Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Like to see chris johnson back

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,172

    Default SK on 98.7 this AM -- "we have 6-8 vets walking the street that we an interest"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    From PFT:

    "During an interview with SI.com, Johnson was asked if he thinks he’ll be on a team by the time training camp opens and gave an emphatic yes in response.

    Johnson didn’t say where he thinks he’ll wind up, but said he’d like to play for a contender and mentioned his familiarity with the Cardinals after spending the last two seasons in Arizona. The first of those seasons was going well until a leg injury landed him on injured reserve and opened the door for David Johnson to take hold of the job."
    SK during a radio interview at 7:30 AM this morning said the following:
    1) Talked with Michael Bidwill about 6-8 players walking the street that we are reviewing and have an interest -- my guesses CJ and Eric Decker are 2 of those.
    2) Said Dawson's leadership is exciting to him (as well as Dansby- Bethea) but additionally said "Dawson hasn't missed a kick yet and all are right thru the middle of the uprights."
    3) Adrian Wilson is really improving the scout room and did more reports (over 500) than any other scouts this past off-season.
    4) SK says he is glad the Cards are flying under the radar and "I'll think we'll surprise people by the end."

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    2) Said Dawson's leadership
    Took me a minute to figure out who Dawson was.

    I keep forgetting about him.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    SK during a radio interview at 7:30 AM this morning said the following:
    1) Talked with Michael Bidwill about 6-8 players walking the street that we are reviewing and have an interest -- my guesses CJ and Eric Decker are 2 of those.
    2) Said Dawson's leadership is exciting to him (as well as Dansby- Bethea) but additionally said "Dawson hasn't missed a kick yet and all are right thru the middle of the uprights."
    3) Adrian Wilson is really improving the scout room and did more reports (over 500) than any other scouts this past off-season.
    4) SK says he is glad the Cards are flying under the radar and "I'll think we'll surprise people by the end."
    hmmmmm..well i wonder who
    "It's OUR Time"

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Who does he replace?

    I genuinely like Kerwynn as our #2. He makes plays every time he's in there.

    And Andre does everything that David does from a receiving standpoint. If David were to go down, Andre could step in and we wouldnt have to change our scheme.

    And Penny is the big back.


    I like Chris, I just dont know if we have room for him.
    T.J. Logan does everything Ellington does better, and actually doesn't avoid contact. Wouldn't surprise me if Ellington is cut before the start of the season.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    T.J. Logan does everything Ellington does better, and actually doesn't avoid contact. Wouldn't surprise me if Ellington is cut before the start of the season.
    I agree, I had predicted TJ Logan will be the #2 RB and KR. He is a real weapon out there.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Signing him would also give the team a veteran presence at running back and he is one who has had success at RB. I think having a vet at key positions helps develop the younger guys alot better, i bet david got alot of pointers from chris.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Signing him would also give the team a veteran presence at running back and he is one who has had success at RB. I think having a vet at key positions helps develop the younger guys alot better, i bet david got alot of pointers from chris.
    He doesn't play special teams. Out of Logan, Kerwynn, and Penny who are you bumping for 30 something year old Chris Johnson? Logan is faster now, a better route runner, and has better hands. Penny looks to be the bruiser back hopefully. Are you cutting Kerwynn for him? Is it really that much of a difference to be worth it?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    He doesn't play special teams. Out of Logan, Kerwynn, and Penny who are you bumping for 30 something year old Chris Johnson? Logan is faster now, a better route runner, and has better hands. Penny looks to be the bruiser back hopefully. Are you cutting Kerwynn for him? Is it really that much of a difference to be worth it?
    This is correct. I don't think there is even room for Ellington if Logan pans out, much less C Johnson.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    T.J. Logan does everything Ellington does better, and actually doesn't avoid contact. Wouldn't surprise me if Ellington is cut before the start of the season.
    Agree, AE is on the bubble and could be gone in a heartbeat. For a variety of reasons, AE hasn't been the featured back in BA's offense in a long while.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Ellington is injury prone, kerwynn could be #2, penny more needs to be seen, logan is our return guy.

    Last year we had taylor, ellington, kerwynn, johnson and johnson....

    Penny could taylors spot and cut ellington to sign chris jonhnson... many would say he injury prone also but the first year he was here we got eight hundred something yards, BA was running him like he was running dj last year and we got like 8 or nine games out of him.. was set to return if we made the superbowl. Last year he was put on injured reserved to open up a roster spot, he really did get injured but could of returned. I rather keep him than ellington

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •