Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL experts predict the Cardinals to be 8-8 or 10-6 ?

Vegas set the bar when it comes to picks because they can get fired when they get it wrong. They need hit the middle and draw bets on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Vegas set the bar when it comes to picks because they can get fired when they get it wrong. They need hit the middle and draw bets on both sides.
    The Cards this season will sweep the Rams and 9ers and split w/ the Seahawgs at least. That's 5 wins in the division alone. JUST beating the Titans and Jags AT HOME would bring it up to 7.

Anybody that doesn't think the Cardinals can win at LEAST 3 of those other EIGHT GAMES? Is seriously deluded. They're NOT gonna lose every away game.

The way I see it, they will more likely win half of those other 8 games. I see winning 11 as more likely than 7 or 8.

When the Cardinals play Dallas, Dallas will be favored or odds even IN ARIZONA. That's because the ignorant betting public will never fall out of love with Dallas.

But when was the last time Dallas beat Az? Those poor people betting on Dallas to beat the spread are gonna be singin' the blues.
    Last edited by CardCore; 05-17-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

The point made by 'Raze' is spot on. I, too, consider us having a less challenging schedule than the Seahawks. They must play the top NFC teams while we face the 2nd place teams. We play Dallas and the Giants at home while they face them on the road. Don't you fans see this as significatnt?

It is a big season for us, for sure. Opening up with consecutive road games is challenging but they're against winnable opponents. Yes, the London trip is disruptive but staying focused should see us beat the Rams. I see our biggest tests on MNF hosting the Cowboys, the short turn-around in hosting Seattle on TNF and the Christmas Eve hosting of the Giants. Note that all three tough contests are at home! Lost Wages, blah...

It's easy to be optimistic at this time of the year, but I see us winning at least one more game than Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    They said we were winning the SB last year..so i`ll take it as a + they are predicting a 7 win season this year..Cards do better from the Underdog role IMO
    Let's see where Sports Illustrated puts the Cardinals. In 2015 the geniuses had the Cardinals going 5-11 and they went 13-3. Of course then came last year when anyone with a media credential couldn't stop slobbering over the Cardinals and they delivered the 7-8-1 stinker.

The only real conclusion to reach is that the people who prognosticate on such matters are essentially clueless. Hopefully that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    The Cards this season will sweep the Rams and 9ers and split w/ the Seahawgs at least. That's 5 wins in the division alone. JUST beating the Titans and Jags AT HOME would bring it up to 7.

Anybody that doesn't think the Cardinals can win at LEAST 3 of those other EIGHT GAMES? Is seriously deluded. They're NOT gonna lose every away game.

The way I see it, they will more likely win half of those other 8 games. I see winning 11 as more likely than 7 or 8.

When the Cardinals play Dallas, Dallas will be favored or odds even IN ARIZONA. That's because the ignorant betting public will never fall out of love with Dallas.

But when was the last time Dallas beat Az? Those poor people betting on Dallas to beat the spread are gonna be singin' the blues.
    Rams play the Cards tough. New coach with an upgrade in defensive coordinator

Rams play the Cards tough. New coach with an upgrade in defensive coordinator
    With Goff? Get a clue.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

With Goff? Get a clue.
    You don't think he will improve? You don't think Wade is a good coach? I think you are the one who needs a clue

With Goff? Get a clue.
    monsterike is just mad that his Cowboys have to play a real schedule this year. He is venting and displacing blame. You should just leave him alone.

You don't think he will improve? You don't think Wade is a good coach? I think you are the one who needs a clue
    Can't say if goff will improve in a New system his 1st year with it. Nor will the Rams D under Phillips for at least the 1st 1/3 of the season. While I detested DC G. Williams and his "methods" he did produce a stout D for the Rams, dirty for sure but stout as well. Phillips is very good but it's the players who will have to adapt to new ways.

They won't be world beaters out of the gate.

JosEPh

He certainly didn't improve during the season last year. Didn't play until Week 11, so had time to at least learn the playbook somewhat. Week 11-13 he had 4 TDs and 509 yards. Week 14 he had a terrible game but it was against the Super Bowl Falcons, so we'll let that slide. But the terrible got worse Week 15-17 where he had 345 total yards (in three games!!) and 1 TD, 3 fumbles, 15 sacks and an INT. All three final games against the NFC West foes. He even lost to SF. He went 0-7...no where to go but up I guess.