Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long for Fitz?

Default How long for Fitz?

Fitz is #9 all time in receiving yards.

With a 1,000 yard year in 2017, Fitz can jump to #3 on the list behind only Rice and Owens. He would be less than 600 yards for #2.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...yds_career.htm

(1) Will Fitz play until he gets #2?

(2) Is Rice's record too far out of reach? We all know the drive that keeps LF going.

(3) What a shame that his peak years as an athlete included years without a NFL-caliber QB.

Rice's record will not be passed by Fitz.

Fitz has a good chance at being #3 by the end of this year. If he decides to play next year, I think he will solidify the #2 spot and be a 1st ballot HoF if he isn't already. Would really like him to get a ring this year so he doesn't have to feel like he's chasing, and then go for the #2 spot next year and helping out the new Cardinal transition.
    Last edited by Zalixar; 05-16-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Fitz is #9 all time in receiving yards.

With a 1,000 yard year in 2017, Fitz can jump to #3 on the list behind only Rice and Owens. He would be less than 600 yards for #2.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...yds_career.htm

(1) Will Fitz play until he gets #2?

(2) Is Rice's record too far out of reach? We all know the drive that keeps LF going.

(3) What a shame that his peak years as an athlete included years without a NFL-caliber QB.

It was a shame during his early years there was no Joe Montana or Steve Young.

Fitz has spoken before that Rice's record is not a goal for him. I believe a SB RING IS.

I defended Fitz last year on this board as did others when some members thought he was done. What a joke
    that turned out to be. He can play as long as he is competitive.

There was a moment in "All or Nothing" when Fitz mentions closing in on one of Rice's records...I believe it was Pro Bowls. He cares about those things. A Super Bowl ring for sure, more than anything. But a lot of things drive him.

I'm not one who thinks BA will automatically retire if guys like Fitz and CP do. I think he might if health or family drive him to, like Palmer. But I don't know what a guy like BA would do without being able to coach football.

Palmer is an old football player but a young man. He will find other things to do like all pro players.

Fitz...I think he keeps playing. I'm not sure it would be here though. His contract is up, and I wouldn't blame him for chasing a ring. I hate that Floyd got one with the Pats. I will be sick if DWash does with someone. I'd be ecstatic for Larry no matter where it was. It would be perfect if it was with us.

He is still playing at a high level to call it quits. I'd say he gots 2 or 3 years left unless he gets injured. Geez how different would the cards be without fitz?

He is a free agent after this year. I think he has 4 options at the end of the year. Retire, Cardinals, Patriots for a chance at the ring, or go home to the Vikings.

First ballot HOF. I think he took a beating last year and although his numbers were great, he paid for it with his body. Hopefully this year Brown and Brown are healthy and the rookie opens more of the field. He's asked to do a lot of blocking and catch a lot of passes over the middle and in traffic. Personally I would like to see him get out healthy. Hopefully this is it for him.

If he is performing at the level at which he has grown accustomed, and the Cards are winning, I would not rule out an extension to further dilute the dead money and pay Fitz a reasonable salary in 2018. Especially if Fitz gets the vibe that Palmer is not ready to hang it up.

That is a valid point, WVcarsFan. It is team, player and fan friendly. Larry Fitzgerald is as accomplished as a Cardinal player as any of the 'greats' in franchise history. The production and longevity of Jim Bakken and Jim Hart, the toughness and position pioneering of Jackie Smith and Larry Wilson, the uniqueness and fan excitedness of Roy Green and Jake Plummer, and the professionalism and domination of Dan Dierdorf and Aeneas Williams are easily seen in how Larry Fitzgerald has played his career, all in the Valley.

Where he exceeds those Champions' legacy is his dedicated and generous efforts in the community. This very young and reserved high draft pick has grown into an NFL player of priceless sincerity and believability in the areas of leadership and accountability. As a fan I can only imagine how he is looked upon in the lockerroom and by ownership.

Besides my already seeing him as the Cardinals' franchise all-time greatest player because as an old-school fan from Chicago days the comparisons of the above named players and their attributes are easy; I feel confident Larry Fitzgerald will stand No.2 in receptions, 3rd or 4th in yards and maybe 7th in TD catches upon his leaving the game. I would not be surprised, also, if he will have another SB game played to boot.

He's 200 catches behind Gonzalez who's #2...

He'd likely have to play into a third season to beat that number.

As a slot receiver his average per catch has dropped to slightly below 10 yards.

If we give him 10, for the sake of argument, that's 2000 yards, which would bring him up to #2 in yards.

Doubt that FITZ will go on-and-on simply to catch the GOAT.