Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald compares Chad Williams to..

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Given that relatively 40% of third round picks get a second contract, BW can't be described as a "huge" bust if he fails.

First rounder who flames out... now that's Trump like "HUGE"!
    Yes but did the 40 percent contribute SOMETHING? Maybe a year even and then an injury could put them in that category.

It's fitting that we talk about BW in this "hype" thread. Because Keim spent a long time last training camp hyping this kid. I was a little suspicious as to why they needed to do that. Keim must have been real nervous in hindsight about his pick.

Perhaps "big" is not the correct word yes I can acknowledge that. But bust nevertheless is how he will go down.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Yes but did the 40 percent contribute SOMETHING? Maybe a year even and then an injury could put them in that category.

It's fitting that we talk about BW in this "hype" thread. Because Keim spent a long time last training camp hyping this kid. I was a little suspicious as to why they needed to do that. Keim must have been real nervous in hindsight about his pick.

Perhaps "big" is not the correct word yes I can acknowledge that. But bust nevertheless is how he will go down.
    His first contact is entering its second season and it always baffles me how people can offer such certainty about something that can't possibly know.

The encouraging thing is that, a receiver who catches the ball with his hands and holds on to it through contact is exactly what this team needs, it was the missing factor on a lot of failed 3rd downs last year

I did watch a highlight video where Chad "plucked" the ball out of the air on a long pass without having to trap it into his body like 95% of all receivers do on throws over 50 yards... so if he has strong hands to prevent CB from stripping the ball late during catch process then he does have some unique skills.

This guy likes him --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXzrAKh_FE ["Impressive Wideout that no one is talking about"]

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post

Why do you make it a mission to turn every thread into a Brandon Williams hate fest? We get it... you don't like the guy.

Now can we please get back to the topic at hand and talk about CHAD WILLIAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    Why do you make it a mission to turn every thread into a Brandon Williams hate fest? We get it... you don't like the guy.

Now can we please get back to the topic at hand and talk about CHAD WILLIAMS.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Can't wait for Chad Williams to prove all the naysayers who said "what a reach" or "worst pick we made" wrong. People who doubt Keim tend to look stupid.
    Not really. If you actually read the comments most people are just trying to pump the brakes a little. Rookies tend to get hyped way too much. I actually like Arians in this regard. He does at times say pump them up but he keeps them humble.

Chad Williams has a much greater chance of succeeding then drafting a corner who played running back his whole life. Now who in there right mind would do that.
    season ticket holder