Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gut feeling who the cardinals may pursue for Qb after Palmer

Default Gut feeling who the cardinals may pursue for Qb after Palmer

Some will think this is nuts but I think this could be the guy to replace Palmer until they get a young Qb ready.

Here it goes, I think it will be Alex Smith am I nuts or do you think this move makes sense ?
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 05-19-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: mistake on title of thread

I don't think it's very likely. Smith doesn't fit BA style of offense. He is more of a west coast guy. Plus the fact he is or will be 34 soon. Truthfully I think BA is hoping beyond hope that Gabbert shows enough. He has the arm for BA's offense. Now the question is can BA turn him into a viable QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Some will think this is nuts but I think this could be the guy to replace Palmer until they get a young Qb ready.

Here it goes, I think it will be Alex Smith am I nuts or do you think this move makes sense ?
    I think I'd make an appointment to get your "gut" checked out. (lol)

Smith is a dink and dunk QB who can't throw outside the numbers.

A couple of seasons ago, he had the dubious distinction of not throwing one TD to a wideout.

Alex Smith? Disgusting. Just trade the farm for a guy you feel confident in. I want to see Keim be aggressive in his QB search like he was for Budda Baker.
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 05-19-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Tough call, but I don't think it would be Smith for the same reason I didn't see Kaep here...bad fit.

Stafford would be awesome but probably stays in Detroit. Almost no chance he's available.

I like Cousins a lot but if by some chance he's available I expect he's going to be a 49er.

Bradford would be ok in BAs system but if Bridgewater isn't fixed he stays in Minn.

I liked Bortles and he may be available but he also may be damaged as an NFL QB. Can he be "fixed"?

My dream is Carr and Oakland have a horrible falling out and we get yet another legit QB from the Raiders. Zero chance of that but hey it's a dream.

I think if Carson retires we have money and tons of draft pick equity, so at least have flexibility to go after a vet or a high QB pick. Can also trade future picks or solid players who are getting "older" and who we have young replacements in line behind, like Veldheer or Iupati.

Sorry, but I can't see captain check-down and Arians coexisting. Arians has had his most success when he has a big QB with big arm who will stand in the pocket and deliver the 6-10 deep balls Arians calls each game. Arians would call those plays, Alex would stand in the pocket for an hour and a half, declining to take the deep shot, and then dump it off to a RB. That would make Arians lose his mind.

Also, Smith isn't that much younger than Palmer, and he has his own lengthy injury history. He's not a QBOF.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Alex Smith? Disgusting. Just trade the farm for a guy you feel confident in. I want to see Keim be aggressive in his QB search like he was for Budda Baker.
    I would rather see this happen but I do think they want to be competitive and they can with a guy like smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    I think I'd make an appointment to get your "gut" checked out. (lol)

Smith is a dink and dunk QB who can't throw outside the numbers.

A couple of seasons ago, he had the dubious distinction of not throwing one TD to a wideout.
    The guy in my opinion can keep the cardinals competitive and there is no guarantee BA will be around after this season. He don't have to fit BA's offense perfectly there is not many out there that do.

If you can run the ball which we can we can also throw the ball with smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawks4ever View Post
    Sorry, but I can't see captain check-down and Arians coexisting. Arians has had his most success when he has a big QB with big arm who will stand in the pocket and deliver the 6-10 deep balls Arians calls each game. Arians would call those plays, Alex would stand in the pocket for an hour and a half, declining to take the deep shot, and then dump it off to a RB. That would make Arians lose his mind.

Also, Smith isn't that much younger than Palmer, and he has his own lengthy injury history. He's not a QBOF.
    We are not sure BA rides off in to the sunset along with Palmer and Fitz. Checking down to Ellington and David Johnson don't sound so bad lol. The seahawks lost games due to that with Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Tough call, but I don't think it would be Smith for the same reason I didn't see Kaep here...bad fit.

Stafford would be awesome but probably stays in Detroit. Almost no chance he's available.

I like Cousins a lot but if by some chance he's available I expect he's going to be a 49er.

Bradford would be ok in BAs system but if Bridgewater isn't fixed he stays in Minn.

I liked Bortles and he may be available but he also may be damaged as an NFL QB. Can he be "fixed"?

My dream is Carr and Oakland have a horrible falling out and we get yet another legit QB from the Raiders. Zero chance of that but hey it's a dream.

I think if Carson retires we have money and tons of draft pick equity, so at least have flexibility to go after a vet or a high QB pick. Can also trade future picks or solid players who are getting "older" and who we have young replacements in line behind, like Veldheer or Iupati.
    Didn't you start a thread last season about opinions on Nick Foles?

See how things shake out w/ Gabbert and if not good, that might be worth exploring...

Somebody could pry him outta Philly after this season I suppose....
    Last edited by CardCore; 05-19-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    The question of Daryl Washington.