Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AE back to RB

Default AE back to RB

Andre Ellington---who was moved to WR---is now back to RB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nals-backfield

Wonder if the move is because the Cards need more depth at RB or because he wasn't making the transition? (or both).

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nals-backfield

Wonder if the move is because the Cards need more depth at RB or because he wasn't making the transition? (or both).
    They should of just released him and used his cap space for a legit change of back RB when they were all still available.

Must wasnt getting it at wide out
    "It's OUR Time"

This must be a move related to the 2nd string rb being a weapon and a pass protector. AE can be that #2 rb when healthy, plus he has that ability to catch passes, especially when they need a first down and they see a mismatch to move the chains.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post

Making this move so soon surprises me. I remember a few years ago how the coaches raved about his route running and pass catching abilities.....were they wrong?

As you say, perhaps both. Perhaps its also that our huge group of WR's are looking so good that there may not be room for him. I guess that would be the best scenario at least from the team point of view.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

With 13 WR's in place (besides Ellington) it was probably too crowded to leave him there anyway. That's a LOT of guys for what spots are actually available.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I think that AE knew he couldn't beat the 1-6 ranked WRs. He still wants a paycheck. So he will get paid as a RB, or work elsewhere by September.

I'm with you OG Card. Should have cut ties with him before OTA. Guy is not a RB. Afraid of contact and to small to be a blocker in pass protection. Wasted roster space and wasted money. If Penny shows anything in pass protection AE is nothing but the 4th RB on this team. Would rather give that money to CJ and bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    With 13 WR's in place (besides Ellington) it was probably too crowded to leave him there anyway. That's a LOT of guys for what spots are actually available.
    That is what the said on the NFL network. They are too stacked at wr for AE to compete.

I was a big fan of AE, but he just cant stay healthy. I always thought the guy was a speedster on the outside, get him the ball in open space. But usually when he is in, they have him going between the tackles or at least thats how I remember it. Oh well...