Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palmer with a ring to the Hall of Fame?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Definitely seeing it being considered if he were to win it all for the cards this may sound contradictory. I always reference two great Qb's that didn't win it all and I thought they should be candidates for the HOF and that is Dan Fouts and Dan Marino. That is just my opinion. Winning a SB does not determine if a player was great at his position or not .SB teams are champions because the over all talent on the team in my opinion.

Although there are personal performances by players that should have them considered for the HOF in my opinion. I think for Palmer if he were to win it all he should be in the conversation for the HOF.
    Fouts and Marino are in as is Warren Moon, Jim Kelly and Tarkenton all who never won a the Championship. Marino is arguable one of the 5 greatest QB's in NFL history. I didn't think Moon should have gone in and Fouts I can see but I don't view him as an all time great in Marino's class. I always thought Stabler should have gone in ahead of both Moon and Fouts both of whom I would put in ahead of Palmer even with a SB ring.

Looking at Palmer era, to me he ranks way behind Brady, River's, both Manning, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Luck, Ryan and Brees. You put Palmer in with a SB and you have to start considering Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Fouts and Marino are in as is Warren Moon, Jim Kelly and Tarkenton all who never won a the Championship. Marino is arguable one of the 5 greatest QB's in NFL history. I didn't think Moon should have gone in and Fouts I can see but I don't view him as an all time great in Marino's class. I always thought Stabler should have gone in ahead of both Moon and Fouts both of whom I would put in ahead of Palmer even with a SB ring.

Looking at Palmer era, to me he ranks way behind Brady, River's, both Manning, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Luck, Ryan and Brees. You put Palmer in with a SB and you have to start considering Joe Flacco.
    Take the time to check Moon's numbers and although it's not part of the criteria he won 5 Grey Cups. And one can wonder how well he would have done in the NFL if he been a victim of the bias against black QB's. I liked Stabler but there was a lot mediocrity between his championship seasons.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 06-11-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Take the time to check Moon's numbers and although it's not part of the criteria he won 5 Grey Cups. And one can wonder how well he would have done in the NFL if he been a victim of the bias against black QB's. I liked Stabler but there was a lot mediocrity between his championship seasons.
    Stabler won a SB and went up against the Great Steeler and Dolphin teams in the playoffs multiple times competitively. In his prime under pressure he was great. Moon had great stats. I liked him, I went to UW when he was the QB. I just felt at the time he wasn't as great as some of the other guys. I liked Terrell Davis over Curtis Martin. I can see why Martin is in the HOF and why Warren Moon is.
    Last edited by Biggs; 06-11-2017 at 05:40 PM.

thanks for the correction i didnt know they were in. I know at one time people use to debate if a qb should get in if they didn't win a Sb. Wow I guess I should pay more attention to the hof lol.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 06-11-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    thanks for the correction i didnt know they were in. I know at one time people use to debate if a qb should get in if they didn't win a Sb. Wow I guess I should pay more attention to the hof lol.
    I guess Stabler was inducted in 2016 after he died. They wouldn't give his family a HOF ring or jacket. Very strange. Marino was a first ballot HOF QB and absolutely deserved it.

I guess Stabler was inducted in 2016 after he died. They wouldn't give his family a HOF ring or jacket. Very strange. Marino was a first ballot HOF QB and absolutely deserved it.
    Agreed, he was a great qb just never got the ring.

If Palmer gets a ring I will name my first child after him and advocate he runs for President.

Palmer has 2 chances at the HOF even with a ring. Slim and none. They guy just hasn't been that good a QB over all. Sure he has had some good years. He also has had some clunkers, and very average years. He isn't HOF material. Even with a ring. He has never been considered one of the top elite QB at any time in his career. Second tier down sure. Those guys don't make the hall unless they have multiple rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Palmer has 2 chances at the HOF even with a ring. Slim and none. They guy just hasn't been that good a QB over all. Sure he has had some good years. He also has had some clunkers, and very average years. He isn't HOF material. Even with a ring. He has never been considered one of the top elite QB at any time in his career. Second tier down sure. Those guys don't make the hall unless they have multiple rings.
    There is a QB in the Hall of Fame with one Super Bowl win, who has the following career stats:

15 seasons: Completion % 59.8 - 194 TDs, 222 Int.

Playoffs: 7-5 record - 57.8 completion % - 19TDs - 13 Int.

My criteria for a HoF player is that he is the best, or one of the best players at his position during his era.

Palmer doesn't come close. He's not even within sniffing distance.
    The demise of the Seattle Seahawks is greatly exaggerated.