Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bring back proven or test unproven?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    256

    Default Bring back proven or test unproven?

    Last season wr drops hurt us, luckily david johnson managed to stay nearly healthy all season but lets be honest after seing him go down in the rams game i started to worry about overworking him next season. With that said i feel like bringin back anquan boldin and chris johnson back would take those concerns at ease..
    Our wrs werent to good last year especially compared to the year before. Fitz and nelson played great, but floyd decided to celebrate a lil early before his contract season and got cut, john brown was ill and jaron injured. This year we got this chad williams kid but who knows how he will pan out. What if its like the williams kid the year before, wasnt too good. Anquan boldin has great hands, is dependable, him and fitz are one heck of a wr duo and still can be. Heck i bet boldin can even line up as a tight end and dominate! 3rd down machine and clutch playmaker!!
    If BA intends to work DJ like he did, then injury will happen, he is human! With that said we need a rb who can continue to nearly make as much plays as DJ can. No running back on our roster now is capable and some still need to be seen. CJ despite past injuries and getting older he is still a playmaker that can disrupt a defense. I wouldnt want to not have him on the roster because he doesnt play on special teams. I think using him in combimation with dj would be great!(most of the touches going to dj of course) playmakers will always make plays, no matter their age!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Last season wr drops hurt us, luckily david johnson managed to stay nearly healthy all season but lets be honest after seing him go down in the rams game i started to worry about overworking him next season. With that said i feel like bringin back anquan boldin and chris johnson back would take those concerns at ease..
    Our wrs werent to good last year especially compared to the year before. Fitz and nelson played great, but floyd decided to celebrate a lil early before his contract season and got cut, john brown was ill and jaron injured. This year we got this chad williams kid but who knows how he will pan out. What if its like the williams kid the year before, wasnt too good. Anquan boldin has great hands, is dependable, him and fitz are one heck of a wr duo and still can be. Heck i bet boldin can even line up as a tight end and dominate! 3rd down machine and clutch playmaker!!
    If BA intends to work DJ like he did, then injury will happen, he is human! With that said we need a rb who can continue to nearly make as much plays as DJ can. No running back on our roster now is capable and some still need to be seen. CJ despite past injuries and getting older he is still a playmaker that can disrupt a defense. I wouldnt want to not have him on the roster because he doesnt play on special teams. I think using him in combimation with dj would be great!(most of the touches going to dj of course) playmakers will always make plays, no matter their age!!
    Well, Nelson has a productive year under his belt ; the Browns are back and we've invested in the future -ergo, we don't need a blast from the past taking targets
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Illinois
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I like both of these guys. As Cardinals, they both played extremely well for us. Personaly, I think they both still have enough left that they could make a significant contribution.

    Having said that. If we were to sign one or both of them would mean we would have to cut two players that are maybe not proven, but have arguably shown enough that they are/can be the future. It's a tough call.

    For me, and at this point in time, I would wait.

    Lets see how preseason plays out. We will know a little more about the newer guys ( and if John Brown is truly back ) and see if we have injuries.

    Sure they might be gone by that time, but all things considered, I think its best to wait and see if we really need them.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Chris Johnson is not known for his recieving skills....I actually think it's the weakest part of his game so to bring him in based on his receiving skills is a stretch. AE brings more to the table as a receiver out of the back field than CJ. Of course teams know that when AE is in....he's either blocking or running a route out of the backfield.

    I have always respected Boldin's game and toughness but have to think with all of our WRs coming back healthy plus the new recruits leaves us set at that position. It's really up to Carson to get the ball to them this year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    I don't think the Cards have any interest in Boldin. I'm not sure Boldin would have any interest in the Cards. Not the way they parted company.

    I don't look for CJ to be brought back until some time in training camp. If then. I think the Cards want to see what they have in Penny. The guy is intriguing. Big. Fast and a load. from what I have seen last year the guy can also catch. He isn't DJ, but few are. We might be able to get by with him for a game or two this year if we had to. I think he is the wild card in the RB room. I can see him developing into DJ'd caddy down the road.

    I don't see AE making the team this year. More likely to be traded sometime during training camp. The guy is just not a good RB. Too many negative yards plays when he is in running the ball.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Anquan will be turning 37 in October.

    I watched him a few times last season and he looked like a shell of his former self.

    His stats for last season show clearly that he wasn't at 100% or that he should call it good.

    16 games 67 receptions 584 yards 8.7 avg.

    Avg. since 2011:

    2011-15.6
    2012-14.2
    2013-13.9
    2014-12.8
    2015-11.4
    2016-8.7

    That's 6 years in a row of declining production and falling off a cliff last season.

    Father time doesn't discriminate. He's had an awesome career, even won a SB.

    Clinging to memories of what he was and wanting it to never end doesn't change anything. Let it go.
    Last edited by CardCore; 06-29-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Anquan will be turning 37 in October.

    I watched him a few times last season and he looked like a shell of his former self.

    His stats for last season show clearly that he wasn't at 100% or that he should call it good.

    16 games 67 receptions 584 yards 8.7 avg.

    Avg. since 2011:

    2011-15.6
    2012-14.2
    2013-13.9
    2014-12.8
    2015-11.4
    2016-8.7

    That's 6 years in a row of declining production and falling off a cliff last season.

    Father time doesn't discriminate. He's had an awesome career, even won a SB.

    Clinging to memories of what he was and wanting it to never end doesn't change anything. Let it go.

    We dont need boldin to put up numbers like he used to. He can make clutch plays and is a stud at 3rd down conversions.
    chris johnson actually is a pretty good receiver and yac.(look at the sf game his first year where it looked like he was going out of bounds and made a quick cut for additional yardage!!amazing! Fitz may of stole that move from him when we played gb)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    We dont need boldin to put up numbers like he used to. He can make clutch plays and is a stud at 3rd down conversions.
    chris johnson actually is a pretty good receiver and yac.(look at the sf game his first year where it looked like he was going out of bounds and made a quick cut for additional yardage!!amazing! Fitz may of stole that move from him when we played gb)
    Then I guess count me among those who prefer the idea of testing the unproven. As far as Boldin at least. I have no problem with seeing CJ contributing, but I wouldn't see him being a big factor if DJ is healthy. I like Kerwynn a lot also.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •