Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game One: Arizona at Detroit

Lions are favored by 2 points.

Cardinals Money line all day baby.No way we losing to the Lions.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post
    Lions are favored by 2 points.

Cardinals Money line all day baby.No way we losing to the Lions.
    If nothing drastic develops I bet that changes to "pick 'em"
    by September.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I'm not much of a power rankings fan, but these rank the O and D separately and seem to be somewhat realistic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ses-post-draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ses-post-draft

Careful with the forecasts, guys and gals! For the last 6 years, Detroit is 5-1 at opening season games. Coach-poor and talent-poor teams don't do that. The Lions in recent years may have surprised teams. Maybe due to opponents over-confidence because of Detroits legendary 0-16 record a few years back. Detroit is prepared to play and win on day 1, at least this decade.

Beware of the kitty, BA!

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Careful with the forecasts, guys and gals! For the last 6 years, Detroit is 5-1 at opening season games.
    Come on PUTMIEN, don't give us things to worry about.

I looked it up. We were 4-2 in the same time period. Close, but then again, its an away game.

Either way, Detroit will be a good barometer to show us where we are are at. We don't have to win it, but if we look poorly, its gonna be a long year. I'm hoping for the best....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    I agree with this. While Detroit's WR group isn't the best, it probably, Larry aside is pretty similar to the Cards WR group. What would worry me is their Tight End. Eric Ebron may not have lived up to draft expectations, but he is still a pretty solid TE. The Cards in the last few years have really struggled against Tight Ends. It seems without checking, that pretty much every Tight End has his best game of the season, when he plays the Cardinals.
    If the Cards are starting two rookies in the middle of the LBs (Reddick) and the Safety area (Baker), then they could be looking to exploit the inexperience, and could probably feast on it. That's if BA lets them both loose game 1, which in the past he seems extra reluctant to do with rookies. If there are other starters at MLB and Safety, then the Lions will still look to exploit this traditionally weak area.

On their D, I am a massive fan of Ziggy Ansah. He was my pick for DROY his first year. The left hand side of the Cards line will have its work cut out dealing with him. And if the Centre spot is still not up to scratch, he can exploit through the middle too.

If the Cards can get a win up there, it will be a massive boost. I am less worried about the trip to Indy, as I believe Andrew Luck's salary has cut the talent on both sides of their roster. They still have some excellent talent, but they have more holes IMO than the Lions do. 1-1 is very do-able in the first two games. 2-0 will set the Cards up fantastically.
    Eric Ebron was pretty productive for them last season. 61 receptions for a little over 700 yards. Don't forget, they also picked up.....Darren Fells.
    Another thing to mull is Ameer Abdullah. The guy has been hurt and not played much at all. But it sounds like he'll be ready to rock barring another injury in preseason or camp. The guy was very highly touted in that draft and I'd really hate to see him demonstrate that it wasn't all hype. Darren Fells could play a key role in blocking for both Ebron and Abdullah, so...yeah.
    Last edited by CardCore; 06-28-2017 at 10:53 PM.

More to consider:

A big factor in this game will be how our D line, without CC, does against their Oline...without Taylor Decker. Also... The Lions spent a LOT of resources upgrading their O line, picking up a pure RT, Rick Wagner from the Ravens, and G TJ Lang from the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Eric Ebron was pretty productive for them last season. 61 receptions for a little over 700 yards. Don't forget, they also picked up.....Darren Fells.
    Another thing to mull is Ameer Abdullah. The guy has been hurt and not played much at all. But it sounds like he'll be ready to rock barring another injury in preseason or camp. The guy was very highly touted in that draft and I'd really hate to see him demonstrate that it wasn't all hype. Darren Fells could play a key role in blocking for both Ebron and Abdullah, so...yeah.
    Yeah I love watching the BIG10 so was fully on board the Fear Ameer bandwagon. If he is healthy then he will be a massive weapon for them.
    Tough game, and only just over 2 months away. Woo hoo. Not long now.
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians

You're thinking we lose to Cowboys and @ Eagles?
    Those are the 2 games that concern me. Even at @ Rams in London, I have no idea what to expect. If we lose one to the Colts, by being on the road a long time, I think we would bounce back against the Cowboys.

More to consider:

A big factor in this game will be how our D line, without CC, does against their Oline...without Taylor Decker. Also... The Lions spent a LOT of resources upgrading their O line, picking up a pure RT, Rick Wagner from the Ravens, and G TJ Lang from the Packers.
    And I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that our new and improved kicking game will be a huge factor, one way or another. If it really is new and improved and simply displays middle-of-the-road competence that will be a huge plus. If it is still in 2016 form we will have a lot of frowny faces here the Monday after. The two teams are certainly evenly matched enough on offense and defense to allow a lousy kicking game to tilt the balance. Hey, did I just solve the riddle of everyone still wondering how a team with "all that talent" can go 7-8-1, even though it ain't that difficult? What am I, a genius?