Thread: Article: 3 possible 'Steve Keim special' free agents at TE

Default Article: 3 possible 'Steve Keim special' free agents at TE

The Arizona Cardinals seem comfortable with the players in their tight end room currently, but that doesn’t mean they won’t bring in someone as training camp approaches at the end of July. General manager Steve Keim is notorious for bringing veterans in late in the offseason and even in training camp to see what they can do. At tight end, here are three possibilities.

1. Ladarious Green
    2. Larry Donnell
    3. Gary Barnidge

The article goes into a little more details about each TE. Your thoughts?

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...ilities-at-te/

The discussing of offseason personnel issues can fill-up our wondering how the final roster will shape up. But, to think SK will fixate any more on the TE position is a stretch. He has sufficient talent already onboard and money allocated to the position at this time and with BA using the position as a level three threat he will wait and see how camp works out. If anything I see Greshams role evolving more if Niklas can get by his 'glass jaw' reputation. I will pay attention to this question, though, so let's see how things progress?

I would like to see Donnell (like his size - age - lack of injury history relative to the other 2 choices listed) -- need a bit more depth to protect against Niklas injury ... again. Niklas started to really show more fluidity when running patterns last year and looked VERY good in one of the preseason games which created a buzz around the team -- of course he got hurt soon thereafter.

Boy if young guys with talent could step up like Niklas - Nkemdiche - B. Williams and play to capabilities while staying on the field this team could be scary good. I was not a fan of the B. Williams draft pick last year but it appears his dedication is much better and working out with PP21 hopefully let's him play to his speed ... for one thing -- PLEASE - PLEASE do NOT let the WR get a free release this year.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 05-21-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Please make it Barnidge. He would kick some butt on a team like this with Palmer at qb. Could be a huge upgrade for the receiving core, and offense overall.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

I was always a fan of Donnell.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

I like Gary Barnidge

This guy likes Barnidge....and CJ at RB....Perry Riley at LB.....Mangold at OL....Verner or Flowers at CB.

http://arizonasports.com/story/11482...ona-cardinals/
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    This guy likes Barnidge....and CJ at RB....Perry Riley at LB.....Mangold at OL....Verner or Flowers at CB.

http://arizonasports.com/story/11482...ona-cardinals/
    verner would be a nice #2 db. Barnidge would be a good weapon. Add Cj
    "It's OUR Time"

I'm another Barnidge fan. Surprised the Browns haven't brought him back.
    His blocking at times is suspect, but as a pass catching TE, he is really good.
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians