Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The ongoing saga of Colin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    . Moreover, does anyone think Jim Brown's comments are misaligned with the 32 owners' positions?
    Forgot to respond to the Jim Brown reference. Totally agree with him about respecting the flag and anthem. I continue to maintain Kap's valid concern should have been expressed another way away from the field, and the fact that he says he'll do different leads me to suspect he now realizes this. But I don't agree what I view as misjudgment on his part as a valid reason to black list him in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Forgot to respond to the Jim Brown reference. Totally agree with him about respecting the flag and anthem. I continue to maintain Kap's valid concern should have been expressed another way away from the field, and the fact that he says he'll do different leads me to suspect he now realizes this. But I don't agree what I view as misjudgment on his part as a valid reason to black list him in the NFL.
    I respect your view that someone was wronged. I don't agree someone was actually wronged. If there was even a hint of a wronging, the CK situation would have been in a US courtroom long ago.

The blacklisting topic was previously vetted on this board. Blacklisting to deny, prevent, or delay employment is a crime in most states....checked NOLO, etc. Both legal and civil penalties can be 'substantial' for criminal and civil defendants, particularly those with deep pockets.

As I recall, no owner, GM, or HC has said outright that CK's behavior was incorrect or otherwise. Some have commented about CK's rights, his NFL post-season performances, and his potential as a b/u QB. But not a whisper was made about CK's politics and associates. Also, owners, GMs, and HCs sitting silently and not speaking up about CK's political expressions is not blacklisting. Blank faces and stilled voices are not a cause for legal or civil action. But, if some of the owners, et al, get together and agree to remain silent, that's definitely blacklisting in my book. Has that conversation happened? Maybe. We don't know. I do think that sometimes people should speak up on key issues, but as history shows us, a quick off the cuff comment can lead to a grievance and then a judgment.

I truly hope CK gets a chance to play NFL football again soon. He'll then be judged by the court of public opinion by what he does with the football. All eyes will certainly be on him.

a lot of 10 dollar words going back and forth to the same end...He`s not good enough to be worth the bother..lol..no hidden agendas to be found here;;;simple is as simple does
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

I respect your view that someone was wronged. I don't agree someone was actually wronged. If there was even a hint of a wronging, the CK situation would have been in a US courtroom long ago.

The blacklisting topic was previously vetted on this board. Blacklisting to deny, prevent, or delay employment is a crime in most states....checked NOLO, etc. Both legal and civil penalties can be 'substantial' for criminal and civil defendants, particularly those with deep pockets.

As I recall, no owner, GM, or HC has said outright that CK's behavior was incorrect or otherwise. Some have commented about CK's rights, his NFL post-season performances, and his potential as a b/u QB. But not a whisper was made about CK's politics and associates. Also, owners, GMs, and HCs sitting silently and not speaking up about CK's political expressions is not blacklisting. Blank faces and stilled voices are not a cause for legal or civil action. But, if some of the owners, et al, get together and agree to remain silent, that's definitely blacklisting in my book. Has that conversation happened? Maybe. We don't know. I do think that sometimes people should speak up on key issues, but as history shows us, a quick off the cuff comment can lead to a grievance and then a judgment.

I truly hope CK gets a chance to play NFL football again soon. He'll then be judged by the court of public opinion by what he does with the football. All eyes will certainly be on him.
    This is all true but let's not overlook the fact that there comes a point when what should be and what's reality are two different things. Case in point, racial discrimination is against the law and subject criminal prosection but it still happens and can be hard to prove even when it appears obvious. An immediate example that comes to mind is how the real estate industry got busted when it was discovered how some contracts used a certain type of print if it were a person of color applicant vs. a white applicant. If that had never been uncovered one would assume that anti discriminatory laws were preventive and that we're all on a level playing field under the law. This example is in essence what I hear in Kaep's protest where African Americans and the police are concerned.

Finally.......the race debate per say where Kaep' is concerned as some have made reference to is something I personally don't get into. I see no evidence where he's being discriminated against because of his race nor have I seen anyone offer such proof. Likewise those who are insisting that race has nothing to do with it have no evidence that this is the case either nor has anyone offered any such proof that assures that this is the case. What we do have proof of is that Kaep's record out performs all the other QB free agents taken yet he's the one without a job even as a back up. What that suggests.....there's no proof of.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 08-29-2017 at 09:42 PM.

For proof that Sherman is wrong about CK deserving anything from the League or that there is a conspiracy against an African American QB...note who replaced Savage at Houston at TNF. Mister Watson. Race is African American. The winning QB's face is plastered all over the sports media this morning. What will come out of Sherman's mouth next?

CK was NOT WRONG TO KNEEL, we all know his rights, but he was taking a huge risk to openly disrespect service providers and patriots in 2016. And for that demonstration, CK was accountable. Not someone else.

Today, CK is in a tough spot. If he says anything that looks like an apology to anyone for past acts, someone will immediately say that he is a hypocrite, or that he sold out the SJW cause for a buck.

QUOTE=PUTMEIN;1178344]For proof that Sherman is wrong about CK deserving anything from the League or that there is a conspiracy against an African American QB...note who replaced Savage at Houston at TNF. Mister Watson. Race is African American. The winning QB's face is plastered all over the sports media this morning. What will come out of Sherman's mouth next?

CK was NOT WRONG TO KNEEL, we all know his rights, but he was taking a huge risk to openly disrespect service providers and patriots in 2016. And for that demonstration, CK was accountable. Not someone else.

Today, CK is in a tough spot. If he says anything that looks like an apology to anyone for past acts, someone will immediately say that he is a hypocrite, or that he sold out the SJW cause for a buck.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear Sherman say here that it was anything about race, and I repeat that there is no conclusive evidence either way that this is what his situation is based on. In the link I provided he is arguing Kaep's performance at QB and sighting the play of lesser QB's performances who were taken ahead of him. This has been my continued argument on his situation. I've avoided political arguments and tried to make the conversation solely about performance analysis and comparisons along those lines, but now permit me Mr. Moderator to do so to the analytical extent that you just did. While you and I agree 100% that CK was not wrong to kneel, to on the other hand characterize his protest as disrespect to service providers and patriots is not a fair one in my opinion especially given that someone who openly insulted service members.......one of whom was a prisoner of war for example and continues to serve our country and another who lost his life in the line of duty.......actually got elected president after doing so. He wasn't accountable as you suggest Kaep' is being. And the fact that the individual I refer to is orange with fly away blond hair whereas CK is black with a Brillo looking afro lends itself to subliminal racism commonly referred to as white privilege. Furthermore I think sighting another black QB in week 1 to discredit what Sherman was arguing in the link I posted is to me like trying to argue that Obama being elected president discredits CK's protest about injustices based on race.

Anyone with CK's performance record who's been put in the position he has and denied a job, is being dealt an injustice regardless of what his/her race is and is contrary to what we profess to value in terms of hard work and earning ones opportunities. It's shameful really. Almost reminds me of how Ali was treated when he spoke up.

For proof that Sherman is wrong about CK deserving anything from the League or that there is a conspiracy against an African American QB...note who replaced Savage at Houston at TNF. Mister Watson. Race is African American. The winning QB's face is plastered all over the sports media this morning. What will come out of Sherman's mouth next?

Today, CK is in a tough spot. If he says anything that looks like an apology to anyone for past acts, someone will immediately say that he is a hypocrite, or that he sold out the SJW cause for a buck.
    The humor in shermans comments will always lie in him calling kaepernick garbage the last time they played him
    Baltimore wins with offense