Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The ongoing saga of Colin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    I don't think anything CK says publicly will matter......at least until a team actually signs him. Meanwhile not only has he been passed over in favor of QB's with a lesser level of success than he's had, we now see one coming out of retirement having been offered a contract. The most objective thing one could rationalize about signing Cutler is that it reunites him with Gase. But in my opinion, Cutler's signing in conjunction with the "pray for us" comment from the Ravens is a clear indication that CK's performance as a QB is being totally ignored because of his controversial stance and has nothing to with whether he can help a team and/or what it's "system" is. Who says things like that about a player (praying?). This is a business who's primary goal is to win.
    My question is...Have you seen any proof that CK even wants a job?..i`m not being sarcastic at all,i just have never heard from his camp that he is even interested
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    My question is...Have you seen any proof that CK even wants a job?..i`m not being sarcastic at all,i just have never heard from his camp that he is even interested
    Regarding CK's voice or position on future QB matters, I agree there is none. I also wonder why his camp is quiet. Does that mean a legal response is being considered? Maybe or maybe not.

I personally think CK could change his unemployed situation in 5 minutes if he wanted the situation changed. CK said plenty about political views when he last gestured to the public in 2016 -- we know he can take a position! -- and the gesture turned out to be an iconic event and what football fans (and executives?) remember about CK.

I was a surprised as anyone that Jay Cutler, another baggage-heavy inconsistent QB, was recalled to 1-year of duty for a huge sum at MIA. If JC can resurrect himself, so can CK with a quick comment to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    JC costs the Fins $10M for a 1-year stint. He could earn a few more millions if he hits contract incentives numbers.

I wonder what CK's agent is thinking tonight. That camp is strangely quiet. I expect certain sports media to chime in soon.
    3 days. That didn't take long. Spike Lee has offered to be CK's next unemployment spokesperson in front of NFL HQ, NYC. That backdrop only distorts CK's thesis and also probably not in a Commish & Owner appreciated way. The NFL won't be intimidated.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ernick-in-nyc/

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post

No I don't even get the sensse you were trying to be. That's a fair question. And I think it's equally fair to ask if there's any proof that he doesn't. Taking both our questions into account, I would argue that given the fact that there has been contact with other teams, notably Seahawks and Ravens.....the latter of which he reportedly expressed an interest in......that these reported contacts indicates that he does want another job.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 08-08-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Regarding CK's voice or position on future QB matters, I agree there is none. I also wonder why his camp is quiet. Does that mean a legal response is being considered? Maybe or maybe not.

I personally think CK could change his unemployed situation in 5 minutes if he wanted the situation changed. CK said plenty about political views when he last gestured to the public in 2016 -- we know he can take a position! -- and the gesture turned out to be an iconic event and what football fans (and executives?) remember about CK.

I was a surprised as anyone that Jay Cutler, another baggage-heavy inconsistent QB, was recalled to 1-year of duty for a huge sum at MIA. If JC can resurrect himself, so can CK with a quick comment to the NFL.

Yeah but changed at what cost? If he says pay me $500k for one year it would take even less than five minutes. It's not that simple. Can't be.

3 days. That didn't take long. Spike Lee has offered to be CK's next unemployment spokesperson in front of NFL HQ, NYC. That backdrop only distorts CK's thesis and also probably not in a Commish & Owner appreciated way. The NFL won't be intimidated.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...ernick-in-nyc/
    No I don't even get the sensse you were trying to be. That's a fair question. And I think it's equally fair to ask if there's any proof that he doesn't. Taking both our questions into account, I would argue that given the fact that there has been contact with other teams, notably Seahawks and Ravens.....the latter of which he reportedly expressed an interest in......that these reported contacts indicates that he does want another job.
    If CK really wants a NFL Gig again he should be putting distance between himself and this Spike lee deal...this can`t be a Good thing for his future..Billionaire are not easily bullied
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Yeah but changed at what cost? If he says pay me $500k for one year it would take even less than five minutes. It's not that simple. Can't be.
    The cost is one word: fame.

The cost is one word: fame.
    Oh I beg to differ my friend......it's about financial security for playing a high risk sport. Just one mishap at camp can ruin a season if not an entire career. We've seen this already.

Oh I beg to differ my friend......it's about financial security for playing a high risk sport. Just one mishap at camp can ruin a season if not an entire career. We've seen this already.
    The man's silence leaves everyone guessing about his intentions and needs. The League's silence, except for Baltimore's and Seattle's limited interest, also leaves us all guessing about the man's QB shortcomings. So, until the info blackout ends, you and I are both correct to a degree. I leave it at that.

The man's silence leaves everyone guessing about his intentions and needs. The League's silence, except for Baltimore's and Seattle's limited interest, also leaves us all guessing about the man's QB shortcomings. So, until the info blackout ends, you and I are both correct to a degree. I leave it at that.
    So very true. But meanwhile what we do know is why he's the most debated free agent QB in the league given his record as a player. I too will leave it at that.