Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald compares Chad Williams to..

Default Article: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald compares Chad Williams to..

Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald compares Chad Williams to Anquan Boldin

Fitzgerald told reporters Tuesday that the Cardinals' third-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft reminds him of former teammate Anquan Boldin.

"He's reminds me of Anquan Boldin in terms of the strength of his hands," Fitzgerald told reporters when asked about Williams. "Once it touches his hands it just doesn't move. He's got unbelievably strong hands."

Boldin is 6-feet, 1-inches and 218 pounds. Williams is listed at 6-feet, 2-inches. The 204-pound target had 1,337 yards and 11 scores on 90 receptions last season at Grambling State. He also had 1,012 yards and 10 scores during his junior campaign for the Tigers.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2...9251496243851/

yea I hear Chad Williams is all the rage now at camp.

Last year it was Brandon Williams. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    yea I hear Chad Williams is all the rage now at camp.

Last year it was Brandon Williams. LOL.
    Yeah and I remember when John Brown was all the rage at camp as well... Same with other guys like DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    Yeah and I remember when John Brown was all the rage at camp as well... Same with other guys like DJ.
    No one can ever displace Andre Wadsworth as training camp freeloader and riches to rags bust.

The draft is always a roll of the dice regarding motivation and intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    No one can ever displace Andre Wadsworth as training camp freeloader and riches to rags bust.

The draft is always a roll of the dice regarding motivation and intelligence.
    Motivation and IQ were not Wadsworth's problems; a destroyed knee was.

a few years ago it was a UDFA WR with the last name Williams. Maybe stephen was his first name. The guy was the rage at training camp. Come game time he couldnt do it. IT was like that for two training camps. Then he went on to seattle and did the same thing. Some guys cant do anything when the lights come on.

last year Keim was really full of himself . He was looking for the genius label by taking Brandon Williams. They accolades were flowing in training camp. "wow can this guy turn his hip!!". Come game time and he was getting torched by third stringers. Didnt get much better as the year went on.

Bottom line is take what they say with a grain of salt. most of it is hot air.
    Last edited by AriS.; 06-01-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Motivation and IQ were not Wadsworth's problems; a destroyed knee was.
    I rechecked the records...Andre Wadsworth didn't break a sweat before a regular season game. He was a rookie year camp no-show and may have walked thru the camp locker room in year two. Was he a team player? IMV, NOT BY A MILE. Yes, there was aggravated knee problems after his first season with clean-up surgeries noted by year two but nothing below the man's neck was a career ending issue (i.e., no team PUP reports to back up an injury claim). He was cut before year three to avoid a contract payout. In fact, he appears to have tried out with other team(s) later. So much for a destroyed knee. After collecting millions from Bill Bidwill, Andre Wadsworth never was signed to a contract again insofar as I can tell. He was a missile in college and played okay for one NFL year. *** I assume he can walk around now and that is certainly a good thing for any former pro athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    a few years ago it was a UDFA WR with the last name Williams. Maybe stephen was his first name. The guy was the rage at training camp. Come game time he couldnt do it. IT was like that for two training camps. Then he went on to seattle and did the same thing. Some guys cant do anything when the lights come on.

last year Keim was really full of himself . He was looking for the genius label by taking Brandon Williams. They accolades were flowing in training camp. "wow can this guy turn his hip!!". Come game time and he was getting torched by third stringers. Didnt get much better as the year went on.

Bottom line is take what they say with a grain of salt. most of it is hot air.
    Why not look at it as the truth until you see what happens. Chad Williams has all tools to be a success in the NFL. B Williams played corner in college one year. It will take time for him to gain enough experience to compete against veteran receivers.

Can't wait for Chad Williams to prove all the naysayers who said "what a reach" or "worst pick we made" wrong. People who doubt Keim tend to look stupid.

The John Brown buzz was crazy. The Marvin Harrison comps came after like 2 practices lol