Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Arizona Cardinals Sign QB Blaine Gabbert On a One-Year Deal.

I really think Gabbert and his situation/lack of development compares favorably to Alex Smith.

High draft pick by a poorly run organization (at the time), lots of really nice tools and athleticism, system in college did not prepare him for the pros, went through numerous OC's and HC's...If Alex Smith can turn it around and develop into a solid pro, there is no reason the Gabbert cannot as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    I really think Gabbert and his situation/lack of development compares favorably to Alex Smith.

High draft pick by a poorly run organization (at the time), lots of really nice tools and athleticism, system in college did not prepare him for the pros, went through numerous OC's and HC's...If Alex Smith can turn it around and develop into a solid pro, there is no reason the Gabbert cannot as well...
    ET, welcome aboard from Yo-ko-su-ka, Japan. Been there, done that w/ CTF-70 1999-2001.

I share your optimism on Gabbert's potential to succeed in the Cardinals better stocked and run NFL franchise. He's in an ideal situation now.

Gabbert has been signed by the Cards to audition and show what he's got.

The pressure is on him to perform in camp and in preseason games to earn a roster spot. Every single move on the practice field and in the games will be minced and dissected by the coaching staff.

All the fan adulation, all the imagination, all the previous stats, all the criticism, all the QB comparisons and all the suspicion around his stat sheet don't really amount to anything now that Gabbert is on the roster and will have opportunity to perform.

Best of luck to him and all the athletes on the roster as they work to continue their professional NFL career and best of luck to BASK as they work to gather the best roster possible. (And best of luck to all us powerless fans who want our Cards to succeed.)

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    ET, welcome aboard from Yo-ko-su-ka, Japan. Been there, done that w/ CTF-70 1999-2001.

I share your optimism on Gabbert's potential to succeed in the Cardinals better stocked and run NFL franchise. He's in an ideal situation now.
    Thank you PUTMEIN, our logical thinking must be due to surviving a couple of late nights in the Honch...

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Thank you PUTMEIN, our logical thinking must be due to surviving a couple of late nights in the Honch...
    What happened at the Honch mostly stayed at the Honch back then. The Missus was a great battle buddy back then too.

Gabbert will do well in the Cardinals org. I'm patient.

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Believe it or not, hammer, I have better things to do than spend all my time proving statements to you on msg boards. I could care less whether you believe me or not. It's out there, and if it's important to you go look yourself. As for Donald and the Rams, LOOK at the respective records of Gabbert and Kap against them since Donald joined the team. It's there in black and white, no pun intended. As for Tebow, he took over a team that had gone 4-14 under Kyle Orton in a season plus and turned that around to 7-4 and a playoff win. Krap took over a team that had gone 20-4 under Alex Smith the previous season plus and went 5-2 down the stretch. The whole world was amazed by Tebow's first year as a starter, the only thing remarkable about Krap's was the fact that the team didn't get much worse after Smith was hurt. Slightly, but not much. Alex was 7-2 to start, I think, and he had better passing numbers than Krap that year. So, yeah, I have no problem saying that Tim had a better first year as a starter. There was a world of difference in talent on the two teams, and Elway was trying to tank when he put Tebow in, (He traded Brandon Lloyd the top receiver the same day, with Decker and Thomas both injured). 9ers were a powerhouse team and one of the favorites to win SB that year. They had no key injuries or players lost. Also Krap didn't "take a knee" he sat on his sorry *** looking beligerant for half a dozen games before someone told him it wasn't the best look. It took til the fourth exhibition game and a heads up to some bimbo internet reporter before anyone even thought it was interesting in any way. The team was so used to Krap being a jerk, they just went on with business. He was also publicly denigrating Trent Baalke at the time and making no effort to get into playing condition. He barely weighed 200 pounds and looked like some guy you`d give change to on the street corner when he showed up in camp.

I simply asked you to share where you were getting your information from regarding what you said about the various coaches, and also to show different stats than I did regarding Tebow vs. Kap based on what you said. If you really took the time to research it then it takes even less time to point to it. Sorry if that put you in an unwanted position because that wasn't the intent. I guess ranting, accusations and empty claims take less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    I simply asked you to share where you were getting your information from regarding what you said about the various coaches, and also to show different stats than I did regarding Tebow vs. Kap based on what you said. If you really took the time to research it then it takes even less time to point to it. Sorry if that put you in an unwanted position because that wasn't the intent. I guess ranting, accusations and empty claims take less time.
    Who needs legitimate sources and research when the vivid imagination of a fiction novelist will do?

I simply said look it up yourself. Or find contrary evidence. Have the QBs I mentioned had injury problems lately? Has the Squatter had a few of his own?
    And I did both. One was contrary evidence regarding Tebow vs. Kap' and the other assertion about coaches I don't see evidence of. That;s why regarding the latter I asked you to point me to so that I could read it myself because I found it interesting like I said and wanted to read it. What's ironic is that while talking about not wanting to spend too much time, your last rant took more time and thought than a simple cut and paste link. I always assume an honest discussion is taking place here until I'm shown otherwise.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 07-05-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Who needs legitimate sources and research when the vivid imagination of a fiction novelist will do?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/i...quicker-072616

https://apnews.com/3be8c7c56d574aabb...et-it-benjamin

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-sea...cker-than-ever

There are a ton more, and these aren't the best examples.

This is the last time I'm responding to you. It's like explaining a technical glitch to an automated voice answering system. You either get taken off on wild tangents or get stuck in a dead end feeback loop repeating the same things over and over again.
    Here is what you said exactly: The coaches of Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson are all telling them to change their games to get rid of the ball quicker, because they're getting the crap beat out of them. You're suggesting the Cards need a guy to do what their coaches are trying to cure them of.

What I'm reading here according to the articles you shared (and thank you by the way) is coming from the QB's themselves not the coaches, self criticism if you will.......one of the coaches saying he's the quarterback he'll fix it and Cam's coach even going so far as to say "if Cam says he's going to do something then he will". And that's fine no argument there about getting rid of the ball quicker, you just defined it as coming from the coaches as though they are advising that those guys shouldn't scramble so much in response to my reference to CK's attribute. Getting rid of the ball quicker, as your link shows, isn't just about a QB scrambling. Wilson for example needs to get rid of the ball quicker because of a poor offensive line. And if I recall correctly while responding here, with Luck it was in part his feeling the need to make quicker reads. You really seem to always try and define things according to your own personal view. But anyway.....I'll respect your decision. Nice trying to communicate and see ya' later. We both wanna see the Cardinals win and ultimately that's what counts here. Peace out rob'.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 07-05-2017 at 07:32 PM.