Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only person upset the Cards didn't trade a 6th rounder for Greg Robinson

Default Am I the only person upset the Cards didn't trade a 6th rounder for Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson is NOT a tackle but he could be an EXCELLENT RG especially as a devastating run blocker. Cards have a plethora of 2018 draft picks and should do a Patriot move in trading picks for vets with talent who just have been in wrong systems or playing wrong positions because the Rams offensive coaches don't know what they are doing.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 06-16-2017 at 09:35 AM.

For a 6th rounder I would have taken a flier on him. Problem was the Lambs tried him at both guard and tackle and he wasn't very good at either. I could have been the system, or he just didn't want to play for the Lambs. Then again it could be he is just another 1st round bust.

What a come down. From a high 1st rounder. To only getting a 6th round pick for him. Something was going on that the Lambs didn't like to give him away so cheap.

I think the Rams did the right thing. The Rams decided Robinson's year 1-4 performances were not worth a 5th year $3.2M payday. Detroit also had to make some moves.

This is pure speculation: Robinson v. Boehm performance on the field would be about even, in my estimation. Neither are going to set the position on fire.

Robinson's next contract cost could be substantially more (the Lions aren't saying how much more) than Boehm's sub-million contract today. So, SK is probably happy as is.

Poor play will do that for you. Goff and Gurley were getting manhandled when he was in the game.

Another college OL who could not adapt to the pro-game lineman responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Greg Robinson is NOT a tackle but he could be an EXCELLENT RG especially as a devastating run blocker. Cards have a plethora of 2018 draft picks and should do a Patriot move in trading picks for vets with talent who just have been in wrong systems or playing wrong positions because the Rams offensive coaches don't know what they are doing.
    Do you think he is the next Leonard Davis? (Bust for Cards but flourished in Dallas). May be, and if that is the case, then the Cards made a mistake. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Do you think he is the next Leonard Davis? (Bust for Cards but flourished in Dallas). May be, and if that is the case, then the Cards made a mistake. I guess time will tell.
    More like levi brown or jonathan cooper.
    Last edited by AriS.; 06-16-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    season ticket holder

The Rams took him #2 overall. You dont think they tried EVERYTHING in order to salvage him before they cut him? They tried him at LT, G, RT. Everywhere. He impressively failed at all of them.

Crazy how the Rams got away with grand theft of the Redskins for RGIII and the only player they still selected that's still even on the team is Alec Olgetree. Talk about a waste

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

The Rams are absolutely terrible at drafting. Robinson was one of my favorite blunders they made. The guy never had to pass protect on the edge at Auburn and yet the Rams take him at #2 and forced him to play T. Why anyone had him in their top 5 of T's is beyond me. They passed on my favorite T that year, Taylor Lewan, for Robinson. So it isn't just that they were a colossal failure at drafting a guy that had no business being taken there, they compound the issue by passing on far superior prospects. Go Rams.

That use to be us.

That said, why in the heck aren't we offering a 5th rounder for that guy? Seriously? He was a monster road grader at Auburn. I don't see why we wouldn't go get the guy.
    Last edited by Raze; 06-16-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    More like levi brown or jonathan cooper.
    Cooper could be the starting LG for the cowboys this year. Could still turn it around.