Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Like to see chris johnson back

Default SK on 98.7 this AM -- "we have 6-8 vets walking the street that we an interest"

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    From PFT:

"During an interview with SI.com, Johnson was asked if he thinks he’ll be on a team by the time training camp opens and gave an emphatic yes in response.

Johnson didn’t say where he thinks he’ll wind up, but said he’d like to play for a contender and mentioned his familiarity with the Cardinals after spending the last two seasons in Arizona. The first of those seasons was going well until a leg injury landed him on injured reserve and opened the door for David Johnson to take hold of the job."
    SK during a radio interview at 7:30 AM this morning said the following:
    1) Talked with Michael Bidwill about 6-8 players walking the street that we are reviewing and have an interest -- my guesses CJ and Eric Decker are 2 of those.
    2) Said Dawson's leadership is exciting to him (as well as Dansby- Bethea) but additionally said "Dawson hasn't missed a kick yet and all are right thru the middle of the uprights."
    3) Adrian Wilson is really improving the scout room and did more reports (over 500) than any other scouts this past off-season.
    4) SK says he is glad the Cards are flying under the radar and "I'll think we'll surprise people by the end."

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    2) Said Dawson's leadership
    Took me a minute to figure out who Dawson was.

I keep forgetting about him.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    SK during a radio interview at 7:30 AM this morning said the following:
    1) Talked with Michael Bidwill about 6-8 players walking the street that we are reviewing and have an interest -- my guesses CJ and Eric Decker are 2 of those.
    2) Said Dawson's leadership is exciting to him (as well as Dansby- Bethea) but additionally said "Dawson hasn't missed a kick yet and all are right thru the middle of the uprights."
    3) Adrian Wilson is really improving the scout room and did more reports (over 500) than any other scouts this past off-season.
    4) SK says he is glad the Cards are flying under the radar and "I'll think we'll surprise people by the end."
    hmmmmm..well i wonder who
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Who does he replace?

I genuinely like Kerwynn as our #2. He makes plays every time he's in there.

And Andre does everything that David does from a receiving standpoint. If David were to go down, Andre could step in and we wouldnt have to change our scheme.

And Penny is the big back.

I like Chris, I just dont know if we have room for him.
    T.J. Logan does everything Ellington does better, and actually doesn't avoid contact. Wouldn't surprise me if Ellington is cut before the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    T.J. Logan does everything Ellington does better, and actually doesn't avoid contact. Wouldn't surprise me if Ellington is cut before the start of the season.
    I agree, I had predicted TJ Logan will be the #2 RB and KR. He is a real weapon out there.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Signing him would also give the team a veteran presence at running back and he is one who has had success at RB. I think having a vet at key positions helps develop the younger guys alot better, i bet david got alot of pointers from chris.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Signing him would also give the team a veteran presence at running back and he is one who has had success at RB. I think having a vet at key positions helps develop the younger guys alot better, i bet david got alot of pointers from chris.
    He doesn't play special teams. Out of Logan, Kerwynn, and Penny who are you bumping for 30 something year old Chris Johnson? Logan is faster now, a better route runner, and has better hands. Penny looks to be the bruiser back hopefully. Are you cutting Kerwynn for him? Is it really that much of a difference to be worth it?

He doesn't play special teams. Out of Logan, Kerwynn, and Penny who are you bumping for 30 something year old Chris Johnson? Logan is faster now, a better route runner, and has better hands. Penny looks to be the bruiser back hopefully. Are you cutting Kerwynn for him? Is it really that much of a difference to be worth it?
    This is correct. I don't think there is even room for Ellington if Logan pans out, much less C Johnson.

Agree, AE is on the bubble and could be gone in a heartbeat. For a variety of reasons, AE hasn't been the featured back in BA's offense in a long while.

Ellington is injury prone, kerwynn could be #2, penny more needs to be seen, logan is our return guy.

Last year we had taylor, ellington, kerwynn, johnson and johnson....

Penny could taylors spot and cut ellington to sign chris jonhnson... many would say he injury prone also but the first year he was here we got eight hundred something yards, BA was running him like he was running dj last year and we got like 8 or nine games out of him.. was set to return if we made the superbowl. Last year he was put on injured reserved to open up a roster spot, he really did get injured but could of returned. I rather keep him than ellington