Thread: 13 to 11 48 for 6

Default 13 to 11 48 for 6

For a slow day on the forum, here's video of Kurt Warner connecting with Fitz (all 48 TDs).

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/vi...2-6adf1999a96f

If only those two guys could have played together for a few years.

I noticed a lot of times Curt's feet weren't set or he was still back peddling when the ball cane out. When there was an opening he was ready to throw. Feet ready or not the ball came out. Guy was a heck of a QB. Him and Montana were probably my two favorite QB of all time.

I have often wondered what kind of gaudy stats Larry would have if he was paired with a top QB and team during most of his career. His stats would be off that charts.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I noticed a lot of times Curt's feet weren't set or he was still back peddling when the ball cane out. When there was an opening he was ready to throw. Feet ready or not the ball came out. Guy was a heck of a QB. Him and Montana were probably my two favorite QB of all time.
    Two notes about KW readiness and growth as a QB. He had all the tools to succeed when he first put on pads w/ GB. But he vastly improved his quick release short pass game later at the Arena Football League and then tore up the European League. When the run was done at STL, he had set NFL records galore. The NFL's elite QBs all have huge upper body strength that allows them to disregard lower body torque for some throws. I'm hoping to see some of KW's type of speed read pass game when Gabbert gets behind center. He can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I have often wondered what kind of gaudy stats Larry would have if he was paired with a top QB and team during most of his career. His stats would be off that charts.
    He would be compared to Jerry Rice, and likely called the greatest of all time. Now, just a run of the mill Hall of Famer.

Four years of SkeltonKolbAndersonLindleyStPierreHoyer can get in the way of some things.
    Once my pants are on, I make the playoffs- Ayy Zee Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    Simple..he would be Da GOAT
    The Big A era begins

Fitz would not have been the only one to benefit from playing with Warner. It would have been to their mutual gain.

Warner was QB for several wide receivers who had their career years with him tossing them the ball.

I followed the Rams/Warner after the Cards left St. Louis behind. For a brief period, we got Card games until enough jilted fans bombarded the TV stations in protest.

As a football fan I watched Warner develop with the Rams. His greatest asset was his instant read of the D---he knew who would be open before the ball was snapped. That's why he had such great connection with Fitz during their time together.

Wonder how BA and Warner would have meshed?