Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arizona the most turned over roster this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    The Cards were renting space in Chicago, St-Louis and Phoenix until prop 302 and the resulting new stadium. Bowtie never had the resources to compete with big boys. If he wasn't a fan, he would have taken the money from Toronto before moving to the desert.
    whats this-didnt have the resources gibberish?

all owners have everything they need to do what ever they want. Thats just a made up gossip story line.
    in reality, none of the owners give a **** who wins. They all profit anyway. People all over America are still dumb enough to pay hundreds of dollars
    to go watch losing teams

Quote Originally Posted by football View Post

all owners have everything they need to do what ever they want. Thats just a made up gossip story line.
    in reality, none of the owners give a **** who wins. They all profit anyway. People all over America are still dumb enough to pay hundreds of dollars
    to go watch losing teams
    You're confusing the present state of the NFL with what it was prior.

Try to keep up!
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Hear, hear, 'Crazy-Canuck,' your replies are good short-versions. There's always more to the story and new and recent fans must take into account we're talking about an original NFL franchise. That's a lot of history over the decades in three cities and their fanbases and circumstances.

Valley fans are reaping the rewards now of the Cardinals' longest stretch of real competitiveness and success under MB and SKBA in their history. Afterall, BA should be our winningest HC all-time before seasons' end.

Buckle-up, mouseketeers, starting Friday this season could be a memorable one. Count me in as a glass half-full fan. Unlike the '08 season which ended up in SB XLIII, this one is beginning with title aspirations just like last year. Rock on...

This is the true ALL OR NOTHING year!

to go watch losing teams
    Having the money to do what you want and having the same management skills that other people with the same money skills have are two different things. I suspect the owner of the Redskins wants to win just as badly as Bob Kraft.

People all over America are dumb enough to pay thousands of dollars to watch winning teams. I'm not sure that's smarter than spending 100's to watch a losing team. Generally whatever I spend to go to an NFL game, I usually see one team win and one team lose. Of course last year I did see a tie. As far as value, I generally don't feel dumb for spending money on an NFL game. I usually enjoy it. What makes me feel dumb is paying for the parking when I'm trying to get out of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    You're confusing the present state of the NFL with what it was prior.

Try to keep up!
    what? 60 years ago? im not confusing anything. Owners have always had more than enough cash. Again, anything you read in the paper was bull.

i'm a critical thinking 52 year old man with miles of wisdom. I'm miles ahead of any knowledge you think you possess.

Having the money to do what you want and having the same management skills that other people with the same money skills have are two different things
    its a made up story. They knew exactly what they were doing.. I already said so in my original thought. Owners dont care about winning. they never have. they dont have to
    Last edited by football; 07-18-2017 at 01:19 AM.

what? 60 years ago? im not confusing anything. Owners have always had more than enough cash. Again, anything you read in the paper was bull.

i'm a critical thinking 52 year old man with miles of wisdom. I'm miles ahead of any knowledge you think you possess.

its a made up story. They knew exactly what they were doing.. I already said so in my original thought. Owners dont care about winning. they never have. they dont have to
    The NFL is designed to make good teams weaker and bad teams stronger. The reality is it doesn't really work. Some owners are smarter than other owners. Some owners are more committed to winning than other owners. Some owners have a clue how to manage their teams others don't. What the NFL has really done is watered down the product and reduced continuity and excellence in order to spread the talent and make the league more competitive. That doesn't mean owners aren't motivated by more than money. Most of them want to win. Some of them even know how to do it and do it.

You can't ignore the underlying value of a franchise. Winning franchises while sharing revenue don't have equal value to losing franchises. Amazingly the Pats ranked No. 2 ahead of the Giants in franchise value. Think about that. The Pats entire market used to be owned by the Giants and now the Pats have taken market share in Southern New England where most of the population is considered Suburban NYC. Winning matters for owners. Winning is good for franchise values. These teams are now worth in the billions. You can't just focus on revenue. There's a reason the Packers are worth substantially more than the Bengals who play in a much larger market.
    Last edited by Biggs; 07-18-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Well, ladies and gentleman, I introduce you to the latest in a long line of self-described geniuses who show up from time-to-time.

I'm betting you don't know the difference between critical thinking and criticism and the truly wise never declare their wisdom.

Get ready, one-and-all, for a lot of, "I don't care what anybody says... blah, blah..." and other assorted brain farts!
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 07-18-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    The NFL is designed to make good teams weaker and bad teams stronger. The reality is it doesn't really work. Some owners are smarter than other owners. Some owners are more committed to winning than other owners. Some owners have a clue how to manage their teams others don't. What the NFL has really done is watered down the product and reduced continuity and excellence in order to spread the talent and make the league more competitive. That doesn't mean owners aren't motivated by more than money. Most of them want to win. Some of them even know how to do it and do it.

You can't ignore the underlying value of a franchise. Winning franchises while sharing revenue don't have equal value to losing franchises. Amazingly the Pats ranked No. 2 ahead of the Giants in franchise value. Think about that. The Pats entire market used to be owned by the Giants and now the Pats have taken market share in Southern New England where most of the population is considered Suburban NYC. Winning matters for owners. Winning is good for franchise values. These teams are now worth in the billions. You can't just focus on revenue. There's a reason the Packers are worth substantially more than the Bengals who play in a much larger market.
    Exactly right.

And it is true that some owners might not care about winning as much as they care about being able to go to their ritzy social gathering and exclaiming "I own the so-and-so." But yeah to say NO owners care about winning is pure garbage. The smart owners (most) know that increases to the W's also increases the $.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 07-18-2017 at 01:51 PM.

I have never been one to make excuses for millionaires failures.

Bidwill Sr is no exception.

Back on topic.

This is concerning and why I put zero stock in where our O and D finished last season (Top 10). We are not the same team.

Granted, we could be better but we can also be worse.

In 4 days the new team starts their journey and we will start to find out.

PS. I said months ago that Darnold would probably stay for his Sr. year and that people were over playing their hand on a future QB class. Happens every year when you don't have a QBOTF.
    Last edited by native az; 07-18-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.