Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Hope Not

Default Let's Hope Not

I don't put a lot of weight in preseason analysis, but as for this one I'm really hoping it's wrong where we're concerned. Hate to see another QB circus.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...oUF?li=BBnba9I

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    I don't put a lot of weight in preseason analysis, but as for this one I'm really hoping it's wrong where we're concerned. Hate to see another QB circus.

If you know the NFL you recognize this as one of those articles written by a guy who doesn't know teams individually, just in general. Palmer was one of the least of our problems last year, and looked better towards the end of the season than the beginning. Opposite of what you'd think for an old QB in decline.

Any QB would have a bad year when 3 of their top 4 WRs going into the season were either injured or playing through an alcohol problem, and then their Oline changed configurations 14 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    If you know the NFL you recognize this as one of those articles written by a guy who doesn't know teams individually, just in general. Palmer was one of the least of our problems last year, and looked better towards the end of the season than the beginning. Opposite of what you'd think for an old QB in decline.

Any QB would have a bad year when 3 of their top 4 WRs going into the season were either injured or playing through an alcohol problem, and then their Oline changed configurations 14 times.

Good post 'heat and thanks for helping me try and stay a little more optimistic. While giving BA the benefit of the doubt as usual, I just can't help feel a bit concerned going into the season with two failed starters behind an aging QB in decline.

You guys crack me up. The guy has a valid point. Palmer regressed last year. Well didn't regress so much as play to his norms through out his career. 2015 was Palmers greatest year EVER ! 2016 was more to what he has done through out his career. Palmer is a good QB. He has never been elite. It all starts with the QB, and right now ours is very old.

This team is full of question marks Not just QB play but play in every area. We lost a lot on defense. We lost 5 starters. It's going to take a while to see if our D is still one of the best in the NFL. Personally I think it's going to come in middle of the pack for this year. Can it get off the field on 3rd down ? Then the question is....can our O score enough to over come our D. That a BIG IF for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    You guys crack me up. The guy has a valid point. Palmer regressed last year. Well didn't regress so much as play to his norms through out his career. 2015 was Palmers greatest year EVER ! 2016 was more to what he has done through out his career. Palmer is a good QB. He has never been elite. It all starts with the QB, and right now ours is very old.

This team is full of question marks Not just QB play but play in every area. We lost a lot on defense. We lost 5 starters. It's going to take a while to see if our D is still one of the best in the NFL. Personally I think it's going to come in middle of the pack for this year. Can it get off the field on 3rd down ? Then the question is....can our O score enough to over come our D. That a BIG IF for me right now.
    Not sure what cracks you up, but I agree with much of what you said about Palmer and the question you raise. And also that it all starts with the QB which is where my biggest concern is. If our offense can put up points without too many three and outs then I think our defense will be fine, it would just be a matter of staying healthy. If they have to spend too much time on the field I think we're screwed big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post

My point wasn't that we shouldn't be concerned. I'm concerned about our losses on defense, our CB2 still not addressed, a huge loss in CC and how that will show up, depth at RB, and our Oline at RG, C, and the switch in sides for Veldheer and Humphries. I'm concerned about our ST until I see improvement on the field from the disaster last year.

I'm just saying CP was the least of our problems last year. He played to his norms because that's what he does when he isn't protected. That's what pocket passers do. Protect him and I'm not worried about CP a bit. And with Gabbert it's my opinion our depth in the QB room will be better this year than last.

Just hold off until the Sports Illustrated NFL preview issue comes out. They had the Cardinals at 5-11 when they went 13-3, then slobbered over them last year as a SB team followed by the 7-8-1 bumbling mess. So let's keep our fingers crossed for those geniuses to say 4-12 and give us hope.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Just hold off until the Sports Illustrated NFL preview issue comes out. They had the Cardinals at 5-11 when they went 13-3, then slobbered over them last year as a SB team followed by the 7-8-1 bumbling mess. So let's keep our fingers crossed for those geniuses to say 4-12 and give us hope.
    By the metrics, the '16 Cardinals were a Super Bowl contender. Just shows how a disastrous ST unit can submarine a team with one of the deepest and most talented rosters in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post

Interesting article and lead photo. And entirely misleading. The game-winning QB is not in this picture. Cards shocked Hawks at SEA that day, 34-31. Later in the text, Carson Palmer is all washed up.

Fake sports news? Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Interesting article and lead photo. And entirely misleading. The game-winning QB is not in this picture. Cards shocked Hawks at SEA that day, 34-31. Later in the text, Carson Palmer is all washed up.

Fake sports news? Nuts.
    Say what you will about Seattle and AZ, Wilson and Palmer, but Palmer has mostly owned Seattle as a QB for AZ.