Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Cole - D'Wash being looked at by the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    What part of had he been willing to restructure, he'd have an opportunity in AZ don't some not understand?

Under the existing deal, he would have had a $5.67m CAP hit in 2017.

I have fond memories but hardly believe that after a 3 year absence he was worth a $2.9m salary this season.
    It's the fond memories of 2013 and prior years that have people waxing poetic, I believe. Always, always, always gotta remember this is a business.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Was hoping he would play for the jets for Tod bowles. He played very well with Bowles when he was here. I believe he still has what it takes to play at a high level and if he manages to stay clean all year and out of trouble, then he'd probably be a candidate for comeback player of the year. If he can't find another team to sign him, then he will return to AZ to play for the minimum.
    He will never be a CPOTY candidate. Don't even dream about that one.

I think Bowles is a little on thin ice over in NY, and he had so much disfunction there last season he couldn't go there.

Jerry on the other hand doesn't have to worry about gettin' fired if it turns out less than hoped for.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    He will never be a CPOTY candidate. Don't even dream about that one.

I think Bowles is a little on thin ice over in NY, and he had so much disfunction there last season he couldn't go there.

Jerry on the other hand doesn't have to worry about gettin' fired if it turns out less than hoped for.
    Yeah all the guys the Cowboys were willing to take a chance on, this would be a no brainer for them to try out Washington.

What part of had he been willing to restructure, he'd have an opportunity in AZ don't some not understand?

Under the existing deal, he would have had a $5.67m CAP hit in 2017.

I have fond memories but hardly believe that after a 3 year absence he was worth a $2.9m salary this season.
    By the end of the year he will be a steal at 2.9
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    By the end of the week, this thread will be dead.

The thing is he was away from football for 3 years. That's a lot of time to miss. You can lift all the weights, and do a the drills you want. It's still not getting on the field and getting your body beat on. Sure he could come back by the end of the year and be the same player. I doubt seriously he is that player for the first 8 games though. It's going to take that long for him to round into football shape. If he ever does. That's the thing. You don't know what kind of player your getting anymore with him. It's a lot easier to swallow the league minimum for a vet than it is 2.9 mil if he doesn't pan out. Besides he already got his money from the Cards in the form of a signing bonus. The way I see it he owes the Cards some time for the money he collected while sitting at home while suspended.

Personally I'm not sorry to see him go. Cards have pretty much moved on from him over the last 3 years. Good bye jerk good riddance !

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Let's remember this....

Let's remember this....
    By the end of the year...we will regret not signing him. The guy was that good.
    Let's remember that.....

I am interested to see if he can make it back. Seems kinda foolish to cut him now. Whats the difference in cutting him now or seeing if he's got anything and can actually make the roster before cutting him?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    I am interested to see if he can make it back. Seems kinda foolish to cut him now. Whats the difference in cutting him now or seeing if he's got anything and can actually make the roster before cutting him?
    Crazy Canuck has covered this in detail, and his analysis is spot on. I think it's on the first page of this thread most recently, the cap hit, the salary, the downside from injury. I won't speak for him but I think the point is that it wasn't a free look at our fallen hero to see if he could make the roster.