Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Cards vs Steeler Superbowl

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TRAVELER
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Didn't mean to get you upset by posting the video link to the game.

    Plenty of mistakes made by plenty of players. Win and lose as a team. There were plenty of plays not made on that last Steeler drive.

    For a few glorious moments it looked like the Cards and Warner-to-Fitz was going to bring it home.

    Look on the bright side---the OC that called the plays on the winning drive is now our HC. Our turn will come.


    its ok, I have gotten over it....kinda. I do place a 100.00 bet on cards winning the SB. sooo lets just say I also had some money riding on it....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    771

    Default

    This game never fails to get my heart rate up. Just the mere mention of it gives me the chilli-poos. Just a lot of emotions.
    Last edited by BigAngelG; 06-24-2017 at 06:03 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    The Cards loss in the SB to the Steelers is a painful memory for a true fan . . . but the Cards have nothing to regret or be ashamed of. Just getting to the big game was an accomplishment especially if you look at the stats for the year. There was reason the Cards were labelled the 'worst team to ever make it to the SB.'

    We had a below average D that gave up 426 points for the year ranking us #28 of the 32 teams in points allowed.

    Our running game was awful with the entire team putting up 1128 yds ranking us #32 of the 32 teams.

    We won games based on our O with three WRs going for over a 1,000 yds (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston). Warner passed for 4,528 yds, 30 TD to 14 Int, completion % of 67.1. Warner put up those numbers even while being sacked 26 times behind a pretty mediore OL. We finished with 437 points (one more than our D gave up).

    Here for the stat breakdown of the 2008 team:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/crd/2008.htm

    We barely squeaked into the playoffs and then had some memorable games to get to the SB:

    In the wildcard, we beat the Falcons 30-24
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0901030crd.htm

    In the Divisional round, we beat Carolina 33-13
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0901100car.htm

    In the Conference Championship, we beat the Eagles 32-25 (3 TDs for Fitz)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0901180crd.htm

    As a lifelong Card fan, of course I was heartbroken when the Cards lost on a miracle catch with an inch to spare.

    The fact that we got to the big game with the 2008 team gives hope when you compare that roster to what BASK have put together coming into the 2017-18 season. Overall, you'd have to give the nod to the talent on the current team. The big question is, do they have the same drive and determination? Do we have enough players with the Will to Win to match Warner, Boldin, Wilson, and of course Fitz?

    Our time will come (just check with Chicago Cub fans).

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    The Cards loss in the SB to the Steelers is a painful memory for a true fan . . . but the Cards have nothing to regret or be ashamed of. Just getting to the big game was an accomplishment especially if you look at the stats for the year. There was reason the Cards were labelled the 'worst team to ever make it to the SB.'

    We had a below average D that gave up 426 points for the year ranking us #28 of the 32 teams in points allowed.

    Our running game was awful with the entire team putting up 1128 yds ranking us #32 of the 32 teams.

    We won games based on our O with three WRs going for over a 1,000 yds (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston). Warner passed for 4,528 yds, 30 TD to 14 Int, completion % of 67.1. Warner put up those numbers even while being sacked 26 times behind a pretty mediore OL. We finished with 437 points (one more than our D gave up).

    Here for the stat breakdown of the 2008 team:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/crd/2008.htm

    We barely squeaked into the playoffs and then had some memorable games to get to the SB:

    In the wildcard, we beat the Falcons 30-24
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0901030crd.htm

    In the Divisional round, we beat Carolina 33-13
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0901100car.htm

    In the Conference Championship, we beat the Eagles 32-25 (3 TDs for Fitz)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0901180crd.htm

    As a lifelong Card fan, of course I was heartbroken when the Cards lost on a miracle catch with an inch to spare.

    The fact that we got to the big game with the 2008 team gives hope when you compare that roster to what BASK have put together coming into the 2017-18 season. Overall, you'd have to give the nod to the talent on the current team. The big question is, do they have the same drive and determination? Do we have enough players with the Will to Win to match Warner, Boldin, Wilson, and of course Fitz?

    Our time will come (just check with Chicago Cub fans).
    The main factor in this whole equation was us winning the hapless (at that time) NFC West and being able to host Atlanta and Philadelphia. I don't think we advance if not for that one detail.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    No one on this board that's a fan should ever want to watch this.

    It is horrifying.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    No one on this board that's a fan should ever want to watch this.

    It is horrifying.
    It is horrifying but is also the history or our team. To be a fan, you need to accept and even embrace everything---the good, the bad, and even the miserable Horror of this loss.

    It will make the eventual success that much sweeter.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I still can't watch it.

    I still remember sitting at halftime so depressed after that interception return. I also still remember so much joy and jumping around when Fitz scored the game winning drive.

    The ending was sour, and everything lead up to it was sour because of it. The only consolation is that people agree it's one of the best Superbowls ever played and we were in it (and of course both teams had to be great and play great to get that title).

    :(
    Last edited by Zalixar; 06-25-2017 at 01:41 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalixar View Post
    I still can't watch it.

    I still remember sitting at halftime so depressed after that interception return. I also still remember so much joy and jumping around when Fitz scored the game winning drive.

    The ending was sour, and everything lead up to it was sour because of it. The only consolation is that people agree it's one of the best Superbowls ever played and we were in it (and of course both teams had to be great and play great to get that title).

    :(
    I can't tell you how you should feel. I apologize if posting the link was painful for you.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ogdenutah
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalixar View Post
    I still can't watch it.

    I still remember sitting at halftime so depressed after that interception return. I also still remember so much joy and jumping around when Fitz scored the game winning drive.

    The ending was sour, and everything lead up to it was sour because of it. The only consolation is that people agree it's one of the best Superbowls ever played and we were in it (and of course both teams had to be great and play great to get that title).

    :(
    My home town, the greatest city in the world, has played in one of the best superbowls, one of the best world series games, and the two greatest nba finals games. And we are 1 up and 3 down. Thank God for the Snakes, the rest is ****, no matter how anybody wants to spin it.



    Edit:but hey, 2nd place gets you in the ring of honor, so maybe its just me.
    Last edited by captjack; 06-25-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    ...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Steelers, Raiders, or the Pats. Pats are set-up for another run at 19-0
    Wouldn't that be something if Reddick becomes the next Von Miller type player. Then the Super Bowl win could really happen if the team can stay healthy enough. Keim has also made many moves, draft picks protecting this team's depth.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •