Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians' new book

Here's the promotion on Amazon for BA's book:

https://www.amazon.com/Quarterback-W...r+Bruce+Arians

This tidbit was making the rounds. See exert

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rians-refused/
    Last edited by Canyonram; 07-07-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Correct 'tidbit' link

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    You're right about how the sausage gets made. What I don't like is this book is sure to create some stupid media fires and therefore be a distraction. Save the book writing for retirement. I feel the same way about players who pursue little acting or music or whatever "careers" while still playing.
    Agreed.

The Quarterback Whisperer, how to build an elite quarterback.*

*my whispering only works if you get me a top 10 pick, preferably #1 overall.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawks4ever View Post
    The Quarterback Whisperer, how to build an elite quarterback.*

*my whispering only works if you get me a top 10 pick, preferably #1 overall.
    Pffftt...Luck and Palmer were number 1's but Big Ben was the 11th pick, not top 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    You're right about how the sausage gets made. What I don't like is this book is sure to create some stupid media fires and therefore be a distraction. Save the book writing for retirement. I feel the same way about players who pursue little acting or music or whatever "careers" while still playing.
    This. Arians can't win. If the Cardinals go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl, no one will say "wow, see, Arians writing books had nothing to do with it!" but if he goes 6-10 then it's "what the hell is the guy doing writing a book?" Why go there?

To your last sentence, I was always shaking my head at Shaquille O'Neal back in his prime. He had the time to make movies in the offseason, but cidn't have time to get his free throw percentage above 70%. Larry Bird said it best when he said O'Neal was a guy who could dominate a game and lose it at the free throw line.

Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Wow. Glad to hear he has been deemed cancer free.

My best to BA in being cancer free.

Been there myself and done that. Also
    ..worked in oncology. The outcomes are
    getting better against cancer. They are not at the rate
    we all hope for but my thoughts and prayers to all
    who deal with cancer as patients and families.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    My best to BA in being cancer free.
    I too echo this. I like BA for many reasons. He is a good person. I don't think there is any question about that.

When it comes to being a QB whisperer, I have doubts.

Yes he has be associated with some good ones, but how much of that was him, and would they be lousy without him? Or would they be good no matter what? I don't know.

What I do know, CP is the only QB ( that has flourished under BA as a Card ) He has had maybe a half dozen QB's to whisper to. None has worked out.

I want to be fair. Maybe none of these guys had what it takes.

The thing that frustrates me the most. Other teams ( and to be fair, only a few ) seem to find 2nd stringers that are good enough, other teams want them for their starter.

I will admit Matt Barkley might come close, but then why did we let him go if all he needed was some whispering..

I'm not really hating here, and maybe if BA was just a QB coach, then it might be different.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

I will admit Matt Barkley might come close, but then why did we let him go if all he needed was some whispering..
    This needs corrected.

Matt Barkley was not "let go". He declined his offer from the Cards to go elsewhere for more money, Chicago. It worked out for him in the long run.

JosEPh