Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will Palmer be back in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by 1988CARD View Post
    Funny, I never view extra cap money as a great thing in the NFL. It's good to sign your own guys, but you never get good value in FA. I'd rather have good draft picks to get good, young, cheap talent. I get way more excited about that than having FA dollars to burn.
    Keim is quite judicious with the $$$ usually. I have to admit I liked the acquisition of Iupati and Rucker. Seems like Iupati has had his share of health issues lately though.

Dansby was WAY worth his previous FA contract, see what happens this year...
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Keim is quite judicious with the $$$ usually. I have to admit I liked the acquisition of Iupati and Rucker. Seems like Iupati has had his share of health issues lately though.

Dansby was WAY worth his previous FA contract, see what happens this year...
    Iupati is the extent of Keim "splurging", which is fine and tame compared to what a team like Jacksonville did this year. I don't mind one key FA, or smart, cheap adds like Los, or CJ2k, or Rucker, or Freeney, or Abraham. That's not what I'm talking about. those guys are valuable, cheap, and short term. I'm not excited about having 40m-50m to spend in one offseason. That never works out well.

Iupati is the extent of Keim "splurging", which is fine and tame compared to what a team like Jacksonville did this year. I don't mind one key FA, or smart, cheap adds like Los, or CJ2k, or Rucker, or Freeney, or Abraham. That's not what I'm talking about. those guys are valuable, cheap, and short term. I'm not excited about having 40m-50m to spend in one offseason. That never works out well.
    Two sides to that coin. having a ton of money will make upcoming extensions for DJohnson, Bucannon, and Golden go more smoothly, in theory.

I guess my point is we haven't ever seen the way Keim would handle it. I don't see him just acting like a kid in a candy store at all.

Throw in what WV mentions and not really knowing the plans of CP/Fitz and others and it could be rather exciting and enjoyable.
    The question of Daryl Washington.