Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early Favorites for 2018 1st round pick.

Would love to move up from 32 to 9-12 and draft Rudolph, make it happen.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    That was for a WR. When the player up for sale is a QB, the price goes way up because there will likely be many other teams trying to trade for him as well.
    Yeah...because, you know, they have like 12 different "pick value charts" that teams adhere to.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Christian Kirk seems like he would be right up BA's alley.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Yeah...because, you know, they have like 12 different "pick value charts" that teams adhere to.
    Its common sense. And basic economics. In order to outbid somebody else, you need to offer more. If you max out "the value chart" and its still not enough, then you need to decide if you want him bad enough. So you offer more.

Default I'm betting Gabbert is their QBOF, Bruce Arians isn't going to start over with a rook

Blaine seems to be taking over the backup role (at least) in camp. He's featured in the team media postings, you don't see anything of Stanton. None of the prospects in the 2018 draft come out with his combination of size, arm, speed, and smarts. None are even close. I like the Alabama CB, Fitzpatrick, the Clemson OT Hyatt, and Okla State TE Andrews, who is a local product, along with Kirk the A&M WR.

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Blaine seems to be taking over the backup role (at least) in camp. He's featured in the team media postings, you don't see anything of Stanton. None of the prospects in the 2018 draft come out with his combination of size, arm, speed, and smarts. None are even close. I like the Alabama CB, Fitzpatrick, the Clemson OT Hyatt, and Okla State TE Andrews, who is a local product, along with Kirk the A&M WR.
    Hold 'er Newt. Arians "starts over" every year with a half dozen rookies. Some of 'em play, some of 'em don't. It's not like just because they draft a QB that means he has to personally babysit the guy. Gabbert will have to show a lot to make them not draft one next year. When's he supposed to do that? In some preseason play this August?
    I've said here before I really hope Gabbert takes off in this O, but that doesn't nix the idea of drafting one next year IMO.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Hold 'er Newt. Arians "starts over" every year with a half dozen rookies. Some of 'em play, some of 'em don't. It's not like just because they draft a QB that means he has to personally babysit the guy. Gabbert will have to show a lot to make them not draft one next year. When's he supposed to do that? In some preseason play this August?
    I've said here before I really hope Gabbert takes off in this O, but that doesn't nix the idea of drafting one next year IMO.
    I think the implication is moving up to draft a QB early with the intention of having him be the main guy fairly quickly. Doesn't preclude them taking a flyer on the third day of the draft. What I'm saying is the Bruce is too old to start over with a rookie at quarterback. Even if you get one that is worthwhile it takes a few years before his team becomes competitive. Looking back at QBs drafted early first round, there isn't much to show from a team point of view. Newton probably came closest a year ago among that group, but he was in his fifth season. Top 10 QBs in the league last season were all at least 27, and averaged 32 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Welcome to the board...what part of the U.K.? Going to the London game?
    I'm from just outside of Nottingham, just think Robin Hood haha.

Welcome Kyle. Are you an NFL fan or a Cardinal fan? Just curious what made you pick the Cardinals if that's the case?
    Cardinals fan !

Not wanting to take this super off topic but I have always been a casual fan of the game, caught highlights here and there, especially when I lived at home because my dad has been a Raiders fan since the 70's. Then I took him to the Raiders v Dolphins game at Wembley a few years ago and loved the experience so I started to take a much bigger interest in learning the game, the history etc etc. I ended up just watching the 2015 season enjoying the game rather than just following a team. Before the start of last season I decided I was going to follow a team, I had already taken a shine to the Cardinals through the season, then 'All or Nothing' came out in the UK and I loved the series. Finally I had a buddy who I met out in LA who moved to Arizona and told me if I ever wanted to come out and catch a game to just let him know and that settled it. Made me first trip to AZ in November and watched the 49er's game. Going to Wembley game in October and depending on finances I am going to try and make it out again this November for the Jags game. Again sorry for taking this off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Actually I think we are very good shape WR-wise. Theres alot of TBD involved. Is John healthy? Is Chad any good? Is Jarons knee healed up? If all those check out, then I feel good about this unit post Fitz.

We have our 2 bigs on the outside with Jaron and Chad. John in the slot. JJ the deep man.
    I was playing devils advocate to be fair, the obvious stuff had already been stated.

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Welcome to the board, robert!

Thanks for making a comment regarding team media and QB foci. Some of that has to be an effort to tell Cards fans about Blaine. It's intriguing to think the absence of equal media attention for Drew is a FO attempt to write off his future with the team, e.g., to "disappear him." That's an old KGB trick. LoL.

Minkah lol
    "It's OUR Time"