Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabbert vs Stanton

Default Gabbert vs Stanton

Two things about the signing of Gabbert. One I don't think SK has any faith in Stanton over the long haul if Palmer should go down. He also know Stanton isn't the QBOF so we all know he is still looking for that elusive piece to the puzzle. The other is. SK has nothing to loose with Gabbert. If he doesn't make it SK gave it a shot. If he turns out to be a bridge QB or the QBOF it's a win win for SK, and he has solved the puzzle for at least a couple of years if not longer.

Personally I think if given a decent shot he beats Stanton out for the #2 spot. Stanton is nothing special, and never has been. He was just one of BA's boys on another team.

i`ll take BG over Stanton any day everyday for the back up role ..but that is as far as it goes
    The Big A era begins

If Gabbert can't get out of the dink-n-dunk mode he fell into with the 9ers before he was benched? He won't make this team, period.

I think he can do it though.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

We will see but Stanton is not worth the contract
    "It's OUR Time"

Reading what Kyle stated when he talked to Mr. Bidwell regarding Gabbett, it is my opinion that the organization knows what they have in Blain, now and for the future. It has been said over and over again that Gabbett has all the tools to be successful as a starting QB especially playing on a good team that has not been his good fortune until now.

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    I'm with this. The decision making process in the front office is months or years ahead of the public realization. They've been following all the players since they were in high school, and know all of the background of the situations they have been placed in over that period. The social media perception of Gabbert as a joke is not held by those earning a living in the league. Never has been. The two media guys in Jacksonville who are closest to the team (both former NFL players), Tony Boselli and Jeff Lagerman, are both big Gabbert fans. They were shocked when he was traded (although they did say it was better for him to get out because the fans had turned against him), and neither thinks Blake Bortles is a better QB than Blaine.
    Source(s) please to support your contention that Gabbert "as a joke is not held by those earning a living in the league." Also, did Tony Boselli and Jeff Lagerman post any comments that 'they were shocked when he was traded' and "neither thinks Blake Bortels is a a better QB than Blaine."

A legit source/link to those assertions would go a long way to bolster your case and lend credence to your strong advocacy of Gabbert.

If not, it is OK to have your personal opinion that Gabbert is the Second Coming. Just leave it as your personal opinion without embellishments.

I'm just glad to see BASK churn the roster and bring in guys to compete for not only the QB position but other positions as well. I've had my fingers crossed for the last half-dozen or so practice squad QBs and I'll do the same for Gabbert. I'm even ready to see Stanton up his game (if even possible) and fend off any newcomers

Robert Ethan I'm appreciating your enthusiasm, knowledge and insights on BG. Noticed you're a new member...do you have a background as a BG, Jax or SF fan?

I've followed Blaine ever since he was at the Zoo. I grew up in Missouri and always followed the Tigers. Blaine has all the tools to be successful. Big arm fast and can read a defense. Even knows when to put touch on the ball, and can drive the ball on those out patterns. Will play hurt as he did his whole soph year. The two things that stand out from his time at the zoo was, ball gets to the receivers faster than they expect. He throws a nice catchable ball but a lot of time until the receivers are used to him the ball hits them in the grill because they don't get their hands up fast enough. The other thing is his scouting report is almost identical to Palmers. Get pressure up the middle. Make him move off his spot. Hit him early and often and he starts hearing footsteps. The kid is not a woose, and will play hurt. He will also revert to dink and dunk if the pressure is always there. Of course Montana had a pretty good career in a dink and dunk offense.

This is his first time since he has been in the league where he actually has a decent team around him. He doesn't have to be the savior as he was looked on in Jacksonville. If give a little time in the pocket I think he could be the Cards next QB after Palmer hangs it up. With a complete team around him I think he could become a winner. At least get you to the playoffs. From there it's a crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    SK has nothing to loose with Gabbert. If he doesn't make it SK gave it a shot.
    Could of gave it a shot with a talented backup like Kaepernick.

SK and Mike missing a chance to be leaders, acting cowardly, like the rest of the League in this regard.
    No more Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by The What? View Post
    Could of gave it a shot with a talented backup like Kaepernick.

SK and Mike missing a chance to be leaders, acting cowardly, like the rest of the League in this regard.
    The money Kaep wants means it wouldn't be a "nothing to lose" proposition. Plus he's not a fit in our offense and all the other reasons that have been listed over and over on here threads...