Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs released maclin, could we use him?

Nfl.com have the Cards as a potential landing spot. Just throwing it out there.
    "It's OUR Time"

I dunno...Keim usually picks up a late FA addition, but I don't see WR as anything he'd be shoppin' for.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I dunno...Keim usually picks up a late FA addition, but I don't see WR as anything he'd be shoppin' for.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring in a WR. I'm not sure there is a number one WR on the roster. We have been spoiled with Fitz, Q Breaston even. Now we have Fitz clearly coming towards the end of his career. Smokey who is coming off a down year because of health problems, and beyond those a deep guy, a failed Patriots guy, a rookie, plus a few others.
    Maclin might well price himself out of a Cards roster spot, but all I can see is instant upgrade if they did bring him in.
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did bring in a WR. I'm not sure there is a number one WR on the roster. We have been spoiled with Fitz, Q Breaston even. Now we have Fitz clearly coming towards the end of his career. Smokey who is coming off a down year because of health problems, and beyond those a deep guy, a failed Patriots guy, a rookie, plus a few others.
    Maclin might well price himself out of a Cards roster spot, but all I can see is instant upgrade if they did bring him in.
    I can't see this guy coming in for less than 8 million. I don't see how we can afford it.

We have no room for him from what I see. We have Fitz, a apparently healthy John Brown, JJ Nelson, Chad Williams locked onto the roster, Jaron Brown is likely to stick too if he is healthy. Not saying Maclin isn't better than some of those guys but he didn't light the world on fire last year and has struggled with injuries and is 29 pushing 30 I believe. Shady McCoy is recruiting him to Buffalo bet he ends up there.
    Follow me on twitter boys and girls @stephen_harlan

I would be disappointed if we didn't give him a serious look. He has the speed Arians loves but is more polished and dependable than the wrs we currently have on the roster.

One of the aspects of our disapointing season a year ago that sometimes gets overlooked is how many games we lost because of drops. I can not even count how many drives ended near the 50 yard line because of terrible 3rd down drops. Most of those were Floyd who although dropped way too many passes he did a great job of getting open on third downs, something our other wrs have struggled with outside of Fitz. Maclin could be a dependable third down wr like Floyd was for us 2 years ago while providing even more speed to the offense.

Palmer doers not have much time left, we have a pretty good team here but I don't know if we can beat some of the better teams in the conference without getting a little better at wr. Our window is closing.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987 6m6 minutes ago
    Cardinals are interested in recently released wide receiver Jeremy Macli

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post

Great news. He is easily better than all of our wide receivers outside of Fitz and would be a number 1 on majority of teams. If we can make this happen this will completely change our offense. The problem with our receivers is that they tend to disappear if we cant do the deep ball. This would solve that easily and open them up even more.
    Last edited by OG Card; 06-05-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    This would make for an interesting WR room. Still 29, wonder if he can still run in the 4.4's. This would open up even more options. He was ranked 93rd player in the top 100 in the NFL last year. Pair him with Fitz (who led the NFL in receptions last year) and our TEs, rookie Chad Williams (who's a bit bigger) and Jaron Brown, DJ (who was 20th in the NFL in receptions last year...as a RB!!), and a healthy John Brown and JJ Nelson as speed options with Maclin, and defensive coordinators would never have a part of the field they didn't have to think about.

He's intriguing for return possibilities too, though he really hasn't returned that many punts and kicks since his college days.

I think the Cards should consider him. An team NFL does need to score points to win and he would be that #2 or #3 despite the chance John Brown or Chad Williams could end up as the #2. JJ gets touchdowns and has that potential to be even more of a weapon, but it doesn't hurt to fortify the wr group with all the smaller, fast wrs that can only take some many big hits. DJ also catches a lot of passes too, but having that extra veteran presence on the field will help the offense.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan