Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs released maclin, could we use him?

Default Chiefs released maclin, could we use him?

Probably not because we're pretty deep in wr but boy can separate himself on deep passes!! He has some pretty great hands as well.

We could use him. He is better than Smoke and JJ. Only question is how much does he want. He also can return punts. Did it at the Zoo. Took several to the house.

I haven't read about this yet but am surprised...what's the reason they cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I haven't read about this yet but am surprised...what's the reason they cut him?
    I wondered the same thing when I saw this news yesterday. Different websites with plenty of rationale:

(1) Salary vs production. Some of the other WRs were giving the same performance for less.

"The move means that the Chiefs will absorb a $2.4 million cap charge this year and $4.8 million next year, instead of taking the full $7.2 million at once. The move also avoids a $9.75 million salary for 2017 and a $250,000 workout bonus, clearing $10 million in cap space."
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jeremy-maclin/

(2) Drops went up

"Over the course of 15 games during the 2015 season, Maclin piled up a career-high 87 catches for 1,088 yards and eight touchdowns. However, his numbers dipped quite a bit last year. Limited to 12 games a season ago, Maclin mustered 44 receptions for a career-low 536 yards and two scores. He was also plagued by a case of shaky hands"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...sons-with-team

I would love to have Maclin on this team but at what cost?
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

I bet we can get him for a decent price. I don't think WR is a need for us, but I think it wouldn't hurt to have another veteran presence for a couple year, especially to transition away from Fitz. I don't think teams are afraid of anyone but Fitz (although John Brown and J.J. might cause some headaches of course).

I'd prefer Boldin for a year, maybe 2 just so he could come back with the cards and hopefully get a ring with Fitz. But I don't think he would sign here.

I'd take him as a number 2, always liked Smoke as 3rd on the depth chart

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    We could use him. He is better than Smoke and JJ. Only question is how much does he want. He also can return punts. Did it at the Zoo. Took several to the house.
    That was 9 years and several injuries ago. . .

I think he could still contribute as a WR, partly because his hands are very good, which extends his catch radius. But, I don't see him as a viable PR in this league anymore.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

I don't see BASK showing interest in Maclin. The Cards have plenty of healthy and lower-cost WR options now.

Maclin played in just 12 games in 2016 and produced a total of 2 TDs. Father time has caught up to Maclin.

Fitz Mac Chad Jj smoke jaron . That's a straight combo.

CJ has still been in contact with the Cards too
    "It's OUR Time"