Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona the most turned over roster this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Could be. I have a hard time making predictions this year, after being so wrong last year and so much change this year. But this year's situation is vastly different from 2013, with a new GM, new coach, new QB, new guys up and down the coaching and player rosters. We were a former 5 win team without a few close ST-fueled losses to justify saying we were better than our record suggests. We were still throwing Levi out there at LT for goodness sake. New RB Mendenhall instead of DJ in his third year. No young fast WRs that BAs offense depends on. No Badger.

This year Bethea and Dansby are old vets who will be able to figure it out quick. Both led their teams in tackles last year. Palmer is in his fifth year in the offense. The War room and TE room are vets. The question marks for me is how long it takes for the Oline to gel and is the ST fixed? Those aren't nearly as big an uphill climb as what we faced in 2013.

Lions, colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Bucs, Rams, and 49ers twice in the first half. I think we do better than 4-4 with that.
    As far as being "so wrong last year"? I see last year as being more of an anomaly. The special teams clearly lost 3 games (2 losses and a tie) and some would argue maybe more. Also some bad luck like the replay not available on the CP pass ruled a fumble. Losing CP in the Rams game to the concussion and Stanton couldn't do squat to finish the game. I think the frustration from some of that early may have led to more frustration. Flip that around and we have a 10-11 win team that was playing very well at the end of the season. I think it was just one of those years. And that they will rebound well this year.

But I tend to be more optimistic than most here. Probably because I haven't been a fan since the 60's. So I have an excuse to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerCardinal View Post
    <snip>

But I tend to be more optimistic than most here. Probably because I haven't been a fan since the 60's. So I have an excuse to be optimistic.
    Some of us from the 60's are still optimistic and have not become "realists" which is just a name for jaded.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Some of us from the 60's are still optimistic and have not become "realists" which is just a name for jaded.

JosEPh
    The way I personally look at our team is PRE(?) or POST(?) University of Phoenix Stadium. This team was on life support until the passing of prop 302.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    The way I personally look at our team is PRE(?) or POST(?) University of Phoenix Stadium. This team was on life support until the passing of prop 302.
    The turn was when old history professor William Bidwill handed the reins over to a family member who was an actual Cardinals fan. Then things started happening, starting with U of P.

The Cards will be fine this year. Seattle, while still good,definitely wont get to another SB. Cards will be in playoffs even if just in by a wildcard

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerCardinal View Post
    As far as being "so wrong last year"? I see last year as being more of an anomaly. The special teams clearly lost 3 games (2 losses and a tie) and some would argue maybe more. Also some bad luck like the replay not available on the CP pass ruled a fumble. Losing CP in the Rams game to the concussion and Stanton couldn't do squat to finish the game. I think the frustration from some of that early may have led to more frustration. Flip that around and we have a 10-11 win team that was playing very well at the end of the season. I think it was just one of those years. And that they will rebound well this year.

I don't dispute ST did us in last year. What I don't like is that those games were close enough for ST to make the difference, and that the team wasn't able to overcome their mistakes time and time again.

Injuries on the Oline, to Badger, and WRs and Floyd's problem were also to blame but every NFL team has to be prepared to weather the injuries.

The turn was when old history professor William Bidwill handed the reins over to a family member who was an actual Cardinals fan. Then things started happening, starting with U of P.
    Duh. Done nitpicking? Regardless, if 302 had not passed Card fans would be rooting for the team in LA. Or Texas. Or someplace else.
    The question of Daryl Washington.

I'm guessing this is Palmers last year IF we don't make the playoffs. The money he is paid demands a winner. (I'm a fan of Palmer) 38 is rare air for any player. July 21st.. 5 days away!!!
    Wooohooo
    Last edited by aaaaudio; 07-16-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    And now, according to Forbes, has a value of $2.1b, 38th on the list of franchises world wide.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

The Cards were renting space in Chicago, St-Louis and Phoenix until prop 302 and the resulting new stadium. Bowtie never had the resources to compete with big boys. If he wasn't a fan, he would have taken the money from Toronto before moving to the desert.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.