Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Robert Nkemdiche suffers injury, could miss rest of minicamp

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Can't be a bust after one year
    Hes been a bust for 4 years. He was a worthless non-contributor in college as well.

Thats part of the reason why I dont blame him too much. Its not his fault BASK took him in the 1st round. His actual college performance was worthy of UDFA. So theres been undo pressure placed on him to be something hes never been: good.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    He has time to heal.

I don't like BA's policy on stretching. Not everyone is like Fitz (who puts in the extra time) and players who have a reputation of not giving 100% (Nkemdiche) are not going to stretch on their own. In a copy cat league BA pretty much stands alone on this.
    I agree, i dont like his stretch policy either. I think they should even hire a guy who focuses on that. Players on gameday go all in and an unstretched muscle that all of sudden gets stretched from a diving catch or from a 50/50ball is most likely to tear or sprain right?
    Strectching is reallly important.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    I agree, i dont like his stretch policy either. I think they should even hire a guy who focuses on that. Players on gameday go all in and an unstretched muscle that all of sudden gets stretched from a diving catch or from a 50/50ball is most likely to tear or sprain right?
    Strectching is reallly important.
    His policy is simply stretch before the whistle blows for practice and everybody stretches before a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    His policy is simply stretch before the whistle blows for practice and everybody stretches before a game.

Yeah but he treats it like its not important. Players might not take it too seriously, yeah i know most if these guys sre professionals and know whats up but some dont.. if he had a stricter policy then guys would take it more seriously. Then again idk if any of the players became injured as a result of lack of stretching.

This year should determine whether he is a bust or not. A little early to call him a bust..

Yeah but he treats it like its not important. Players might not take it too seriously, yeah i know most if these guys sre professionals and know whats up but some dont.. if he had a stricter policy then guys would take it more seriously. Then again idk if any of the players became injured as a result of lack of stretching.
    Who says there are any who don't properly warm their muscles before practice or game?

There is a whole physical training staff, including a sprint coach, to make sure they are ready to go.

Nice... disregard my statements about it then and i apologize buddy. Ive heard BA say before how he felt about stretching and to him it didnt seem important. I also thought that could of been a reason Mathiue got injured as both injuries were non contact i think.
    Last edited by LuisRoc; 06-07-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Brilliant!

Evidently you didn't bother reading Arians' remarks.
    I bet he did and just didnt put much into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Well I'm a credibility junkie for lack of a better term. The problem with guys like Nkemdiche who goof off or otherwise screw up out of the gate is that if bad stuff happens later the person doesn't have a history of being a stand up guy so the mind wonders if he has a hammie because he didn't properly prepare. It's impossible for anyone to know, of course, so the speculation begins. Flash back to 2003 with Boldin, he comes out of the gate looking like an all pro so if he says he can't go with a hammie or something else there's zero reason to wonder about it. He's earned the right.
    Yep. robert probably wanted the last two days of camp off. Him and de boyz were having a big shopping day at banana republic.
    season ticket holder

Nice... disregard my statements about it then and i apologize buddy. Ive heard BA say before how he felt about stretching and to him it didnt seem important. I also thought that could of been a reason Mathiue got injured as both injuries were non contact i think.
    Well, that's your interpretation of Arians' remarks.

The Honey Badger 's first injury was on a gang tackle returning a punt and the latter following an interception late in the game. It's a monumental 'stretch' to suggest a warm up (or lack of) hours before contributed to these injuries.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 06-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Am I reading something wrong or is he only missing 2 days? If that's the case, what's the problem?