Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Robert Nkemdiche suffers injury, could miss rest of minicamp

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Am I reading something wrong or is he only missing 2 days? If that's the case, what's the problem?
    Nope, you got it right.....and some people just enjoy bashing Kimche.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Am I reading something wrong or is he only missing 2 days? If that's the case, what's the problem?
    Just posting Cardinals news like I do every off season. Though hamstrings tend to linger, hope he comes back at full strength quickly!

Default BA -- "Soft tissue issues at training camp will get you cut"

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    He'll be fine in 2-3 weeks ... though I do hope BA talks with team when Mini-Camp is over and to the S&C coach that these soft tissue injuries don't have a place if the players workouts are properly structured and adhered to including stretching. Nkemdiche - CB2 - RG are the 3 positions (barring serious injury to the top 6-8 key players) that are key for a long playoff run.

P.S. BA has complained in the past about soft tissue problems and so Nkemdiche has 1 strike but is not a big deal at all if he doesn't have same issue in training camp.
    This is the old BA (attention to detail) as he warns the team about training and soft tissue injuries at training camp -- [Feeling good about the season]

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2017/06/...-soft-warning/

Arians delivers a soft warning
    Posted by Darren Urban on June 8, 2017 – 1:25 pm

Larry Fitzgerald has already created a legacy that would look pretty nice even if he walked away from the game tomorrow, but that didn’t stop him from being angry (enough that he bellowed an expletive) for not being able to bring in a catch at one recent practice of what was basically an errant throw. That’s what you notice about Fitz, how much he works whenever he is on the practice field.

You also notice that he’s always on the practice field. He doesn’t get banged up often, not in the offseason. Not every player can say the same. It’s something Bruce Arians said he noticed when it comes to soft-tissue problems.

“He knows how to train,” Arians said of Fitz. “He’s tweaked (hamstrings), but he keeps going. He knows how to train. These young guys, they don’t know how to train when they go by themselves, or they hire somebody who trains them to run track. Not move around and hit the ground and push things. So they get soft-tissue injuries when they get to (training) camp.”

Arians said there was a “long conversation” Thursday morning on the topic with the team in their final meeting of the offseason.

“You get a soft-tissue injury this year (in camp), you’re probably going to get cut,” Arians said. “It’s just too competitive.”

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Nice... disregard my statements about it then and i apologize buddy. Ive heard BA say before how he felt about stretching and to him it didnt seem important. I also thought that could of been a reason Mathiue got injured as both injuries were non contact i think.
    I may be way off but, I'm not sure any amount of stretching would prevent his knee injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    Just posting Cardinals news like I do every off season. Though hamstrings tend to linger, hope he comes back at full strength quickly!
    No I'm not knocking you for posting it, it's much appreciated. I just don't know why people are acting like he blew out his knee or something lol

“You get a soft-tissue injury this year (in camp), you’re probably going to get cut,” Arians said. “It’s just too competitive.”
    **, Robert Nkemdiche is not getting cut because of a soft tissue injury. It might be a warning the bottom on the roster. And he is out only 2 days because practice is over in 2 days. Obviously hammies take longer to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    This is the old BA (attention to detail) as he warns the team about training and soft tissue injuries at training camp -- [Feeling good about the season]

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2017/06/...-soft-warning/

Arians delivers a soft warning
    Posted by Darren Urban on June 8, 2017 – 1:25 pm

Larry Fitzgerald has already created a legacy that would look pretty nice even if he walked away from the game tomorrow, but that didn’t stop him from being angry (enough that he bellowed an expletive) for not being able to bring in a catch at one recent practice of what was basically an errant throw. That’s what you notice about Fitz, how much he works whenever he is on the practice field.

You also notice that he’s always on the practice field. He doesn’t get banged up often, not in the offseason. Not every player can say the same. It’s something Bruce Arians said he noticed when it comes to soft-tissue problems.

“He knows how to train,” Arians said of Fitz. “He’s tweaked (hamstrings), but he keeps going. He knows how to train. These young guys, they don’t know how to train when they go by themselves, or they hire somebody who trains them to run track. Not move around and hit the ground and push things. So they get soft-tissue injuries when they get to (training) camp.”

Arians said there was a “long conversation” Thursday morning on the topic with the team in their final meeting of the offseason.

Brings to mind one of my favorite Denny Green quotes.... "you can't make the club in the tub."

No I'm not knocking you for posting it, it's much appreciated. I just don't know why people are acting like he blew out his knee or something lol
    Slow news month, it's just one of those little things that are a non-issue with the guys that are above reproach, but with a 1st rounder who didn't contribute at all in year one it might make someone go Hmmmm. Nkemdiche earned the right to be nitpicked and micro-managed. If we're lucky, he's ticked off that it's even a news item. If it doesn't bother him then we're probably in trouble.

One opinion on the importance of Nkemdiche:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/***...ects-cardinals
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Didn't he get hurt last year in preseason too? I dunno, the dude seams to be getting a track record of not contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Didn't he get hurt last year in preseason too? I dunno, the dude seams to be getting a track record of not contributing.
    Robert's biggest "contribution" to the Cardinals was on draft day when his well dressed and in sync posse followed him through the draft stage. A lot of effort, maybe months of choreography, went into that production.
    Since draft night however his production has dipped and remained pretty well negligible right up to now.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.