Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinals Sign QB Blaine Gabbert On a One-Year Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Agreed. People here keep ignoring that Gabbert actually has all the tools you look for in an NFL QB. He clearly didn't have the intangibles that could lift crappy teams with second rate coaching staffs. The question is does sitting him and surrounding him with solid talent and coaching change the equation. The NFL has plenty of examples of guys just like Gabbert being very high quality starters at the back end of their careers after washing out early. I'm actually excited to see a guy with real talent at the position working with our team. This guy has miles more talent than Stanton. Imagine if he was on our team in 2014 going into the Carolina playoff game.

Gabberts stats on a really bad SF team in 2015 were miles better than Stanton's stats on a totally stacked offensive team. Not that limited stats mean anything.
    The funny thing about Gabbert is many mock draft "experts" had the cards drafting him instead of PP. LOL.

Something to note from last season. Many had said that Gabbert looked much better in practice then Kap did. But come game time Gabbert would start sailing the ball (much like Palmer in the playoffs). It tells me it's more mental then anything. Yes that could be hard to overcome considering playing QB in the NFL is a lot in the head but he clearly has the physical tools and the pedigree.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I think if this happens they will have the best one/two QB combination in the NFL and probably won't find themselves in the same predicament we found ourselves in when our number one QB went down. Meanwhile I'm a wait and see on Gabbert for the same reasons I've argued before about how the right change of scene can raise a guys' game. I really think it's too soon to draw a conclusion on the guy where we are concerned. Again a reminder of how views changed on Kurt Warner between the time we acquired him and the time he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    I think if this happens they will have the best one/two QB combination in the NFL and probably won't find themselves in the same predicament we found ourselves in when our number one QB went down. Meanwhile I'm a wait and see on Gabbert for the same reasons I've argued before about how the right change of scene can raise a guys' game. I really think it's too soon to draw a conclusion on the guy where we are concerned. Again a reminder of how views changed on Kurt Warner between the time we acquired him and the time he left.
    By the same token MArk Sanchez has changed scenery multiple times and he still sucks
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    By the same token MArk Sanchez has changed scenery multiple times and he still sucks
    and if gabber still sucks the cardinals can just move on from him. no risk it but just maybe still biscuit
    Last edited by Switzerland; 05-19-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    and if gabber still sucks the cardinals can just move on from him. no risk it but just maybe still biscuit

Similar argument I made about Kap'. I would have liked to have seen the no risk it no biscuit philosophy applied to him.......

CK doesn't fit what BA is looking for in a QB. He fits a lot better in Seattle running that read option. Gabbert actually fits what BA is looking for in a QB. Now the question is can BA fix him, and does Gabbert show enough in preseason to warrant keeping him. He has more up side than Stanton. Plus the fact he is 5 or 6 years younger.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I'm not a Mark Sanchez guy, but he played for a QB killer in Ryan for far too long. Any potential he had was scarred.

However the second he got out of that hole in 2014 he performed pretty well. 64% and 88.4 in relief duty is decent. He increased his completion percentage by 10% and his average per attempt almost 1.5 yards. And that's AFTER 4 years in NY. Talent matters, but so does location. If you took those numbers into 2016 and projected for the year he would have been 15th in completion, 5th in Y/A, and 19th in rating. Average starter. Any one of his years in NY was bottom of the barrel.

Obviously the Denver HC thought he was terrible. So there's that.

Some QBs can't recover from horrible coaches. Some can. I'm hoping Gabbert can.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Similar argument I made about Kap'. I would have liked to have seen the no risk it no biscuit philosophy applied to him.......
    No doubt, he's much better than a number of starting QBs. He's been absolutely smeared.

Having said that perhaps his ask (as far as money goes) is playing a large part in him remaining unsigned? I mean Joe Mixon got drafted, and Lary Fitzgerald has been allowed to achieve an HOF career ...
    No more Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by The What? View Post
    No doubt, he's much better than a number of starting QBs. He's been absolutely smeared.

Having said that perhaps his ask (as far as money goes) is playing a large part in him remaining unsigned? I mean Joe Mixon got drafted, and Lary Fitzgerald has been allowed to achieve an HOF career ...
    It still amazes me that many on this board are still fretting over a QB that will get signed before the season starts. Just not signed by the Cardinals.

JosEPh

There is low risk financially and in the local and national fan base signing Gabbert, who also happens to fit the mold for BA's offense. He signed for just a few hundred thousand over what any other bottom contract would be.

The risk for Kaep is large in money to sign and potential locker room and fan base issues and negative attention. Plus our Oline, our receivers and our TEs are not the players you want for a scrambling QB who could never transition to being a pocket passer.