Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinals Sign QB Blaine Gabbert On a One-Year Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by whythecardinals View Post
    oh you posters are so smart.... been reading all your posts about QBOF for years... and allot of posters thought Warner was a bad idea and Sean King was the answer... and don't be fooled many posters wanted Cutler over Leinart... I'm glad I make cars for a living.... here you go smart GM wanna Be's http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ert?id=2495441 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...bbert-Missouri http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-in-2013-draft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqGsqj3oE9c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv8CTrR1Y8

I trust this organization and staff know their stuff..
    you nailed it on the head with Warner he didnt have much support when he challenged leinart a young QB for the job.
    even though the signing may turn out to be nothing, nobody here knows.

hell palmer went 9-0 got hurt followed it with a 13-3 season..

nobody here can judge qbs thats facts

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    He signed for barely over vet min, and at $855k or whatever will just replace some 650k guy towards the bottom of the 53 salaries included in the cap. So it's like a $200k cap hit, which is nothing.
    Thank you for the info. I'm really not excited about this but am trying to view this signing with a positive optimistic attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Thank you for the info. I'm really not excited about this but am trying to view this signing with a positive optimistic attitude.
    I'm looking at it as a guy who could upgrade QB2 for a longer period of time than 6 yrs older Stanton, and if he doesn't work out it's no big loss. Churning the bottom of the roster. I don't think he is our QBOF though. That still likely gets addressed with a bigger vet signing once CP retires or a rookie QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Nothing wrong with kicking the tires
    I agree. He might surprise......you just never know.

Here's a spin on it from Weinfuss:

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-car...ow-true-skills
    The question of Daryl Washington.

i got to hand it to some of y`all..you are the true optimists or never watch Blaine play..either way..Go (cough) Blaine
    The Big A era begins

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i got to hand it to some of y`all..you are the true optimists or never watch Blaine play..either way..Go (cough) Blaine
    Just acknowledging that it's a potentially low risk high reward move. Nothing wrong with kicking the tires. If he sucks, he sucks, no big loss to the Cardinals. If he shows promise in training camp and preseason he maybe beats out Stanton for the #2 QB spot and saves the Cards over $3 million in cap space while being 6 years younger. Nothing I've seen from him shows me any promise of being anything other than a journeyman backup QB, but like others have said, he hasn't really played on a real team yet. The Jaguars and 49ers have been 2 of the most awful teams in the NFL when he's played for them. Could just be that he's a garbage QB playing for garbage teams. Who knows. If what he shows for the Cards is what he's shown previously, he's out the door and nobody is worse off for it.

Default From the mouth of BA

This was taken from Az Central, he was conversing with Somers.

“When you look at some young quarterbacks, the situation they get in (determines) whether they fail or not,” Arians said.

The Jaguars drafted Gabbert 10th overall out of Missouri in 2011. He lasted three years with Jacksonville before moving on to the 49ers. In six seasons, Gabbert is 9-31 as a starter and has completed 56 percent of his pass attempts with 38 touchdowns and 37 interceptions.

But Gabbert wasn’t surrounded by much talent, and Arians remains intrigued by his potential.

“I had a very, very high grade on him (in the 2011 draft),” Arians said on Wednesday at a “media day” to promote two upcoming fundraisers for his family’s foundation. “I thought he showed a lot being in the read option last year. He almost beat us twice.”

Gabbert actually played only once against the Cardinals – in 2016. Arizona won 33-21, and Gabbert completed 18 of 31 passes for 162 yards, one touchdown with two interceptions. He rushed for 70 yards and a touchdown

Arians believes Gabbert could be productive behind a good offensive line and better receivers.

“When you look at the receivers he’s played with – I’m not knocking them in any way – they can’t touch ours,” Arians said. “He would have never played with the kind of receivers he would have here. And he fits our system.”
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Channel 15 right now.."the guy that is going to replace CP is here".."The NEXT Kurt Warner"..you can`t make this stuff up
    The Big A era begins

But, just what if you get a player who with the right coaching, system and environment can actually live up to his draft hype and status?

If BA can coach up BG we have a heckuva QB that's only 27 years old and he is very mobile and athletic!
    Last edited by AZCards; 05-11-2017 at 01:16 AM.