Thread: Morgan Athletic Club

Default Morgan Athletic Club

Nice trivia article on why football fans should root for the Morgan Athletic Club:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...zona-cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Nice trivia article on why football fans should root for the Morgan Athletic Club:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...zona-cardinals
    Nice read and I am the guy in the last paragraph, almost.

Just does not get enough respect that they deserve to get.
    Ready for Halloween!

Thats funny if you read all 4 tabs. The seahawks and Rams are very similar reviews. You should root for them because they have lots of young talent, and the future looks bright. RE Arizona, you should root for them because of BA, Fitz, Carson. The old trio (+David) looking for that ring.

But if you read the 49ers, 100% of the article is about the past. Montana, Rice, 5 rings, etc. Absolutely nothing encouraging for 2017 or beyond.

Nice to know that even fans of other teams or plain NFL fans question whether that 2nd foot was down...
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Your team, your franchise, is one of only two survivors from the 1920 founding of today's NFL. The fans who supported the Cardinals at SDS greatly contributed to what you enjoy at UOP today, the die-hard fans of the years in St.Louis, who nearly saw success in showing up the arrogant Cowboys, the very rich owners of the Giants and Washington teams and those pesky Eagles and even us old-school fans of the Chicago years are to be commended. Some pundits poke fun at the team and others surrender limited credit for what little success the team has won. You see this in how our SB XLIII is now being downplayed, how history is being rewritten, even by some Valley fans, as to the hard fought success that that team acheived.

I have the advantage of a long-term perspective in my following the team, an uncle who at fifteen years witnessed the 1929 Ernie Never' record-setting Thanksgiving Day game where we clobbered the rival Bears. So, while I know that most pro football fans, even some from the Valley, would say, "We're happy for you," what should be taken from the above cited article is our that Cardinals are survivors.

The team will be going 'all in' this season to win the championship. Get behind ownership and the coaching staff and the team SKBA will choose to start the campaign. Take it from me, this is the best, the most complete team I have ever seen go into summer camp. I don't care about any so-called closing window, or QBOF and any other contrived criticism from the media or fans, I sense a championship run in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    Your team, your franchise, is one of only two survivors from the 1920 founding of today's NFL. The fans who supported the Cardinals at SDS greatly contributed to what you enjoy at UOP today, the die-hard fans of the years in St.Louis, who nearly saw success in showing up the arrogant Cowboys, the very rich owners of the Giants and Washington teams and those pesky Eagles and even us old-school fans of the Chicago years are to be commended. Some pundits poke fun at the team and others surrender limited credit for what little success the team has won. You see this in how our SB XLIII is now being downplayed, how history is being rewritten, even by some Valley fans, as to the hard fought success that that team acheived.

I have the advantage of a long-term perspective in my following the team, an uncle who at fifteen years witnessed the 1929 Ernie Never' record-setting Thanksgiving Day game where we clobbered the rival Bears. So, while I know that most pro football fans, even some from the Valley, would say, "We're happy for you," what should be taken from the above cited article is our that Cardinals are survivors.

The team will be going 'all in' this season to win the championship. Get behind ownership and the coaching staff and the team SKBA will choose to start the campaign. Take it from me, this is the best, the most complete team I have ever seen go into summer camp. I don't care about any so-called closing window, or QBOF and any other contrived criticism from the media or fans, I sense a championship run in the making!
    I respect and love your attitude Tom! It's what I'm about here on this forum as well. A Long Time Cardinal Fan that does not put down the shield of Hope. Just like you. Brother in Red.

JosEPh

Well, JosEPh-II, thanks for the comment. As a fellow LTCF (Long Time Cardinal Fan) who could give you all the highlights and key players from the '47 Championship game when Ollie Matson played for the Cardinals I've just about seen it all. My father, his two brothers, a brother-in-law and two cousins all witnessed that title win over the Eagles and stayed life-long fans in spite of the dual moves of the team.

When I was that young it was entertaining to listen to their disparate memories of that game and the events surrounding it. And, to a man, they swore that the '48 team was even better and robbed of another title!

So, call it my legacy or my curse, Cardinal Red flows thru my veins. Counting the newly acquired veteran and rookie talent adding to our already envied lockerroom with the not too challenging schedule we will play and the renewed focus of the front office and coaching staff my optimism is calm and grounded this year.

After the draft was over I thought my watchword for the season would be, "Why not us,?" but now, I think it will be, "Just watch us!" Semper Fi...