Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Gabbert vs Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Two teams coming in at 1-3, but one was expected to be 1-3 and the other 3-1 or 4-0.

Gabbert struck first and I felt a sick feeling in my stomach, but eventually DJ being DJ and Fitz being Fitz and our superior defense won the day. DJ and Fitz accounted for 111 of Stanton's 124 yards. Stanton only completed 11 of 28 passes against that horrible defense! DJ doubled Hyde's work on the ground. Gabbert ran for 70/1 TD vs Stanton's -2. The 49 ST sucked instead of ours which was nice, as they fumbled away a KR while Catman hit everything. Our defense provided turnovers, the 49ers did not. And it was still a tense, 1 score game at the beginning of the 4th Q.

In the end, we had the better team, but they had the better QB.
    Pretty much said all my thoughts here. Stanton hasn't ever really impressed me. Eve that season when Palmer blew out his leg yeah we won games but not through the air. It was our insane D that year that kept us rolling.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    BA knows IMO what he has in Gabbert. Gabbert will need time, just as Palmer did to learn BA's offense. Arians will keep Stanton as insurance to run the offense in case Palmer is injured. In my opinion BA will keep all three QB's.
    Do you have all three on the starting roster?

Who do you put on the practice squad? CP and BG on the 53 man roster? Or CP and DS with Gabbert on the practice squad?

If Gabbert shows enough to BASK, I can see Stanton being released. Not sure if DS would want to sign with another team or if another team would want to sign him. DS has made some insane money for being a backup and could retire and live happily ever after here in the Valley. If so, he would not be on the roster but in the event Palmer went down and Gabbert wasn't ready, Stanton would be out there to be resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post

Who do you put on the practice squad? CP and BG on the 53 man roster? Or CP and DS with Gabbert on the practice squad?

If Gabbert shows enough to BASK, I can see Stanton being released. Not sure if DS would want to sign with another team or if another team would want to sign him. DS has made some insane money for being a backup and could retire and live happily ever after here in the Valley. If so, he would not be on the roster but in the event Palmer went down and Gabbert wasn't ready, Stanton would be out there to be resigned.
    Neither Gabbert or Stanton can be put on the Practice Squad, only Knight can go there.

And I believe that BG knows he has a real shot here to stick. Stanton's contract is up at the end of the season. And I think even he knows his replacement is already here.

As for this:
    PalmerCardinal wrote: However, I question the toughness. And it's solely based on JP's info from his rookie year. But he has had some time to mature. Back then, he didn't like to get hit and cut plays short when in trouble an dumped the ball early. Also, has questionable leadership with regard to team concept.
    It's really out dated info. And impo has little merit any more.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post

None of them can go on the Practice squad.