Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game One: Arizona at Detroit

Default Game One: Arizona at Detroit

Our team went 7-8-1 last year and our first opponent of the season went 9-7 and made the playoffs. They lost in the WC round to the Seahawgs 26-6.

Detroit won their season opener last year in a shootout at Indy 39-35.
    The Cardinals of course, lost to the Garoppolo led Patriots 23-21 at UPS.

Last time these two teams met was in Detroit in 2015. Cards won 42-17.

How do you see this season opening game ending up?
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Our team went 7-8-1 last year and our first opponent of the season went 9-7 and made the playoffs. They lost in the WC round to the Seahawgs 26-6.

This is a game where the pass rush will be very large. If they pressure Stafford a lot, I believe the Cards can win this game by one score. David Johnson has been known to step up big in games like these. He better protect the football against an opportunistic Detroit defense. They are tough at home. Chad Williams, TJ Logan, DJ, and the D score touchdowns. Cards 31-24
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 06-26-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post

CC, at least the Cardinals lost to the eventual SB winner during last season's opener. And the Cardinals didn't look as sorry as the Falcons did at the other end of the season. Those are small Cardinals victories, I suppose.

You are really out in front on the 2017 opening game. Teams have 2 months hard training, injuries, and roster cuts to get through before we know the final strengths v. weaknesses. I'm inclined to pick ARZ today to win in Sept due to the superior HC.

Lions lt is out for the season
    "It's OUR Time"

This is probably way too soon to make predictions on a given game.

But this is dead time so we need things to talk about, so I'll bite.

If Palmer looks sharp in preseason ( unlike last year ) I think we can win, maybe even big.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JagNCard225 View Post
    JagN, your comms took a hit. Resend?

Way to early to predict anything. We have no idea how the O line will do with the reshuffle. No idea of how the D is going to do with loosing 5 starters from last year.

If I had to pick right now I'd go with the Lions. Simply because it's a home game and I have no idea how the D is going to do. Were not getting the Dansby from several years ago. He surely has lost a step if not more. WE have to replace CC. Our safetys were one of the better pair in the whole league.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    CC, at least the Cardinals lost to the eventual SB winner during last season's opener. And the Cardinals didn't look as sorry as the Falcons did at the other end of the season. Those are small Cardinals victories, I suppose.

You are really out in front on the 2017 opening game. Teams have 2 months hard training, injuries, and roster cuts to get through before we know the final strengths v. weaknesses. I'm inclined to pick ARZ today to win in Sept due to the superior HC.
    Yeah, I know it's early Put. Maybe we can revisit in Late August? Things do change and players get hurt etc.
    Anyway, yeah, for now I feel optimistic, but a lot of that is just based on how things seemed to finally get on track after those last 2 games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JagNCard225 View Post
    Yep. I'm not sure if they'll be starting Greg Robinson or Cyrus Kouandjio, but likely one of those 2, probably Robinson. Hopefully that bodes well for us since they won't have much chemistry there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Way to early to predict anything. We have no idea how the O line will do with the reshuffle. No idea of how the D is going to do with loosing 5 starters from last year.

If I had to pick right now I'd go with the Lions. Simply because it's a home game and I have no idea how the D is going to do. Were not getting the Dansby from several years ago. He surely has lost a step if not more. WE have to replace CC. Our safetys were one of the better pair in the whole league.
    At least we do have good coaching at both lines. I think HB will be on fire. If not I'll be real disappointed.

I predict that the team scoring the most points will be declared the winner.

The Lions took 2 LB's in the 1st 4 rounds, with Jarrad Davis in the 1st round and Jaylen Reeves-Maybin in the 4th. They also took CB Teez Tabor in the 2nd and WR Kenny Golladay in the 3rd.

They also went ahead and drafted Brad Kaaya in the 6th.

At WR it sounds like they need the Golladay kid to step up and produce. They do have Golden Tate, Jared Abbredaris, Keshawn Martin & Marvin Jones among others.

At RB they happen to have Ameer Abdullah, who they snatched from our crosshairs in the draft that allowed us to "settle" for DJ.