Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona the most turned over roster this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    The Cardinals lost 3 defensive starters. Campbell, Minter, Jefferson. Swearinger was a scrub picked up off the street once Branch was put on IR. I don't even know who the 5th guy you are referring to is. Okafor? Not a starter.

Everyone was more than adequately replaced except Campbell. You can't fault Keim for not giving $15M/yr to a 3-4 DE on the wrong side of 30. If you want to argue that CC should have been extended earlier, well the problem is- we don't know what offers were made or how they were received by CC and his agent.

You don't replace CC's production with one guy. The hope is that the rotation of DE's (Nkemdiche/Gunter/Mauro/Rucker/Stinson) can step up as part of their respective subpackages and get the job done.

Not worried about anyone else. Bethea is every bit the box safety and blitzer than Jefferson was. He has issues in coverage but won't be on the field in Nickel (that will be Baker's spot.) Dansby, even at his ripe age, is an upgrade in 2017 from Minter. Swearinger's production as an off-the-street pick-up, to me, speaks more about the Bettcher system and how it can make run-stuffing SS look good.

And the team is adding Daryl Washington (smoke-free) 2.0 in Haason Reddick, who is going to be all over the field. And Baker is badger-lite.

Not worried about the defense. Or the offense. Special Teams????? Yikes. Can only hope for the best and pray that the catastrophe was mostly due to the fact that the 5 best ST players all were injured last season. I have my worries there for sure, though.
    Not Okafor but CB Marcus Cooper.

Forgot about Peters in the Rotation for D-line.

ST? Many hungry young hitters drafted or picked up as UDFAs. The motivation to play ST should at least be there this year. But ST is still the big "?", for now.

Overall agreed on the bulk of this post.

JosEPh

Yeah, it would be sweet to not be chewing my nails off every time we're in the transition game.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Not Okafor but CB Marcus Cooper.

Forgot about Peters in the Rotation for D-line.

ST? Many hungry young hitters drafted or picked up as UDFAs. The motivation to play ST should at least be there this year. But ST is still the big "?", for now.

Overall agreed on the bulk of this post.

JosEPh
    Bethel is the starter. Jenkins/Williams/Cooper were all plug-ins.

Didn't forget Peters. He's the NT in base. I only listed DE's.

The Cardinals lost 3 defensive starters. Campbell, Minter, Jefferson. Swearinger was a scrub picked up off the street once Branch was put on IR. I don't even know who the 5th guy you are referring to is. Okafor? Not a starter.

Everyone was more than adequately replaced except Campbell. You can't fault Keim for not giving $15M/yr to a 3-4 DE on the wrong side of 30. If you want to argue that CC should have been extended earlier, well the problem is- we don't know what offers were made or how they were received by CC and his agent.

You don't replace CC's production with one guy. The hope is that the rotation of DE's (Nkemdiche/Gunter/Mauro/Rucker/Stinson) can step up as part of their respective subpackages and get the job done.

Not worried about anyone else. Bethea is every bit the box safety and blitzer than Jefferson was. He has issues in coverage but won't be on the field in Nickel (that will be Baker's spot.) Dansby, even at his ripe age, is an upgrade in 2017 from Minter. Swearinger's production as an off-the-street pick-up, to me, speaks more about the Bettcher system and how it can make run-stuffing SS look good.

And the team is adding Daryl Washington (smoke-free) 2.0 in Haason Reddick, who is going to be all over the field. And Baker is badger-lite.

Not worried about the defense. Or the offense. Special Teams????? Yikes. Can only hope for the best and pray that the catastrophe was mostly due to the fact that the 5 best ST players all were injured last season. I have my worries there for sure, though.
    I agree with your thoughts regarding the defense! The offense should remain in the top 10 again this season as long as the injury bug stays away. My only real concern is who plays corner opposite Peterson.

Not really worried about safety and Reddick will be a stud and hopefully with Honey Badger at full speed the back half can actually be appreciably better -- though CB2 is a concern. I think Keim will bring in a vet = Cooper if Bethel and B. Williams don't show enough early in camp. Nkemdiche/Gunter with increased snaps need to negate the loss of CC... the potential is there but they must prove it.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 07-07-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    I agree with your thoughts regarding the defense! The offense should remain in the top 10 again this season as long as the injury bug stays away. My only real concern is who plays corner opposite Peterson.
    The way Bethel's situation has been handled just bothers me.
    In 2015 he's trying to really come into the CB picture instead of so much just ST, but he hurts his foot, and plays with it hurt most of the year.
    In Dec of 2015, he's signed to a 3 year 15 mil contract, 9 mil guaranteed.
    In the spring his foot gets worse so he gets surgery.

Then he plays in 2016, coming off surgery, knowing you need to be careful with that and was never 100% and gets beat up by Arians in the press.

Now? He's 100%... and renogiated.....and right when he finally has the opportunity to go in and start out playing at 100% for the first time in 3 years, if he plays really well....he becomes a FA.

I hope he has an awesome year. He was looking pretty darn good in the end of last season to me.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

With the high turnover, this is why I think this will be one of the more interesting years. There are so many new/old players to watch that may or may not step up. I'm talking about rookies, 2 or 3 year guys, and veterans.

The thing I'm most optimistic about...none are long shots to perform. Just our new kicker and punter should be all but a slam dunk.....at least from last year...

I agree with others, our offensive line is key.... for Palmer to perform... I actually feel pretty good about it. Yes its going to be different than last year, but I think we have enough talent to make it work. Keep in mind, we beat Seattle with a makeshift line last year, so the talent is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I'd remind everyone of one of the biggest roster churns in NFL if not sport history the year Keim took over as GM and BA was hired, which led to us going from being a 5 win team to a 10, 11, and 13 win team the next three seasons.
    I think this might be much like that first season with BASK. Mid season we were 4 and 4, at the end, we were 10 and 6. It took time for our team to gel. I could easily see that same thing happening this year.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I think this might be much like that first season with BASK. Mid season we were 4 and 4, at the end, we were 10 and 6. It took time for our team to gel. I could easily see that same thing happening this year.
    Could be. I have a hard time making predictions this year, after being so wrong last year and so much change this year. But this year's situation is vastly different from 2013, with a new GM, new coach, new QB, new guys up and down the coaching and player rosters. We were a former 5 win team without a few close ST-fueled losses to justify saying we were better than our record suggests. We were still throwing Levi out there at LT for goodness sake. New RB Mendenhall instead of DJ in his third year. No young fast WRs that BAs offense depends on. No Badger.

This year Bethea and Dansby are old vets who will be able to figure it out quick. Both led their teams in tackles last year. Palmer is in his fifth year in the offense. The War room and TE room are vets. The question marks for me is how long it takes for the Oline to gel and is the ST fixed? Those aren't nearly as big an uphill climb as what we faced in 2013.

Lions, colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs, Rams, and 49ers twice in the first half. I think we do better than 4-4 with that.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 07-07-2017 at 09:17 PM.

sometime you have to just ignore the obvious and root for you team,.. this is one of those years
    The Big A era begins

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...er-nfl-rosters

I guess we should be careful of lofty views on this season and it makes sense. I do believe a special season is possible but it's also possible to have that dreadful season as well. I guess we will find out soon. I like what we done in the off season in the draft but not a big fan of what we did in free agency other then the PK. I am hoping for the great season but in reality there is reason for concern.

There is now talk that Darnold may not enter the nfl draft after this season. With that said I feel they might make a serious move to land a Qb that can lead this team if Palmer has a bad season or retires. I do believe our best chance at a successful season rests on the performance of the oline, better performance from key players from last season that didn't do so well and that dline and number two cb and getting off the field early with our defense is key.

Well either way I am looking forward to the 2017 season hoping for the best.
    Im trying to be optimistic about it is well but the reality is Veldeer is coming off an season ending injury, Lupati is on the decline, and Shipley well is Shipley, The right side of the oline is still uncertain are they going to improve this season or are they capped, if their capped then the whole oline needs improvement with or without Palmer at the helm to be honest
    Last edited by CardsFan1212; 07-08-2017 at 11:15 AM.