Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona the most turned over roster this year.

Default Arizona the most turned over roster this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...er-nfl-rosters

I guess we should be careful of lofty views on this season and it makes sense. I do believe a special season is possible but it's also possible to have that dreadful season as well. I guess we will find out soon. I like what we done in the off season in the draft but not a big fan of what we did in free agency other then the PK. I am hoping for the great season but in reality there is reason for concern.

There is now talk that Darnold may not enter the nfl draft after this season. With that said I feel they might make a serious move to land a Qb that can lead this team if Palmer has a bad season or retires. I do believe our best chance at a successful season rests on the performance of the oline, better performance from key players from last season that didn't do so well and that dline and number two cb and getting off the field early with our defense is key.

Well either way I am looking forward to the 2017 season hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 07-07-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...er-nfl-rosters

I guess we should be careful of lofty views on this season and it makes sense. I do believe a special season is possible but it's also possible to have that dreadful season as well. I guess we will find out soon. I like what we done in the off season in the draft but not a big fan of what we did in free agency other then the PK. I am hoping for the great season but in reality there is reason for concern.

There is now talk that Darnold may not enter the nfl draft after this season. With that said I feel they might make a serious move to land a Qb that can lead this team if Palmer has a bad season or retires. I do believe our best chance at a successful season rests on the performance of the oline, better performance from key players from last season that didn't do so well and that dline and number two cb and getting off the field early with our defense is key.

Well either way I am looking forward to the 2017 season hoping for the best.
    Agree that the season largely depends on the Oline. That's how it's been since we traded for Palmer. When he's kept upright and given time, he delivers.

The other thing that has bit us is injury, but there is not much you can do to plan for that beyond building depth on the roster, and Keim has done well with this.

My other big concerns going into the season are how we fill the hole left in the loss of CC, and whether the roster churn on special teams solves this problem that has existed throughout the BASK era (and really reared its ugly head last year). Was the problem personnel or coaching/scheme? We will find out.

As far as roster churn, that doesn't necessarily scare me so much outside of Oline. Oline's benefit from consistency of personnel. So do QB to WR connections, but we have pretty good consistency there. I'd remind everyone of one of the biggest roster churns in NFL if not sport history the year Keim took over as GM and BA was hired, which led to us going from being a 5 win team to a 10, 11, and 13 win team the next three seasons.

Im kind of looking forward to the post Palmer/Fitz rebuild years.

Not because itll be fun losing (we will suck). But itll just be interesting having new faces around. Kids to watch grow and become stars. Similar to the Suns.

Also like the Raiders. Im not a Raiders fan but its been really interesting watching them slowly piece together a phenomenal team the last 5 years. Draft by draft. Now they have a young core of superstars and look like superbowl contenders for a long time. I want that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Im kind of looking forward to the post Palmer/Fitz rebuild years.

You might be alone on this one lol
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post

You might be alone on this one lol
    Knowing that they are inevitable (and less than a year away), the choices are 1. Be optimistic. 2. dread them.

Might as well make the best of it.

Default PFF Rates Cards Pass Offense #6 in the NFL.

And this is coming off a season where the 2nd - 4th receivers were either hurt or playing drunk (John Brown -Sickle Cell Jaron Brown - ACL -- M. Floyd - knucklehead either dropping passes or running wrong routes in an offense he had 3 yrs experience in).

http://arizonasports.com/story/11683...assing-attack/

Key to me is RG --- either Boehm or Dorian Johnson must be provide functional guard play for this offense to be in the top 5-6 in the league. David Johnson could be another tier level better this year as he is eating much better and is more flexible -- looking for 2,500 total yards rushing/passing this year out of DJ.

I'm concerned about the D. A lot of questions on that side of the ball with all the defections. You just don't replace 5 defensive starters and not miss a beat. It's also like those 5 starters were chopped liver. You had 3 that were very good and two were average for their positions. Our two safties were rated in the top 5 in football. That's going to be a big loss. Then who replaces CC ? Minter was serviceable along with our #2 CB.

We can't go out there and have shoot outs every game. That to me doesn't bode for a winning season. People are going to have to step up. I'm just not sure they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Knowing that they are inevitable (and less than a year away), the choices are 1. Be optimistic. 2. dread them.

Might as well make the best of it.
    Actually, you weren't being optimistic about an eventual inevitability. You were "looking forward" to it. Small difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I'm concerned about the D. A lot of questions on that side of the ball with all the defections. You just don't replace 5 defensive starters and not miss a beat. It's also like those 5 starters were chopped liver. You had 3 that were very good and two were average for their positions. Our two safties were rated in the top 5 in football. That's going to be a big loss. Then who replaces CC ? Minter was serviceable along with our #2 CB.

We can't go out there and have shoot outs every game. That to me doesn't bode for a winning season. People are going to have to step up. I'm just not sure they will.
    Keim is prime time. He hasn't done anything but upgrade this team since he's been in charge. Have a little faith man.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post

The Cardinals lost 3 defensive starters. Campbell, Minter, Jefferson. Swearinger was a scrub picked up off the street once Branch was put on IR. I don't even know who the 5th guy you are referring to is. Okafor? Not a starter.

Everyone was more than adequately replaced except Campbell. You can't fault Keim for not giving $15M/yr to a 3-4 DE on the wrong side of 30. If you want to argue that CC should have been extended earlier, well the problem is- we don't know what offers were made or how they were received by CC and his agent.

You don't replace CC's production with one guy. The hope is that the rotation of DE's (Nkemdiche/Gunter/Mauro/Rucker/Stinson) can step up as part of their respective subpackages and get the job done.

Not worried about anyone else. Bethea is every bit the box safety and blitzer than Jefferson was. He has issues in coverage but won't be on the field in Nickel (that will be Baker's spot.) Dansby, even at his ripe age, is an upgrade in 2017 from Minter. Swearinger's production as an off-the-street pick-up, to me, speaks more about the Bettcher system and how it can make run-stuffing SS look good.

And the team is adding Daryl Washington (smoke-free) 2.0 in Haason Reddick, who is going to be all over the field. And Baker is badger-lite.

Not worried about the defense. Or the offense. Special Teams????? Yikes. Can only hope for the best and pray that the catastrophe was mostly due to the fact that the 5 best ST players all were injured last season. I have my worries there for sure, though.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 07-07-2017 at 03:24 PM.