Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Early Favorites for 2018 1st round pick.

I do and I have. Put up two. Our Cards 2017 Qb, and Our Cards 2107 RB so far. Problem is most on this board live in a fantasy world. Have trouble with the truth when it goes against their fantasies. I don't sugar coat things. I tell it like I see it. People don't like that. I'm not running for office so I don't go around kissing babies or behinds. ( donkeys ) Don't care if they like what I have to say or not. It's how I see this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I do and I have. Put up two. Our Cards 2017 Qb, and Our Cards 2107 RB so far. Problem is most on this board live in a fantasy world. Have trouble with the truth when it goes against their fantasies. I don't sugar coat things. I tell it like I see it. People don't like that. I'm not running for office so I don't go around kissing babies or behinds. ( donkeys ) Don't care if they like what I have to say or not. It's how I see this team.
    Very true. I find that fans of Phoenix fans tend to have a huge overestimation/value of local sports figures. It is fueled by the teams marketing (I can understand this), the media hyping up everything with a general refusal to criticize (Local Homers), and the fans desire to have a winner. Everything is fueled by a boisterous head coach who is on the path to becoming one of the Ryan brothers. Sure BA is exciting but his mouth often writes checks his teams can't cash. The Cardinals are no longer lovable losers and now play with a huge target on their back courtesy of BA.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Very true. I find that fans of Phoenix fans tend to have a huge overestimation/value of local sports figures. It is fueled by the teams marketing (I can understand this), the media hyping up everything with a general refusal to criticize (Local Homers), and the fans desire to have a winner. Everything is fueled by a boisterous head coach who is on the path to becoming one of the Ryan brothers. Sure BA is exciting but his mouth often writes checks his teams can't cash. The Cardinals are no longer lovable losers and now play with a huge target on their back courtesy of BA.
    Says a Cowgirls fan LOL. Too rich. The fan of the team that INVENTED hype and a fan base that overestimates EVERYTHING is calling out Cards fans. Fantastic! The irony is palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Says a Cowgirls fan LOL. Too rich. The fan of the team that INVENTED hype and a fan base that overestimates EVERYTHING is calling out Cards fans. Fantastic! The irony is palpable.
    Thank you! lol
    The Big A era begins

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Ha, I've lived in and spent time in a whole lot of this country and this world's cities, and every place you go the fans of all major sports do this. If anything Phoenix, being a relatively new city full of people from other places and snowbirds, does this about as little as I've seen. We could use more fanatical fans, tbh.

Josh Allen is my big hope. To me he looks the perfect fit for the Cards. CBS have him ranked in the second round. That's nonsense (They had my guy Mitch Trubisky the 23rd ranked QB this time last year). For me it is Allen or bust.

Of the WR group. The kid at Oklahoma State James Washington looks a complete natural. If he was a few inches taller he might be in the conversation as the first non QB taken in the draft.
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Ha, I've lived in and spent time in a whole lot of this country and this world's cities, and every place you go the fans of all major sports do this. If anything Phoenix, being a relatively new city full of people from other places and snowbirds, does this about as little as I've seen. We could use more fanatical fans, tbh.

My criticism is more directed at the soft media and the fans who gobble-up the non sense. So you have traveled the county so you should know the local media plays soft ball with the Cardinals. I too have lived many places, the local media is easier on the Cards than the media is in Texas to local high school football teams.
    Last edited by monsterike; 07-07-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    No, those threads are dead because they are tired old topics. Theres nothing new to say. QB/RB/BA conversations having been run into the ground. Its a song youve listened to so many times to the point its annoying and you shut it off.

As "too soon" as the draft topic is, this thread is 5 pages. People are craving something new to talk about. Kids in the draft will always provide new talk material.

Look I got some right here: the DL class next year appears to be the strongest in at least a decade with, count em, 12 guys with 1st round grades, 4 of which are top 10'ers.

Thats relevant to us. I can see us going DL again next year, especially if Nkemdiche doesnt pan out.