Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: End of the BA ERA

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    What can you say CardCore? Some ppl are naturally pessimistic. And if you've been a Cardinal fan since '68 your not in that boat.

    JosEPh
    For the most part I've been in heaven for the last 4 years Cardinal-wise. I see last season as a hiccup.
    Have you ever heard of "blame throwers" and blame catchers"? It's a psychological nuance associated with the way you were raised among other things.
    Some people HAVE to attach blame to somebody when things don't work out. There, likewise, are those that are so used to being blamed for things that psychologically, they don't realize they are a "blame catcher", but are happy enough in a marriage that even though their spouse "blame thrower" constantly blames them for every little thing, the relationship works and they're both happy.

    There are blame throwers here that just never stop. The problem is since BA, Keim or Amos Jones aren't good "blame catchers", responding and apologizing for their perceived errors and promising to never do it again, it's never ending.

    I get it. In your opinion the guy screwed up. But do we all have to go through it over and over and over and over and over and over....

    Now watch me get banned again for complaining about it.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Now watch me get banned again for complaining about it.
    You got banned for complaining?!!! Yet we have posters who defame, call names, and slander other posters "cause it's their opinion and this is an opinion board" so they have the right to do so!!! And Don't Ever forget it either cause they sure won't. smh

    JosEPh

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Isn't Arians under contract until 2019? If anything he will retire then.. don't get why Peaple want him to retire. He s great coach, 10-6 the first year, got us to the play-offs with a backup qb, coach of the year, contract extensions, and y'all want him to retire!!lol. Who would you prefer, chip kelly? One of the Ryan brothers, and they fatter than bruce! Sure he's made some bone head moves and comments..but I'm not ready to run him out of town yet....or at all!!
    It's all just offseason speculation, but Arians burned up a ton of credibility after last year and he made no moves on his coaching staff where it mattered so to the extent there was an belief otherwise he owns it. I don't want him to retire, I want him to deliver the results he promises. After last year the honeymoon is over. It's all down to the numbers now, cool hats and cool uncle persona notwithstanding.

    Suffice to say if this team puts up a 7-9 or 8-8 it won't be all happiness around here and I'd bet dollars to donuts the same in Mike Bidwill's office. The pressure is intense, which is a good thing.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    It's all just offseason speculation, but Arians burned up a ton of credibility after last year and he made no moves on his coaching staff where it mattered so to the extent there was an belief otherwise he owns it. I don't want him to retire, I want him to deliver the results he promises. After last year the honeymoon is over. It's all down to the numbers now, cool hats and cool uncle persona notwithstanding.

    Suffice to say if this team puts up a 7-9 or 8-8 it won't be all happiness around here and I'd bet dollars to donuts the same in Mike Bidwill's office. The pressure is intense, which is a good thing.
    He didn't fire Amos and I didn't expect him to after working with the guy since the 1980s. But now that we've changed K, P, long snapper, have Bethel back healthy, and picked up 5 draft picks who should be coverage special teams contributors and 3 with KR and PR experience, if we don't see an improvement from being bottom third in special teams that we've seen the last three years, there had better be a short leash.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Yeah last year was a real bummer, but wouldn't say he is on the hot seat this year because of it. If BA were let go he will get scooped up really fast by another team. Not many coaches can turn a team around like he has for the cards. So why would we. Fire him or let him go , because of last season? Haha good thing y'all ain't gms because those who.want Bruce gone would be gone themselves! Let see how this year goes to determine whether BA should be gone. Till then, GO CARDS, great job BA and way to pick the players Steve keim!!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    He didn't fire Amos and I didn't expect him to after working with the guy since the 1980s. But now that we've changed K, P, long snapper, have Bethel back healthy, and picked up 5 draft picks who should be coverage special teams contributors and 3 with KR and PR experience, if we don't see an improvement from being bottom third in special teams that we've seen the last three years, there had better be a short leash.
    You're really starting to worry me DH. Are you drinking from the debbie downer cup now too?

    Those that already do are always trying to pass it around as something other than it really is, beware the blight that blinds.

    JosEPh

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    He didn't fire Amos and I didn't expect him to after working with the guy since the 1980s. But now that we've changed K, P, long snapper, have Bethel back healthy, and picked up 5 draft picks who should be coverage special teams contributors and 3 with KR and PR experience, if we don't see an improvement from being bottom third in special teams that we've seen the last three years, there had better be a short leash.
    Yep. By not canning Jones, Arians implicitly (if not explicitly with his periodic public knocking of players) stated that the kicking game fiasco was 100% a talent problem. With the moves you mentioned there will be no more mystery surrounding the situation. Can't wait until September to see how it all works out. I'd love to be wrong about Jones.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    You're really starting to worry me DH. Are you drinking from the debbie downer cup now too?

    Those that already do are always trying to pass it around as something other than it really is, beware the blight that blinds.

    JosEPh
    Oh I'm still a Cardinals board optimist but that doesn't mean calling out issues where I see them.

    I won't stop complaining about our lack of a short yardage back and using the run game to clock manage. About throwing end zone fades to short fast guys. About 4 years of embarrassing special teams play. About Keim sometimes being that guy on your fantasy team who falls in love with some prospect and taking him three rounds early, of Arians' loyalty (a good thing) sometimes going to far and biting him in the butt (Butler, Amos, his alma mater QB Logan Thomas). It's nit-picking and I love the BASK era but I'll still call em as I see em. You only have 16 regular season games, and if that nit-picking could lead to one extra win it's important. Special teams was a huge one last year. With better special teams I believe we go to the playoffs in 2016.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    If not for the Cards lucking into Palmer (one of the greatest one-sided trades in NFL history), BA would already be gone. Of course, never know what might have changed had we not traded for Palmer---would Cards selected someone like Derek Carr in search of a QB?

    For the sake of discussion, assume Cards went with Stanton as our starter.

    I don't see Stanton as rising above .500. Don't forget that until Palmer arrived, Stanton was going to be the starter with BA blowing smoke that Stanton could lead us to a ring.

    With a string of .500 seasons topped by last year's stinker, MB and SK would have no choice but to move on from BA.

    Fans and BA both need to count your blessings that CP was discarded by the Raiders and the Cards were able to trade for him.
    Last edited by Canyonram; 05-21-2017 at 01:01 PM. Reason: speeling ear

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    If not for the Cards lucking into Palmer (one of the greatest one-sided trades in NFL history), BA would already be gone. Of course, never know what might have changed had we not traded for Palmer---would Cards selected someone like Derek Carr in search of a QB?

    For the sake of discussion, assume Cards went with Stanton as our starter.

    I don't see Stanton as rising above .500. Don't forget that until Palmer arrived, Stanton was going to be the starter with BA blowing smoke that Stanton could lead us to a ring.

    With a string of .500 seasons topped by last year's stinker, MB and SK would have no choice but to move on from BA.

    Fans and BA both need to count your blessings that CP was discarded by the Raiders and the Cards were able to trade for him.
    We do count our blessings.

    As to Stanton, the only thing we know is that he's gone 6-3 as a backup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •