Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Daryl Washington released

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Sorry but I have to laugh at people getting worked up over a local media hack. If he's got you and others worked up then that's job security for him. I recommend to all that they stop listening to people telling them what to think. In the midst of the kicking game fiasco last year I tuned into a Keim interview by Wolfley. Keim glossed over the dumpster fire in progress with a non-answer to a Wolfley question and the big goof just moved right on, and my non-faith in the local media was reinforced. Maybe I'll give it another shot in 10 years, assuming I'm still kicking.
    I wouldn't say worked up.I never listen to the guy only when other stations are during commercial break basically.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Reddick better be really good, quickly.

We just did Dwash a huge favor, which he never did for the team. With over $12M in cap space, I'd rather him not show up or ride the pine all year than join a competitor. At least see what game he still has. Now we have a 36 year old and a slightly above average undersized ILB duo. Pressure just increased tenfold on Reddick.
    Rob Housler (Florida Atlantic) over Justin Houston (Georgia)

I think the intelligent football move wouldve been to keep him.

However theres no point in dragging this out. Hes gone.

Why are all these replies about how great dwash was or about him and his girlfriend? There is a very simple explanation for this. If you had a player who went and got high every time he gets paid, how do you convince yourself he won't do it again? Not to mention that dwash is toxic. I am sure he will play great for who ever he plays for, but for how long? Even if he finishes his career out some where, if you were Michael Bidwell with everything that has happened would you want him on your team? A man who has already screwed you over multiple times. Someone will give him a chance, I believe he deserves a chance but his chances in Arizona are used up. Move on and stop crying.

The other side of the coin could simply be that DWash was asked to take a cut in pay and he just said no.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I really thought they would at least give him a shot in training camp.

I guess he definitely was that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Boy -- I read BA's comments incorrectly this AM. Though I do agree with Doug and Wolf that the ball was in D'Wash court after the meeting on Monday and my feeling is SK gave him the contract parameters (incentive - laden) and D'Wash talked with his agent who nixed the $$. Part of the MB protocol was to accept the contract terms (since MB is still stinging about paying him $10M and he tested positive 2 weeks later) or he would be released.

If we find out that MB just didn't want him around even under minimum salary with incentives then I think the Cards organization is being very short - sighted.

Now of course my biggest fear is D'Wash can still run a 4.56 40 and will sign with a NFC conference team with SB aspirations -- Seattle - Atlanta - Dallas - GB - Giants - Eagles - Panthers
    Doubt very much the contract parameters were discussed in this initial meeting. It simply wasn't the purpose. The Cards had to first and foremost decide whether they were comfortable with the return of the man. If so, then $$$ is the subject on the table in stage 2. They simply, for a host of reasons, decided not keep him in their plans.

As said, numerous times - this was a simple 'in' or 'out ' decision.

And he ran 4.66 at the Combine.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Mike Bidwill is a former prosecutor so he's heard his fill of nonsense. My gut tells me he heard or didn't hear a few things in his fireside chat with Washington.

Anyway, it's over. Thank goodness.
    Prosecutors have been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    The other side of the coin could simply be that DWash was asked to take a cut in pay and he just said no.
    It would be quite unprofessional to do this without his agent present.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    It would be quite unprofessional to do this without his agent present.
    Even if DWash agreed to the meeting without stipulations?
    Still searching for our QBOF.