Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gut feeling who the cardinals may pursue for Qb after Palmer

A good scouting report by the Steelers on BA's offense (from Oct 2015 when CJ was burning it up at RB):

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10...outing-report/

Another from 2015 that describes BA's offense and how CP has his option on which level to attack:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/31/a...l-2015-preview

Point for this thread: Alex Smith is more mobile than CP and takes less sacks. He understands NFL pro-defense schemes and makes good decisions with the ball (based on his Int per pass ratio).

He's not glamorous and a superstar---but he may be the best available next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Funny!

And I use the English spelling, America for some odd reason uses the French spelling for defence and offence.
    Don't you have a soccer game to watch?

Yeah... but we know why Brown and JJ are on this team and it's to stretch the "D".
    small fast guys are great for slants curls or sitting down in zones and if BA can't figure that out he should retire.

It's about "fit" not the subjective "worthy".
    Fit can also be about adjusting for your players.

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    Throw a ball in the air farther than 10 yards?

Sarcasm right lol, I hope.

Gut Feeling is Fitz - CP - BA are gone next year and that is why BASK didn't draft a QB who would need to learn a new system next year. So because of this I think the SK plan, providing no miracles occur like getting Stafford - Carr - Garropolo, is:

1) Blaine Gabbert (20%) - Geep Chryst is the New OC in 2018 as under him Gabbert had a decent year (2015) for 49ers considering they were devoid of weapons.
    2) Mike Glennon (30%) - he still has no weapons in Chicago and Mitchell is waiting in wings. Glennon will show enough this year to tempt SK but not enough for Fox to hold his job and ownership for Bears will bring in someone new to launch the Mitchell T. era in the windy city.
    3) Arizona Cardinals: Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn -- (10%) as Darnold is a pipe dream as at least 3 teams will be tanking to get #1 pick with NO chance for trade.
    4) Blake Bortles (15%)
    5) Tyrod Taylor (10%)
    6) Paxton Lynch in trade with Broncos (10%)
    7) Bradford (5%)

P.S. My other prediction is the Madden Curse affects TB and he is out for year at some point with an injury and Giselle begs him to retire -- Garropolo gets his shot and stays the NE QB for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Gut Feeling is Fitz - CP - BA are gone next year and that is why BASK didn't draft a QB who would need to learn a new system next year. So because of this I think the SK plan, providing no miracles occur like getting Stafford - Carr - Garropolo, is:

1) Blaine Gabbert (20%) - Geep Chryst is the New OC in 2018 as under him Gabbert had a decent year (2015) for 49ers considering they were devoid of weapons.
    2) Mike Glennon (30%) - he still has no weapons in Chicago and Mitchell is waiting in wings. Glennon will show enough this year to tempt SK but not enough for Fox to hold his job and ownership for Bears will bring in someone new to launch the Mitchell T. era in the windy city.
    3) Arizona Cardinals: Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn -- (10%) as Darnold is a pipe dream as at least 3 teams will be tanking to get #1 pick with NO chance for trade.
    4) Blake Bortles (15%)
    5) Tyrod Taylor (10%)
    7) Bradford (5%)

P.S. My other prediction is the Madden Curse affects TB and he is out for year at some point with an injury and Giselle begs him to retire -- Garropolo gets his shot and stays the NE QB for 2018.

Of these options I hope we only consider a few of them:

a) Stafford
    b) Drafting our future QB
    c) Tyrod Taylor
    d) Blake Bortles

Don't want Glennon, Bradford, Lynch or Gabbert as our QBOTF. Garappolo is a system QB and Carr is 0% chance so I'm not sure why his name was brought up...

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post

4) Blake Bortles (15%)
    5) Tyrod Taylor (10%)
    7) Bradford (5%)

I guess this totally depends on who would be hired as HC. He might not want a 6-5 pocket passer. Maybe Bettcher takes over and Todd Bowles comes back as DC (presuming everything goes bad again in NY).

If the new HC doesn't mind WC QBs, then Bridgewater and Alex Smith are back in play.
    Last edited by Raze; 05-20-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    small fast guys are great for slants curls or sitting down in zones and if BA can't figure that out he should retire.
    When he does figure it out, Smoke and JJN will have to retire.

Even AE may be too brittle to hold up as a slot WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Don't you have a soccer game to watch?
    That would be 'football' and I'm enjoying my Spurs this year.