Thread: With injury to Terron Armstead (Saints Tackle) trade?

Default With injury to Terron Armstead (Saints Tackle) trade?

Do you think there is any reason we could look into a trade with the Saints. Their LT is out for 4-6 months following shoulder surgery. Not sure what we'd get in return, or even if it's worth it, but with the emergence of DJ, would there be any reason to look at possibly trading Veldheer?

I completely understand if the comment is, look at last season, in that we'd be pretty short on our OL if people went down again. But, what if you could squeeze a very good CB or DT out of them? Do we have enough talent to fill that RT spot? They're in a pretty bad position right now with their C (Unger) out until Game 3 of the Preseason, and now their LT could theoretically be out until December...

Or maybe stockpile draft picks? While we won't get the farm like we would a starting caliber QB, LT is arguably the next most important spot on the roster... Something to think about

I don't think we're in bad enough shape at any position to consider compromising our O line that seriously.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I don't think we're in bad enough shape at any position to consider compromising our O line that seriously.
    And while I generally agree with that, if you were offered a king's ransom for him would you do it? I just looked at the current roster, and I think I'm leaning back towards no still. Ulrick has never had a healthy season, Givens Price has no experience. Wetzel wasn't terrible, but wasn't good by any stretch (Granted he played LT last season)

They dont need help.

They draft Ryan Ramcyzk in the 1st round this year. One of the top LTs. He will just slide over till Terron is back then go back to RT.

It will be interesting to see what the Saints do. Ramcyzk in all likelihood won't be ready to go from day one, not at a level for there not to be a big drop off from Armstead. In time he should be a solid starter, but it is asking a heck of a lot to ask a rook to step in that early on the O line. I guess Brees wil be handing off to AP a lot more until Armstead gets back.

If the Cards had a bad start, and the FO needed to plan for the future then Veldheer might be a possible asset they'd be willing to cash in on. But with the 'window' on its last legs, trading him now wouldn't make much sense.

Slightly off topic, but since Joe Thomas ten years ago, the number of the very top level of Tackles seems to me to be very low. There have been pass rushers by the dozen at DT, DE and OLB. But great Tackles are almost as rare as college QBs ready to go in the pros.
    Last edited by Northern Soul; 06-18-2017 at 02:19 AM.
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians