Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucannon out?

Has DWash signed anywhere yet? I don't think we would go after him, I'm just curious.

Instead of next man up.. How about seeing what you got first before just letting it go

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Remind me again the list of teams that ran to Washington's agent to sign him the moment Arizona let such a coveted player go?

I'll hang up and listen.......
    None of them should even had that option.. at least not until the final cuts were made come this August.. Hell they might have had the trade option still available after some other organizations around the league got to see DWash perform in the pre season

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFan1212 View Post
    None of them should even had that option.. at least not until the final cuts were made come this August.. Hell they might have had the trade option still available after some other organizations around the league got to see DWash perform in the pre season
    It would have been tremendously foolish and irresponsible to allow him on the field without a contract on which both sides had agreed.

The first step was coming to terms. Once Washington turned down the offer, it was cut time.

And if his services were so sought after, it can be reasonably assumed that SOME team would have signed him within the week.

Wonder if Keim will resign Sio Moore...

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    A responsible, likely low-cost signing that would make sense given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Probably won't know for a few weeks yet.

This did happen though: 05/17/2017 Cardinals sign LB MIKEY BART. Rookie from UNC, "Played 100% at DE at UNC".

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 05-17-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Is this not a head scratcher for anyone else? Let's wait til middle of May to get this fixed? I am not sure of all of the details but it just seems poorly handled to now decide to have ankle surgery and miss the first part of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasteechef View Post
    Is this not a head scratcher for anyone else? Let's wait til middle of May to get this fixed? I am not sure of all of the details but it just seems poorly handled to now decide to have ankle surgery and miss the first part of the season.
    http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...d-23a05ff6e920

This article spells it put on the whys and wherefores. Buc's decision to try to rehab route. Didn't work out, so now he elected for the surgery. No "poorly handled" anything from the Team, but Buc's own chosen choices.

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 05-17-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Next man up! It ain't that difficult.
    I really hope we can retire that phrase this year. A few years ago we next man upped ourselves out of the playoffs.