Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Ain't easy being a Homer (and I don't mean Simpson)

90% of Cards fans dont watch college football and thus have no idea who the players are in the draft. Thats why when you see mock drafts you see them listing top 10 guys getting taken in the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    There is no sports fan worse then a homer like Joseph.

the team could have rod graves running it and put pile of **** on the field and him and mama will watch the games convinced the super bowl is right around the corner.

Thankfully I bring some levity to the situation.
    And I appreciate it! . I just like giving you a hard time about it! I TRY to stay in the middle. Which is why I get to poke fun at both side. But I'm also pretty optimistic by default, so I go into a wait and see approach most of the time.

But yes, I agree the anti-homer is more of a historical realist sadly.
    Last edited by ecnelis; 06-16-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecnelis View Post
    And I appreciate it! . I just like giving you a hard time about it! I TRY to stay in the middle. Which is why I get to poke fun at both side. But I'm also pretty optimistic by default, so I go into a wait and see approach most of the time.

But yes, I agree the anti-homer is more of a historical realist sadly.
    I think the historical realist is wrong just as often as the homer. I watch very little college football and spend little time evaluating draft talent. I leave that to the expert scouts employed by professional teams. They do it for a living. The most important man or woman in any organization is at the top hiring competent people to get the job done. I think they understand, what it takes, much more than I. That leaves me to be that optimist homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Hope springs eternal for fans and all manner of team weakness is overlooked by mental chess games to imagine how it is all going to work out for the best. On paper the team is lousy with plenty of holes in the roster; the fan's imagination everything is going to fall in perfect place. When the season goes down the drain, those same fans will proclaim that they ‘knew it all along’ and why didn’t mgmt solve the problem that they saw all along.
    I think this is the one Homerism that we have all been guilty of. Not just us, but any fan of any team.

I think its the definition of a fan.....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I think this is the one Homerism that we have all been guilty of. Not just us, but any fan of any team.

I think its the definition of a fan.....
    'Fan' is short for fanatic.

More than you ever want to know about being a Fan:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    90% of Cards fans dont watch college football and thus have no idea who the players are in the draft. Thats why when you see mock drafts you see them listing top 10 guys getting taken in the 4th round.
    Yes indeed. A true Homer doesn't have to know anything about anything and can still claim knowing everything about everything.