Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL experts predict the Cardinals to be 8-8 or 10-6 ?

I want the Cardinals to make the playoffs and contend but also don't want to be drafting too high if we don't make/win the Superbowl. The amount of capital to trade up to get our QBOTF would be enormous as oppose to the 10-20 range. I really don't know what I want this season with the uncertainty at QB in the future.
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 05-17-2017 at 09:31 PM.

The over/under in Las Vegas for the Cardinals is 8 . . . (-130) . . . time to put some serious $$$ on the over.
    Go Cards . . .

I agree...Lost Wages is pitching a softball here. Compared to the Seahawks schedule our Cardinals have an easier path to winning the division and I can envision eleven wins, 4-5 in division, 3-4 of the AFC South games and T.B., Washington, Dallas and Detroit.

The team will get off the canvas this year and storm back into the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Card View Post
    The over/under in Las Vegas for the Cardinals is 8 . . . (-130) . . . time to put some serious $$$ on the over.
    Go Cards . . .
    Minus 130 on both sides?

Realistically I cab see this team winding up anywhere between 6 and 10 to 12 and 4. This team has a lot of questions that need to be answered. Both on offense and defense.

Offensive starts with Palmer. Just how good is he going to be this year ? I don't see another 2015 season in him at his age. More like 2016 with maybe a little nore regression.
    RB is ok providing DJ stays healthy all year.
    WR have their own questions. Will Smoke be able to be healthy all year all year. How much can we expect from Jaron Brown. How quick does the new draft pick start contributing.
    O line has it's share of questions. How does the swapping of OT from right to left help. Can Valdeer become a RT. Will Boehn be the RG or beat Shipley out for center. Who plays RG. Does Iupiti and Valdeer have another pro bowl type of year in them. Can Hump play a full season like he did after he was switched to LT.
    Lot of question marks on the offensive side. It all starts with Palmer and what he has left in the tank.

I don't look for the defense to be near what it was last year. We lost 5 starters from that D, and only one of those starters was average. All the rest were pretty good.
    D line lost CC. Who fills that production. Can Nkimdiche step it up and fill a good portion of that. Does Gunter take another step and become a dominate force with his quicks.
    ILB. We lost Minter. He wasn't a star but he was serviceable. How much does Dansby still have left in the tank. Will Buck's ankle allow him to play like he has in the past. How much does our 1st rounder contribute this year. Did they hit a home run with him, or is he just a little bit better version of Minter.
    OLB. Will Jones and Golden bring the same results as last year ? Especially Golden. Who are their back up and can they produce.
    Secondary. All except PP will be new guys back there. We lost a lot at the safety position. I don't see it being near as good as last year. Who starts opposite PP. Can they be better than the guy from last year.
    Now if the D comes together and can play in the top 8 or 9 then we have a chance at a good record and the play offs. If not and Palmer regresses some more then we will be picking at 13 or higher in the 18 draft.

Go Cards . . .
    Recommend hold onto the family purse until you know how many new faces are on the final roster. Also, the more rookies on the roster, the higher risk of not coming close to .500. 4-12 is worst case. Assumes no Carson Palmer after game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Realistically I cab see this team winding up anywhere between 6 and 10 to 12 and 4. This team has a lot of questions that need to be answered. Both on offense and defense.

Offensive starts with Palmer. Just how good is he going to be this year ? I don't see another 2015 season in him at his age. More like 2016 with maybe a little nore regression.
    WR have their own questions. Will Smoke be able to be healthy all year all year. How much can we expect from Jaron Brown. How quick does the new draft pick start contributing.
    O line has it's share of questions. How does the swapping of OT from right to left help. Can Valdeer become a RT. Will Boehn be the RG or beat Shipley out for center. Who plays RG. Does Iupiti and Valdeer have another pro bowl type of year in them. Can Hump play a full season like he did after he was switched to LT.
    Lot of question marks on the offensive side. It all starts with Palmer and what he has left in the tank.

I don't look for the defense to be near what it was last year. We lost 5 starters from that D, and only one of those starters was average. All the rest were pretty good.
    D line lost CC. Who fills that production. Can Nkimdiche step it up and fill a good portion of that. Does Gunter take another step and become a dominate force with his quicks.
    ILB. We lost Minter. He wasn't a star but he was serviceable. How much does Dansby still have left in the tank. Will Buck's ankle allow him to play like he has in the past. How much does our 1st rounder contribute this year. Did they hit a home run with him, or is he just a little bit better version of Minter.
    OLB. Will Jones and Golden bring the same results as last year ? Especially Golden. Who are their back up and can they produce.
    Secondary. All except PP will be new guys back there. We lost a lot at the safety position. I don't see it being near as good as last year. Who starts opposite PP. Can they be better than the guy from last year.
    Now if the D comes together and can play in the top 8 or 9 then we have a chance at a good record and the play offs. If not and Palmer regresses some more then we will be picking at 13 or higher in the 18 draft.
    I think your analysis is spot on. You mentioned about every concern I have.

A lot of things need to pan out. I'm very hopeful they will, and if they do, we will certainly make the playoffs and maybe beyond. If a few of these things don't, that will be cause for concern.

About the only thing you left out is BA and the coaching staff in general. Was last year just a blip, or a warning sign?

I hoping it was just a blip and BA gets back to his winning ways.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Go Cards . . .
    Don`t do it
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post

Good stuff, not much I'd disagree with. I'm not worried about Golden/Jones as OLBs but am worried they will be affected by Olinemen not having to focus or help as much with CC. Losing Campbell could have big repercussions. Also not happy we don't have a clear CB2 we know we can be comfortable with. Don't like not having Buc healthy already but I think Dansby and the rookie improve our ILB corps more then losing Minter hurts. I like Bethea too, and hopefully HB is the healthy version again.

The Oline is all that concerns me on offense. Lots of switching around in an area where continuity is generally a benefit. Wish we had a plodder brick house RB to kill clock and save DJ, but BA probably wouldn't use him if we did :p

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Minus 130 on both sides?
    no just the over . . . even on the under . .