Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Like to see chris johnson back

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    305

    Question Like to see chris johnson back

    I hope we resign chris johnson to be our #2 back behind DJ. He was well on his way for a 1000 yards his first season here before getting injured. Before that our rb core wasnt too good woth elllington being injury prone, williams did ok. We got some promising guys this year but we already know what chris johnson is capapble of and even though he may have lost a step, he could still break free for a long runs. I love DJ as our 1st stringer, but im worried that he may get injured if BA overworks him which hes mentioned he plans on doing. If he misses a game or two id love to see cj2k in action rather than ellington. I became a fan of his the loment he started playing for us so if he doesnt sign here i hope the patriots pick him up..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    I hope we resign chris johnson to be our #2 back behind DJ. He was well on his way for a 1000 yards his first season here before getting injured. Before that our rb core wasnt too good woth elllington being injury prone, williams did ok. We got some promising guys this year but we already know what chris johnson is capapble of and even though he may have lost a step, he could still break free for a long runs. I love DJ as our 1st stringer, but im worried that he may get injured if BA overworks him which hes mentioned he plans on doing. If he misses a game or two id love to see cj2k in action rather than ellington. I became a fan of his the loment he started playing for us so if he doesnt sign here i hope the patriots pick him up..

    Great points you make I love CJ in our system but he has yet to stay healthy since hes been here. I think we really need a solid change of down back instead of wasting downs letting AE go down as soon as someone lays a finger on him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    I would welcome Chris back as I think we need a RB in the mix. I am not sold he is better than Williams though.

    Saying he was on his way to 1000 yards two years and two season ending injuries ago doesn't mean much to me.

    Hopefully Penny or another back step up and we keep the youth movement going. I would rather save that roster spot for a guy that at least contributes on special teams, but again I would be open to Chris returning.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    They moved Ellington back to RB from the experiment at WR today. Guess that didn't work out. Now we have DJ, Penney, Williams, Ellington and the rookie. I'm hoping Penney emerges as the DJ backup, but truth is we may have an absolute stud RB and then get thin quick.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Illinois
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I'm hoping Penney emerges as the DJ backup, but truth is we may have an absolute stud RB and then get thin quick.
    Agreed...Don't know if Penny has the talent, but he has the size to run between the tackles.

    As others have said, I would love to have Chris Johnson back. Granted he is older and maybe just too old. All I know is when he joined our team, we suddenly had a running game. Good running backs do matter. Not saying he is the answer, but he's rested and may just have one more year left in him.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    DJ gets hurt & the depth chart is thin in talent IMO. I think we should sign Chris he still appears hungry for more.
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Always sounds like he looking to go somewhere where he can still get a decent amount of runs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwvectors View Post
    DJ gets hurt & the depth chart is thin in talent IMO. I think we should sign Chris he still appears hungry for more.
    98.7 postulated the other day that CJ has been given a $$ offer from the Cards and so if nothing better comes along he will sign with Cards before training camp.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    From PFT:

    "During an interview with SI.com, Johnson was asked if he thinks he’ll be on a team by the time training camp opens and gave an emphatic yes in response.

    Johnson didn’t say where he thinks he’ll wind up, but said he’d like to play for a contender and mentioned his familiarity with the Cardinals after spending the last two seasons in Arizona. The first of those seasons was going well until a leg injury landed him on injured reserve and opened the door for David Johnson to take hold of the job."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Who does he replace?

    I genuinely like Kerwynn as our #2. He makes plays every time he's in there.

    And Andre does everything that David does from a receiving standpoint. If David were to go down, Andre could step in and we wouldnt have to change our scheme.

    And Penny is the big back.


    I like Chris, I just dont know if we have room for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •