Thread: James Summers

Default James Summers

After OTA's, and seeing what has been said about this guy or that guy, I was getting a little bored.

So I thought I would research some of our lesser known roster spots. I was googling some of them and I came across this...link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WivYGJPtv78

I grant you, you have to take a highlight reel with a grain of salt.....it only shows you the highlights.

Having said that....he looks pretty darn good for someone that was undrafted. I am pleased the Cards are going to give him a chance. Heck he could even play QB in a pinch, and as athletic as he seems to be, maybe even special teams.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

I'm kind of surprised no one has made a comment.

As said, highlight reels only show the best, not the worst. Still for a undrafted rookie, he has a pretty good one.

We signed him as a RB. It will be a tough for him to make the roster. We already have a pretty good group of RB's. Not sure how many RB's we will keep, but he will have to beat out 1 or 2 to make the team.

As you can see from the video. He can play RB, WR, and QB. Maybe he can do none of them well enough. He was undrafted, so there must be questions about his ability.

I'm not going to predict anything, but I'm going to be rooting or him. If he can play half as well as his tape, he just might be a diamond in the rough.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Thanks for the link. I started watching the other day, then got interrupted. Watching now, the guy just strikes me as somebody that just loves to play football. Didn't get the impression they were up against any heavy duty D's though... I wish him luck!

Couldn't get away without watching clips on Sojourn Shelton and Budda Baker, since they were right there. NOW I see why they traded up for Baker.

Shelton looked decent too.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Thanks for the link. I started watching the other day, then got interrupted. Watching now, the guy just strikes me as somebody that just loves to play football. Didn't get the impression they were up against any heavy duty D's though... I wish him luck!

Couldn't get away without watching clips on Sojourn Shelton and Budda Baker, since they were right there. NOW I see why they traded up for Baker.

Some bad D and players out-of-position. At least he knows how to take advantage of mistakes. Also wish him good luck in making his case with the Cards---if he gets some time on tape in preseason, he'll have a legitimate highlight reel.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post

That is the exact thing I felt when watching that link. The guy looks like he's just out there having fun.

A lot of RBs who can do a lot of things. K Williams was used in interesting ways last year. D Johnson of course. This guy and Logan can be used in all sorts of ways. Ellington as a WR/RB. What's BA got up his sleeve this year?

This kid does look like he has fun, knows how to avoid a hit that knocks him down, and has a nose for the end zone. Definitely some bad defense though.

Whether he makes the team will depend on how well he plays Special Teams. If he excels in ST, then he has a good chance. If he cannot play ST, then he has no chance. Hope the best for him, but we shall see in Training Camp.