Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I LIKE it!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    Phoenix doesn't have the heritage of some of the long standing sports cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas, Green Bay (NFL only), Philadelphia and Boston. We do however have lots of retirees and their extended families here which will take time and a winning tradition to overcome. No doubt the swing to Arizona is coming as I remember the days at SunDevil where Cardinal fans were in the minority for most games against these teams and nowadays....not so much. A lot changed when we left the NFC East and joined the West and moved that fan base out of our division.
    I am a season ticket holder. A friend of mine wanted to purchase season tickets for the first time. The best he could get were obscure nose bleed seats. Anything lower bowl is in demand and there are plenty of true Cardinals fans who would be glad to purchase those tickets. What you are saying is same ole trite stereotype of the Valley.

It's interesting to read comments like your theories because there are lot of theories by fans who are not in the know. Talk to actual people who want to buy season tickets and it's a different story. There is a huge fan base here. People just get greedy and take advantage of visitors. We need to stop those people and reward real fans.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 05-09-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    I am a season ticket holder. A friend of mine wanted to purchase season tickets for the first time. The best he could get were obscure nose bleed seats. Anything lower bowl is in demand and there are plenty of true Cardinals fans who would be glad to purchase those tickets. What you are saying is same ole trite stereotype of the Valley.

It's interesting to read comments like your theories because there are lot of theories by fans who are not in the know. Talk to actual people who want to buy season tickets and it's a different story. There is a huge fan base here. People just get greedy and take advantage of visitors. We need to stop those people and reward real fans.
    Did you even read my post? My brother in law and I have shared 4 season passes since 1988 and there is a huge difference between the fan base then and now. My "theory" is shared by many who've been around this team since the beginning. I even remember whenever Denver came to town the stadium was overrun with Bronco fans. I would love to see the FO work on shutting down season ticket holders that routinely sell their seats to opposing fans and it would go a long way to improve the Cardinal fans experience as well.

We have a much stronger fan base now than in years past but have a long way to go before we become a sports town like the ones I've mentioned.

Did you even read my post? My brother in law and I have shared 4 season passes since 1988 and there is a huge difference between the fan base then and now. My "theory" is shared by many who've been around this team since the beginning. I even remember whenever Denver came to town the stadium was overrun with Bronco fans. I would love to see the FO work on shutting down season ticket holders that routinely sell their seats to opposing fans and it would go a long way to improve the Cardinal fans experience as well.

We have a much stronger fan base now than in years past but have a long way to go before we become a sports town like the ones I've mentioned.
    Ticket brokers dude... They own a lot of seats. I know because before I became a season ticket holder I used to buy them from the big broker sites. And some fans who straight up cant make it to every game so they sell and re-coop some money. My best friend who also is a season ticket holder is a fire fighter and he really tries to schedule his work days around Cardinal season so he can go to every home game but every now and then he has to miss a game. I might actually have to miss the Monday night game against Dallas because I have a Elk hunt that only comes once every 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    I might actually have to miss the Monday night game against Dallas because I have a Elk hunt that only comes once every 10 years.
    I think I might be the only guy in Az that hasn't been pulled for a tag yet.....................
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    I think I might be the only guy in Az that hasn't been pulled for a tag yet.....................
    You could always go bow hunting, better odds there for sure.

I can't make it work but one of my in-laws would put Hawkeye to shame.

I bow hunt and if you want a trophy unit its a long wait.. I got buddies with 9 or 10 bonus points still waiting to get in unit 10.. I pulled unit 9 with 6 points
    Last edited by Phil Beavers; 05-10-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    I might actually have to miss the Monday night game against Dallas because I have a Elk hunt that only comes once every 10 years.
    You got drawn once again while I am left with another bonus point

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    You aren't alone sir. There are so many of us. The Game and Fish dept. just likes Phil, A LOT.

Been bow hunting a few times, not too recent though. I think they smell me from a mile away. I don't see anything normally.

Anyway, besides creating a winning environment here in the Valley (which I think they have started to do pretty well), if you sell your tickets, sell them to other Cardinals fans. Unless it's preseason, I could care less about preseason turnout. I always laugh when we get beat in the preseason, which happens quite a bit, because the opposing teams fans act like they just won a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOwhy View Post
    You got drawn once again while I am left with another bonus point

You aren't alone sir. There are so many of us. The Game and Fish dept. just likes Phil, A LOT.

Been bow hunting a few times, not too recent though. I think they smell me from a mile away. I don't see anything normally.

Anyway, besides creating a winning environment here in the Valley (which I think they have started to do pretty well), if you sell your tickets, sell them to other Cardinals fans. Unless it's preseason, I could care less about preseason turnout. I always laugh when we get beat in the preseason, which happens quite a bit, because the opposing teams fans act like they just won a playoff game.
    I'm such a die hard I cant even stomach the idea of not going to games. Luckily for me I have a 15 year old son so he usually takes a friend.. I could literally make up half the cost of my season tickets by selling the tix for Monday night against the Cowboys but I just cant do it, I didnt buy the tix for any other reason but to go...Ohh and I never expected to get drawn this year... Big time surprised.

Garbage.

Once you pay for your ticket, that is your possession. You can do anything you want with it.

ill roll it up and do lines off a Seahawks cheerleader if I want to. Its none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Garbage.

Once you pay for your ticket, that is your possession. You can do anything you want with it.

ill roll it up and do lines off a Seahawks cheerleader if I want to. Its none of your business.

Thanks for takin' a massive dump, leavin' your "growler" floatin' there for people to see, and hurrying out without using the room freshener.

*Turns on fart fan and runs from room*
    The question of Daryl Washington.