Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabbert vs Stanton

what I heard (no link and I don't have acne) is that Gabbert looks the part in practice but come game time he's too uptight. His ball tends to sail (like Palmer in the playoffs). He clearly has the tools to succeed but so does Derek Anderson (doesn't have the brain).
    Lets see if good coaching can help this kid. It would be a great story and a tribute to BA (the QB guru who had Manning, roethlesberger and Andrew luck fall in his lap).
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

You know. Before you jump on the CK band wagon you might want to read what a lot of GM's and scouts are saying about CK now. The guy is a train wreck, and all the years he has been in the league he has never learned how to read a defense. He isn't on a team now because of his stance. It's simply the fact he isn't really all that good. Plus the money he want.

Quote Originally Posted by The What? View Post
    Could of gave it a shot with a talented backup like Kaepernick.

SK and Mike missing a chance to be leaders, acting cowardly, like the rest of the League in this regard.
    From Profootballtalk:

So far, Kaepernick has stayed largely quiet about his future in the NFL. Although he has an active social media presence, his posts are almost exclusively about subjects other than football. Lynch said he believes Kaepernick does have a future, but that other teams want to hear Kaepernick say how much he wants to play.

I would tell you with my conversations with Colin, he is fully committed to wanting to be in this league, Lynch said. I gave that opinion to Colin myself: I think you are having a little bit of an image crisis in terms of, not so much what you did last year, but people are wondering: Is this most important to you? At a position where the guys who succeed at the position are the guys who live it, breathe it, the CEOs at that position. And I think there is a perception that football is not at the top of the list.

Kaepernick has done a lot this offseason to help causes he cares about. He hasnt done a lot to help his own cause of getting another shot at playing in the NFL.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    From Profootballtalk:

So far, Kaepernick has stayed largely quiet about his future in the NFL. Although he has an active social media presence, his posts are almost exclusively about subjects other than football. Lynch said he believes Kaepernick does have a future, but that other teams want to hear Kaepernick say how much he wants to play.

“I would tell you with my conversations with Colin, he is fully committed to wanting to be in this league,” Lynch said. “I gave that opinion to Colin myself: ‘I think you are having a little bit of an image crisis in terms of, not so much what you did last year, but people are wondering: Is this most important to you?’ At a position where the guys who succeed at the position are the guys who live it, breathe it, the CEOs at that position. And I think there is a perception that football is not at the top of the list.”

Kaepernick has done a lot this offseason to help causes he cares about. He hasn’t done a lot to help his own cause of getting another shot at playing in the NFL.
    I think Lynch is right in his support of CK and also his clarity on CK's choices. As An NFL GM, if I was one, I would not pay $8M-$10M for a QB that was half-interested in his employer's investments. I think Colin's silence on his NFL future is exactly why no other GM has endorsed CK as a QB. His off-field cause is endorsed by some football executives as patriots but not as employers.

Back to topic...

Quote Originally Posted by The What? View Post
    Could of gave it a shot with a talented backup like Kaepernick.

SK and Mike missing a chance to be leaders, acting cowardly, like the rest of the League in this regard.
    What a bad post this is.

"Missing a s chance to be leaders" what a bunch of baloney. "acting cowardly" down right ridiculous.

I don't agree with much of what Itancan posts most of the time, but like him I too am from Missouri and follow Mizzou. Gabbert is a world better fit for the Cardinals team than Colin Kapernick (even in his Prime with SF during their SB run) could Ever be here.

Kapernick would become Logan Thomas II Project if he would have been signed for a "reasonable" contract to this team. Thank God Colin Kapernick was Not signed to this team. And Thank God, Micheal Bidwill, Steve Keim and Bruce Arians have the Good sense Not to succumb to idiotic tendencies that some Cardinal fans have.

JosEPh

This signing of Gabbert, is kinda similar to Warner. Both entered into teams with good offensive minded coaches in Green/Arians, took a lot of krap for sucking in mid career. Gabbert now is on a good team and is clicking with the verbage and football IQ stuff, playbook. Some added confidence has been known to transform,like a change of scenery. We'll find out but somehow it feels like that qb nobody cared about and will be kicking themselves.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    This signing of Gabbert, is kinda similar to Warner. Both entered into teams with good offensive minded coaches in Green/Arians, took a lot of krap for sucking in mid career. Gabbert now is on a good team and is clicking with the verbage and football IQ stuff, playbook. Some added confidence has been known to transform,like a change of scenery. We'll find out but somehow it feels like that qb nobody cared about and will be kicking themselves.
    Umm...Warner was 40-19 with winning records for both the Rams and Giants and Super Bowls before coming here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Umm...Warner was 40-19 with winning records for both the Rams and Giants and Super Bowls before coming here...
    Gabbert and Warner have zero in common coming here. KW, while briefly struggling in NY, had already been an all pro and led the Rams to the Super bowl.

Gabbert is purely a project. It's more likely he not make it. He could just be a Mark Sanchez bouncing around a bunch of teams before being given up on. I hope not but lets be realistic here.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Kurt was older than Gabbert is now before he made his first NFL start. That's a bit mind boggling. Blaine has 40 starts. Steve Young, another HOF QB, didn't make his 40th NFL start until he was 31, 4 years older than Gabbert is now.
    Yes it is. Crazy how some people are writing the guy off. I think Gabbert is in the perfect situation for him here in AZ. A year learning the offense behind a pro like Palmer and showing what he has to BA and Keim. I doubt Palmer plays 2018. If he does, Gabbert is a play away from a shot at heading up a powerful offense backed by a strong defense.

Every player who strives to make it in the pro ranks, be it NFL football or any other sport, does so on his own merits and ability.

Comparing Gabbert to what others before him has done is irrelevant. How does it even count that Gabbert is a given age compared to what other QBs have accomplished? His stats are what counts and not his birthday relative to Warner or any other QB. If you need to compare, do so with his stats and his W-L record.

The key is what Gabbert is going to do (or not do) going forward. The key hurdle for him was getting signed to a roster going into preseason camp. BASK have taken a very low risk gamble by bringing Gabbert in for an audition.

He was 'written off' by two of the worst teams in the league and then as a FA QB---IN A QB HUNGRY LEAGUE---only drew interest from the QB desperate Cards. Even that fact has to be set aside as Gabbert has a chance to prove himself now to a third team.

We also need to be realistic about the talent level on the Cards team. This early in the new season, every fan base for every team looks at their roster as potential contenders to the throne. Cards have numerous questions---has anyone forgotten that we lost several key starters on D and that our two stars on our offense were both considering retirement? There are major questions with almost every aspect of this team. It is only going to take one or two units to fail to send the season down the tubes (think Special Team play, WRs last year)

Let's have some realistic expectations about both Gabbert and about the prospects for our team.