jerseys when the Cowboys are in town. No joke.
    Some of that Cowpie loyalty goes all the way back when Phoenix did not have a NFL team. The Cowpies were a winning team and TV games into Phoenix were often Cowpie games.

I lived in Northern Arizona around the same time and the Denver Bronco games were the ones on Sunday in that part of the state.

We got a lot of residents who moved here from other big city locations. Lots of Bear fans, Packer fans, even Brown fans.

Now that the Cards are here and if they keep putting competitive teams on the field---look for the first loyalty for new NFL fans to be for the Cards (even if Grandpa still wears Cowpie gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Some of that Cowpie loyalty goes all the way back when Phoenix did not have a NFL team. The Cowpies were a winning team and TV games into Phoenix were often Cowpie games.

I lived in Northern Arizona around the same time and the Denver Bronco games were the ones on Sunday in that part of the state.

We got a lot of residents who moved here from other big city locations. Lots of Bear fans, Packer fans, even Brown fans.

Now that the Cards are here and if they keep putting competitive teams on the field---look for the first loyalty for new NFL fans to be for the Cards (even if Grandpa still wears Cowpie gear).
    Yes, that's pretty much how I remember it, too. My family in Flag have always been rabid Dallas fans going way back, and for the reasons you mention. I grew up in Flag, worked there my whole career, always heard about either the Cowboys or the Broncos. I'm the token Cards fan in the family, you should hear the discussions. We're living in Colorado now, Broncos everything here - every now and then I see another Cards fan. They're having the same season ticket issue now, it's in the news. One interesting case I heard about this past week is a police officer in Denver who buys a season ticket but can never make the games due to his shift, so he sells his tickets; the Broncos canceled his tickets. Made me think.

Quote Originally Posted by Skratchy_Seal View Post
    Funny, the guy that sat next to me for a season in Sun Devil Stadium was one of these. He rooted for the Cards all season until the Cowboys came to town. I had fun giving him a hard time. I remember it was the year that Philippi Sparks played for the cowpies.
    Last edited by The Curmudgeon; 05-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.

I thinking winning is the best cure. Win that Super Bowl and bring that ring to Arizona, and magically much fewer tickets would be sold since the fans would have more to protect, more pride. Until that happens, fans will give into that highest bidder with a heavily transient fan base from all over that both live here, and travel to the games.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 05-07-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by beauwinden View Post
    I don't think we have enough of a waiting list to make that happen. I've had my season tickets for 2 seasons, about to start season 3. On my first season, I had multiple options in the lower level (100) sections. All I had to do was join the waiting list a few months before season tickets went on sale. The following year, I was able to get my seats reassigned and we're now only 14 rows from the field.

The Cardinals have a strong fan base, and I'd consider myself a loyal fan, but there's times that even I don't want to go to the games. The stadium location is a pretty far drive for probably 75% of the valley (myself included). Plus we never have the early games, it's always 1:00 or 2:00 (aside from night games), so you don't really have time to enjoy your day before the game. By the time you get home, it's probably dark out so your day is pretty much over.

Add how hot it is and how long of a walk you have to take, and I'm more tired after that than if I had worked that day. Also, don't even get me started on the school buses to/from the brown lot that didn't even have A/C my first year as a season ticket holder, and the long lines in the blistering sun just to get on a bus. I still love going to the games and I'll be at most if not all of them this year, but it's certainly more comfortable to be at home, without paying $40 for two people to eat food that is mediocre at best, as well as $1,000 per seat.
    All the things you complained about... Part of Football Sunday. For my family, it is an all day event. I love that the games are at 1 or 2 (you do know the games on TV in the morning here are played at 1 or 2 PM in that particular stadium, right?). That means tailgating as soon as the parking lot opens. I live about 45 minutes from the stadium, I don't mind the long drive. It feels longer if we lose but my family still enjoys the all day experience. Spending money on stadium food? Eat before the game. A/C on the bus ride? I guess living here my whole life has me use to the heat, especially when we sat in SDS with no shade or A/C.

I'm not trying to give you too much crap, but, it sounds like you don't enjoy going to games that much. Shoot, my seats are up in the nose bleeds, and I still have a blast!

Phoenix doesn't have the heritage of some of the long standing sports cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, Green Bay (NFL only), Philadelphia and Boston. We do however have lots of retirees and their extended families here which will take time and a winning tradition to overcome. No doubt the swing to Arizona is coming as I remember the days at SunDevil where Cardinal fans were in the minority for most games against these teams and nowadays....not so much. A lot changed when we left the NFC East and joined the West and moved that fan base out of our division.

I love the idea as well. There are too many traitors. Pro Sports seats should NOT be investments for people. They should be for true fans who attend the games. I love this idea. I hope the Cardinals do the same.
    Go Cardinals!